Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mixed Martial Arts MMA Fanatics

Back to Guilds

This is for anyone who loves MMA 

Tags: Mixed, Martial, Arts, mma ufc, fight 

Reply Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)
hmm

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

does anyone know the mui boran or mui thai?
yea
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:40 pm
does no one know what mui thai is? well what about mui boran? bagua? chinese ken-po? these are the most deadly martial arts out there and the fastest  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 pm
ninninja8
does no one know what mui thai is? well what about mui boran? bagua? chinese ken-po? these are the most deadly martial arts out there and the fastest

If you mean muay thai and muay boran ... then yes I know what your talking about ... I've also heard of Kenpo ... as for bagua ... never heard of it ...  

baka_boy1221

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:34 pm
bagua is one of my favorit martial arts it is the fastest Chinese martial art and it was made for taking on multiple enemies while alone a bagua group if they are of master rank is said to be invincible its more common than mui boran and its so awsome  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:43 am
if bagua's so good why haven't any mma fighters picked it up yet? i know chinese martial arts is supposed to be the grandfather of hand to hand combat but why isn't it commonly used? if you know of any fighters that actually have chinese martial arts as a background i would love to see what they can do.  

dat4letterword

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 am
dat4letterword
if bagua's so good why haven't any mma fighters picked it up yet? i know chinese martial arts is supposed to be the grandfather of hand to hand combat but why isn't it commonly used? if you know of any fighters that actually have chinese martial arts as a background i would love to see what they can do.

i do know a few people who use bagua but so far only 1 tht knows mui boran and im learnin mui thai also know 4 others with it  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 pm
The thing is muay thai is muay boran ... muay boran is the old battlefield art ... muay thai is the combat sport ... as for chinese arts being the grand-daddy of all martial arts ... I always thought it was pankration ...  

baka_boy1221

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:54 pm
pakatron isnt foundation for all theirs atleast a little chinese martial arts in every style ive seen so far but i heard about a diff style that is supposubly the verry 1st style ever made Silat it has an adaptation known as Pencak Silat witch is supposed to only have 1 master class teacher  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:02 pm
idk exactly what you mean but i do train in muay thai  

MMAndrew

Evaded_Death

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 pm
the deadliest martial art isnt bagua  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:05 pm
ninninja8
pakatron isnt foundation for all theirs atleast a little chinese martial arts in every style ive seen so far but i heard about a diff style that is supposubly the verry 1st style ever made Silat it has an adaptation known as Pencak Silat witch is supposed to only have 1 master class teacher

Well the histories tell us that Alexander the Great ... a Greek ... when he conquered the world ... he took pankration with him ... and one of the places he took it was India ... the cradle of Buddism ... and it was these monks, who modified techniques in pankration as their own, spread it to China, Japan, and the other Asian nations ... this is but one arguement ...  

baka_boy1221

ninninja8

6,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:07 pm
baka_boy1221
ninninja8

Well the histories tell us that Alexander the Great ... a Greek ... when he conquered the world ... he took pankration with him ... and one of the places he took it was India ... the cradle of Buddism ... and it was these monks, who modified techniques in pankration as their own, spread it to China, Japan, and the other Asian nations ... this is but one arguement ...

alexander the great may have taken his martial art other places but it was three centuries before that when silat was made and it was carried around the world and became diferent martial arts that is the argument that i believe because three martial art masters told me and i believe them
btw i read this and then asked them about it and now im replying  
Heavyweights(Talks about UFC and Other major promotions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games