Reply The Lolita Society.
When do you wear your lolita clothes? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

science fiction is real

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Personally,
[please don't shoot me!]
I only really wear anything lolita to cons or some event like that.
I don't really wear it normally because I always try to look more boyish.
Since I AM a tomboy, I roughhouse a lot and it just wouldn't work if I was in loli.
I have kind of a reputation and appearance I need to keep and if I was seen in loli, it would be shattered.
It is not that I am embarrassed, it is that I'm not really the dress-wearing type of girl, usually. In cons I feel more comfortable with it because I know other people understand the style and don't know me for the evil little s**t I am.
So does anyone else do this or am I just weird. sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am
User Image

Ahaha, I know what you mean!
I'm not very girly at all, I'm more known for being androgynous. I've been trying to be more feminine because I do love skirts and dresses now. I'll get strange looks and weird reactions from a few people, especially my parents who have known me to be a tomboy in my younger years, fighting my mum every time she put me in a dress. But now, I say forget everything! I want to change for the better. Striving to be a lolita is helping me see myself in a more positive light. If people don't like it, screw them!

nemoricultrix

cagalli1543

7,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm
As soon as i get a sufficient wardrobe I'm going to wear lolita all the time. right now I've worn it at work, cons, and church.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 pm
To-day I wore it to school because it was my birthday! >w< (sorry, I'm still dancing around freaking out about it!)  

Chibirobokitti

A Doll Named Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm
aww cute!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm
Mostly, I dress like this

http://www.splendicity.com/styleitless/files/2008/04/windowslivewritervictoriabeckhamsplaidpencilskirtforless-9da0victoria-beckham-plaid-pencil-skirt-forless3-thumb.jpg

and this

http://burninsilence.tv/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/workwear.jpg

(shirt fully buttoned, mind you)

and closed toe black heels, not lolita.

My job is very forgiving in terms of dress code, but I'd like to get promoted, and somehow, I don't think wearing lolita at work often or daily would get me there. But I do end up incorporating a lot of lolita items into it, headdresses, crown hair pins or a victorian style blouse. The same goes for going to the mall, dining out, the grocery store, etc, except I turn in the skirt for skinny jeans.

However, lately I've been wearing toned down lolita outfits for "casual Fridays" which more often than not is a Monday for me. 4/5 days of the week my employers and coworkers have seen that I know how to be professional already, so I might as well have just as much fun as everyone else gets to once a week. I also wear it out on the town for fun.

smile

A Doll Named Mouse

Razzberry Pi

Desirable Codger

13,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:23 pm
A Doll Named Mouse
Mostly, I dress like this

http://www.splendicity.com/styleitless/files/2008/04/windowslivewritervictoriabeckhamsplaidpencilskirtforless-9da0victoria-beckham-plaid-pencil-skirt-forless3-thumb.jpg

and this

http://burninsilence.tv/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/workwear.jpg

(shirt fully buttoned, mind you)

and closed toe black heels, not lolita.

My job is very forgiving in terms of dress code, but I'd like to get promoted, and somehow, I don't think wearing lolita at work often or daily would get me there. But I do end up incorporating a lot of lolita items into it, headdresses, crown hair pins or a victorian style blouse. The same goes for going to the mall, dining out, the grocery store, etc, except I turn in the skirt for skinny jeans.

However, lately I've been wearing toned down lolita outfits for "casual Fridays" which more often than not is a Monday for me. 4/5 days of the week my employers and coworkers have seen that I know how to be professional already, so I might as well have just as much fun once a week as everyone else. I also wear it out on the town sometimes for fun.

smile

Hot¡ I love formal wear like that! I adore business attire!

Anyway, I don't really dress in as much lolita in the winter, but in the spring, summer, and fall, I wear loliable and other cute things a lot. I wear lolita mostly to meet-ups at the moment. I'll wear it more often, when I get more pieces.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm
Why not so much in the winter? Too cold? I wish I had a lolita coat! A nice black wool one with metal buttons!

->Also, having bright (currently red) hair is my one thing I get away with at work, so I don't wanna push it! I just thought about it looking at that orange blouse thinking, oh yeah, that's why I stopped wearing orange and red for the past few months... ha ha!  

A Doll Named Mouse

witchy__luna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 am
I don't wear lolita yet, since I don't have any clothes yet. Moved last year so didn't have any money for lolita up until now. but I want to get some soon. I don't really know when i would wear it. school wont be an option because I travel on a bicycle to school. (expensive clothes/skirt + bicycle =evil) will probably wear when I take my weakly walk trough the forest or something like that. and of course cons sweatdrop .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 am
I wear lolita when I feel like it. If I wake up early enough to get completely dressed up and look gorgeous then I do, weather its for hanging out or going to school.

But I also wear lolita to conventions and lolita meet ups.

I would wear lolita 24-7 if I could, but working where I work keeps me from that, and my limited ward robe so far. I want more though and when I can, I will.  

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Its Ren-chan

10,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:12 pm
I don't have any lolita clothes yet. I was planning on buying a casual dress this month, but my boyfriend got into an accident, so he's off from work for a while. Which means almost all my spending money will go to the bills this month.

I don't have the confidence to go outside in anything frilly and fancy yet, so I wanted to start out casual and maybe slowly gain some confidence doing that.

I'd wear casual lolita everyday if I thought I wouldn't get weird looks from people. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 pm
Its Ren-chan
I don't have any lolita clothes yet. I was planning on buying a casual dress this month, but my boyfriend got into an accident, so he's off from work for a while. Which means almost all my spending money will go to the bills this month.

I don't have the confidence to go outside in anything frilly and fancy yet, so I wanted to start out casual and maybe slowly gain some confidence doing that.

I'd wear casual lolita everyday if I thought I wouldn't get weird looks from people. 4laugh

its the same for me I'm very afraid of how people will react  

witchy__luna

The World Within

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:35 pm
I wear my lolita as much as my limited wardrobe allows.
I try to avoid wearing it every other day because I have gym at school and it's hard to get in and out of.

But people know me as the pink haired girl with the "EMO" skirts at school.
I see no possible way lolita could be called emo.
I'm a gothic lolita. Apparently that's auto-emo. wtf is emo anyway?
What is this crap? neutral

I don't understand people anymore. . .

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm
Since my lolita wardrobe (if you really wanna call it that) Consists of one dress taht wwas over 130$ and a few little pieces that go good with really ANY outfit, i can be either classic/gothic or punk or just casual lolita. I really put the enfasis (totally spelled wrong XD) on style and me being myself, i wear something lolita-styled almost everyday. Basically when i go out or hang with friends or something, that's when the make-up goes on, the skirt gets zipped up and i wear something stunning. Most of the time i get looks, but thats normal for me because i have been "abnormal" basically my whole teenage life and you learn to not think or care about what others think about you in time. I have also worn my expensive lolita dress to my old HS (i am now graduated) and to my dad's mom's house for christmas. I got lots of complements!! (from my family... XD)  

TentaiGames

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items