Welcome to Gaia! ::

9th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

Tags: Annual Ball, User Run, 9th Annual Ball, Gaia Ball 

Reply 9th Annual User Run Ball
Annual Ball Art Auction Fundraiser - NOW OPEN!!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If we were to have the auction at the first of June, could you participate?
Yes, that would be perfect for me!
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
No, but I would participate if it were at another date.
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
No, but I have no intention of participating.
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
I'm thinking about participating, but I'm not sure if I can.
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:11 pm
Annual Ball Art Auction Fundraiser

*No more new participants after this point.

I've been thinking about a way to make some serious gold for the ball while generating interest at the same time. I've been talking with Broken, and we think we have a good idea. Each artist involved with the ball would auction off art of their own choosing to be pooled for ball funds. We would have random number games to keep interest up, and have art as prices to maximize profit without having to make a financial investment. All funds collected during this time would go to the ball mule, and the funds would be divided based on need. For those of you who have already have earned all the gold you need for the ball, help out those who are still struggling. And for those of you who are still struggling, this can be your chance to catch up! Everyone is welcome to participate, and there is no minimum art requirement. You can contribute avi art, banners, or anything else that you can make. Give however much you would like. Every little bit helps in the end. To keep things moving in a timely manner, I'm setting the submission deadline at May 30th. We will run the auction for two weeks. The auction date will be set soon, but we're aiming to start it within the first two weeks in May.

*For those of you are are skilled at making elaborate banners, you could be the one to design the banner that catches everyone's attention for this auction. Let us know if you are interested in contributing a banner.

Application
Username:
What you are offering for auction:
What you are offering for autobuy:
Autobuy price:
Samples:
Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? (will be in addition to the lot you are auctioning):

Auction Format
I've been getting advice and tips from people much more experienced in the ways of art auctions than I am, and I think it might be in our benefit to all of the art into one lot and graphics into the other lot. If we can streamline this thing, we might be able to gain more profit than we would otherwise.

Art
x_Silver_Starlight_x
Red7227
Poyudi Hytori

Graphics
XxHarmonicxX
stupidpsycho
ewagan  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 pm
Username: XxharmonicxX
What you are offering for auction: A year's worth of free graphics by me. However, a limit of one batch of graphics (negotiable) per month.
What you are offering for autobuy: Thread layout + coding
Autobuy price: 100 000 gg
Samples: Click.
Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? I'll make banners or a posting layout as a prize.

Um, if no one else wants to do it, I don't mind making a banner for the auction. c:

harmonieux
Crew

Fatcat

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:19 pm
XxHarmonicxX
Username: XxharmonicxX
What you are offering for auction: A year's worth of free graphics by me. However, a limit of one batch of graphics (negotiable) per month.
What you are offering for autobuy: Thread layout + coding
Autobuy price: 100 000 gg
Samples: Click.
Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? I'll make banners or a posting layout as a prize.

Um, if no one else wants to do it, I don't mind making a banner for the auction. c:

That is awesome! Thank you so much! xd Btw, I LOVE your graphics! What program do you use?

Also, I sent a PM to Angel, so hopefully there will be an announcement for this thread soon. I talked with her about it a few weeks ago, and she gave the project her full support. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:08 pm
Thank you! <3
I use Photoshop CS5. c:

harmonieux
Crew

Fatcat

x_Silver_Starlight_x
Crew

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 pm
Username: x_Silver_Starlight_x
What you are offering for auction: 1 piece of artwork of an avi, OC, fanart, etc. with up to 2 characters. Anything from a head shot, to a full body, line art only.
What you are offering for autobuy: 2 separate pieces, up to 2 characters, anything from a head shot to a full body, one line art, one coloured. Also, line art bust shot of one character, or line art chibi. Would receive over the course of 1-2 months, unless they want to wait for character art for the Annual Ball.
Autobuy price: 1 mil gold
Samples: WIP; Finished line art for past auction; Rapunzel; Past art commission; coloured chibi
Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? (will be in addition to the lot you are auctioning): I could offer free sketches of avi art to those who stick around.

We should also each have a starting bid, yes? And we'd each keep track of our highest bidders?
Also, Harmonic, you could probably fetch a much higher auto buy for a year's worth of graphics.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 pm
I was thinking that we could just start each person's lots off at 1/4 of their buy prices. Maybe we should go higher? Increments would also be based off of the buy price. For someone in the 100k to 500k range, 10k increments would work. For something higher, we could go for 25k. The starting prices and increments haven't been nailed down yet, so I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

The bid tracking system still hasn't been nailed down yet either. What I have in mind would be to have people place bids in the thread and PM the person they are bidding on so that person can update the price. But, the price would also be in the thread to use as evidence if there was ever a dispute over time. I was thinking of having each person post their own info say they can update their info, but we can have it all consolidated and have one person continually update everything over and over. Having a mule for that purpose might be beneficial, and then have a couple people update it.  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 pm
LilChibiusa
I was thinking that we could just start each person's lots off at 1/4 of their buy prices. Maybe we should go higher? Increments would also be based off of the buy price. For someone in the 100k to 500k range, 10k increments would work. For something higher, we could go for 25k. The starting prices and increments haven't been nailed down yet, so I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

The bid tracking system still hasn't been nailed down yet either. What I have in mind would be to have people place bids in the thread and PM the person they are bidding on so that person can update the price. But, the price would also be in the thread to use as evidence if there was ever a dispute over time. I was thinking of having each person post their own info say they can update their info, but we can have it all consolidated and have one person continually update everything over and over. Having a mule for that purpose might be beneficial, and then have a couple people update it.

true. but we can also have one post that has every artists current bid placed on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:01 am
broken_bleeding_angel
LilChibiusa

true. but we can also have one post that has every artists current bid placed on it.

That would also work. blaugh I think I'll let you handle this part since you're more experienced at it than I am.  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:14 pm
LilChibiusa
broken_bleeding_angel
LilChibiusa

That would also work. blaugh I think I'll let you handle this part since you're more experienced at it than I am.

Sure. Ièll make two separate layouts for us for the thread. And which ever you & Ilike will be the one we use, ok?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:14 pm
For the auction I was in, we had the AB high, but the starting bid was still fairly low.
I would probably put mine at 50k, with bid increments of 25k. Because art goes well, takes time to make, and is hard work, most people looking for art are willing to pay higher prices.  

x_Silver_Starlight_x
Crew

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

harmonieux
Crew

Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:29 pm
Graphics are not in as high of a demand as art, so I think I would start mine at 200k, and go up by...10k.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm
That's great info! I'll take your advice in the auction. I hope we can get a few more people in it. I was hoping that Angel would mention this in her announcement, but she didn't for some reason. We had some pretty large donations to the ball funds, so maybe that's why she didn't plug the auction. I still think that we should do one real ball fundraiser if nothing else.  

LilChibiusa
Crew

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:30 am
hmmmm new post? lets see...

Username: stupidpsycho
What you are offering for auction: cookie jars 10 jars (used last year to help fundraise.) Ill be stuffing avis that they choose into the jars.
What you are offering for autobuy: additional 3 jars + special wedding cookie jar ( they will get the 1st one ever made of this version of the jar. aside from the sample there are none other)
Autobuy price:100k (start should probly be round 15-20k and increments should be round 2 or 5k)
Samples: Mini versions >_< (actual size is larger there are other jars too just too lazy to pull them out)
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Purple - - - - - - Pink - - - - - - Orange - - - - - Yellow - - - - - - Green - - - - - - Blue

Would you like to offer any art as prizes? If so, what are you willing to offer? (will be in addition to the lot you are auctioning): crappy 30minute headshot drawings? tiny tiny version of the cookie jars?
User ImageUser Image

<_< lol using recycled graphics good or bad?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:14 pm
*glomps psycho* AHHHH! ♥ I haven't seen you since the 7th ball!  

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

stupidpsycho

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 am
^_^ hi broken i guess it has been awhile since i've actually posted hmm.... i have been reading the guild threads though just watching like a ghost and never seen or heard from.

ninja or maybe a ninja? O3O  
9th Annual User Run Ball

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces