[Misc] Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:11 pm
Hello! Hey there! Greetings and salutations!

I know I said this before, but it begs to be said again, Welcome to -=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-!
Rather you are a new member just finding this place, or a old one returning, it is good to see you, and even better to meet you! biggrin

Feel free to introduce yourself, and maybe share a little about who you are and what type of things interests you, and even what brought you to the guild!  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:56 am
Right then, I shall start.

I'm Revan, I am 21, I'm a Cancer, and I live in Oregon, US. I am a artist. I have been on Gaia since July 04, and have been doing roleplays since about 02-03.

Roleplaying is something I very much enjoy. I enjoy the ability to be whoever, or whatever I want to be. It is often a very freeing experience. I have done a large variety of Rps over the years; Harry Potter, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, ATLA, Marval/DC Comics, Starwars, are among the fandoms I have done. I enjoy Romance, and Action and Adventure, Fantasy, Scifi, Historical... pretty much anything really.

Besides Roleplay, I enjoy doing art, writing, playing videogames, reading (I read a lot, I do it all the time, its kind of an addiction really), going for long walks, music, and dancing.

That's.. pretty much the basics.  

Revan Star
Crew

Tao of Mag

Dapper Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:04 am
Okay, I'll come in second, I guess! ^.^

I'm Tao of Mag (call me Mag or Tao), I'm 18, I'm a Scorpio (watch out!) and I live in Flagstaff, AZ. I'm a college student (pre-veterinary Biology major) and I've been on Gaia roleplaying since about '05.

When I roleplay, I usually don't do ones that are fandom based. I prefer original characters. I prefer sci-fi and action, but I enjoy romance sprinkled in there. I'm willing to try anything that sounds interesting!

Aside from roleplaying, I have a number of hobbies. I collect BJDs (have three), make jewelry, playing video games, running, hiking, camping, music, etc.

There are random times where I will be offline for days at a time. I currently am in the process of purchasing a teardrop trailer so I can travel the country inexpensively, so this summer I will probably be checking in only when I can get free wifi/use my phone as a modem.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:25 pm
Welcome Tao! Glad to have you back in the guild once more!  

Revan Star
Crew

Aarien

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:07 pm
Herro!

My name is Aarien, originating from my heavy LotR obsession throughout high school. I am 22 years old, and trying to figure out life; 42 does not answer my equation. I have a multitude of interests including, but not limited to, politics, education, philosophy, music, steam punk, TaeKwonDo, jewelry and last, but not least, women.

I like roleplaying, but I can get really in depth about it. I'm all about character interactions and building a plausible, juicy story. I like rping with someone who can take my ideas and challenge them or fight against them. I watch a lot of soap opera style shows, so that gives you an indication. So I find my acceptable match base is limited, sadly. If you find yourself agreeing with what I have thus far explained please, for the love of your god, message me!

On that note, I am a little bit offensive and generally sarcastic. Everyone should be. This modern concept of "political correctness" is bull. No matter how you behave you will offend someone. So I grant myself a greater sense of humility, because if I'm dishing it out I should take it like the good lil' b***h I am. However, boys and girls, remember moderation is the key!
biggrin

Lastly, I am an overall "nice gal". I don't like drama or fighting, except in my escapism roleplaying. If something that I talk about really bothers you, please let me know. I will do my best to be courteous to your request, as I hope you will do the same for me. For example: talking about suicide really bothers me because I lost my brother to it over five years ago.

Now for interests! I love South Park for their ability to see the truth in real life situations, and make a big joke and learn a lesson from it. Hands down, it is my favourite cartoon series, followed by Futurama. As for live action, My top three would be Firefly, Doctor Who, and Xena, in that order. Some of my favourite movies is V for Vendetta and Serenity, as far as fiction goes. I don't watch much anime anymore, but a couple of my staples are Full Metal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop. Hope there are some other fans of these around here!  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 am
Guess who has insomnia?

Right. That'd be me. I should be working on projects, but instead I decided to try to sleep. Failing at that I thought I'd post in here. Dunno why, though, since most of y'all are probably vaguely aware of who I am.

For those of you who don't, I'm Akai. Or Kai. Or whatever the bloody hell you wanna call me. Except Mandy. Only Rev gets to call me that and it usually ends with me flipping her off over the internet. Pronouns are the same. I don't care which set people use when referring to me. I've been on this site for waaaay too long and I refuse to acknowledge my actual age. Instead I'll bounce from being 5 to a 14 year old boy to old enough that the little freshmen come and ask me for help like I'm a prof or a grad student. As a bit of a warning, I tend to curse. A lot. Sometimes more than Rev, I suspect. I also tend to be rather grumbly/grumpy. Probably due to lack of sleep amongst other things.

My interests are, well ********, I'm ADHD so pretty much whatever catches my eye for the moment. I've tried my hand at being an engineering major, linguistics, econ, business econ and now art major. Consistently, though, I like women, reading, RPing, gaming of most kinds, fantasy and sci-fi.

Rev? Why the ******** is this starting to sound like a bloody personal ad? -grumble- Screw this. I'm not writing a personal ad. I don't need one. Done now, attention lost.  

Akai_ryu
Crew

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:47 pm
Aarien! Mandy! biggrin Good job at posting here guys!  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:56 pm
Hello everyone. :3

I'm Mercurial Tears (you can call me Mercury or Merc, or whatever strikes your fancy), I'm 16 years old (I turn 17 on June 12th) which makes me a Gemini currently living in Albuquerque, NM. I've been on Gaia since Valentine's Day '06.

I like Rockerbillies and Steampunk. I like almost all Rp types, especially Fantasy.  

Mercurial Tears

Dainty Doe

3,650 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:17 pm
Hii 8D My name is Grace. I rather you call me that because my screen name is super silly. I'm a 16 year old girl living in Florida. I love to RP but (usually) only OC's unless it's super special or something. My interests are music, art, and the internet. And I looove movies heart ;u; . I also play a few woodwind & string instruments as well and doodle animu in my spare time.

I, for the life of me, can't remember what brought me here. I'm a returning member so it's good to be back and seeing it get active again c: .

...and to make this post 20% cooler I must show you my current fandom.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 pm
My naaame is Coley and I am 21 years old this Sunday, making me a very mighty Taurus. I am a community college student with an undecided major - I'm doing exploratory work right now and job preparation. I live in Washington STATE, so it's likely that half of you are at least two hours ahead of me.

Roleplaying has been a very constant fixture in my life. I started when I was 12 and I don't really see an end on the horizon. However, I don't have the energy like I used to and can usually focus on one or two roleplays at a time. Since I'm very committed to my Yuri thread, Temperance, it's very rare that I'll join something else unless it interests me.

I love roleplays that have an actual plot planned out, and a thread owner who will drive the plot along come hell or high water. I think that characters interacting with each other is the most important thing to a roleplay - pairing off has a nasty tendency of halting all progress.

I have a lot of hobbies, but I'm a hardcore reader. If anyone wants to know some impressive, free novels on the net I can hook you up with some of my favorites. smile

Nice to meet you all.

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:41 pm
Merc, Grace! Welcome, its great to see you two! biggrin

Coley! Fear not, you are not the only person here on the west coast. Akai, D, and myself all are in the west. heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:12 pm
Revan Star

Coley! Fear not, you are not the only person here on the west coast. Akai, D, and myself all are in the west. heart

Here for now. Who knows where I'll end up in a year or so?

And hello, new folks. Don't let Rev bully/harass you into stuff.  

Akai_ryu
Crew

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:36 pm
Akai_ryu
Revan Star

Here for now. Who knows where I'll end up in a year or so?

And hello, new folks. Don't let Rev bully/harass you into stuff.

... What? Why am I the bad guy?! gonk Dont listen to Akai dears, or D, I do not bully/harass/blackmail/con/threaten/bribe or anything of the sort.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:07 pm
Hola! I'm D (or dee) and I'm from the west part of the US. And I? I'm terrified of Revan. She's a monster! (kidding... .... mostly)

Uh. Yeah. I like to RP. biggrin Actually this post was half made to ask Mags what sort of BJD she had. >_>  

DeirdreTonbo
Captain

Sweet Senshi

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:11 pm
DeirdreTonbo
Hola! I'm D (or dee) and I'm from the west part of the US. And I? I'm terrified of Revan. She's a monster! (kidding... .... mostly)

Uh. Yeah. I like to RP. biggrin Actually this post was half made to ask Mags what sort of BJD she had. >_>

I'm not a monster! crying

You ladies see this? No respect! None! crying crying  
-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas