Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:34 pm
BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL, I DECLARE THIS OOC THREAD

OPEN!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:28 pm
If I may toot my own horn a bit, this is a most lovely OOC thread I have made here...
Too bad it's dead. T-T  

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

Aenakume

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 am
For the honour of Greyskull, I think you spoke too soon. ^_^;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm
Just a little somethingAenakune thought up, thought I'd share the post here for anyone interested in the RP.

I keep forgetting to ask - how strong are these girls? And how fast and athletic? How sensitive (how well can they see/hear/smell/sense presences?

The reason I ask is cause I was figuring that the max strength a normal human can have is 3, if they're:
Str- 3
Vit- -1
Dex- -1
Wil- -1
(Total: 0)

And Hana has str 3, which effectively means that Hana has the same level of strength as an Olympic weightlifter. That tiny Chinese girl from the last Olympics lifted ~200 kg (~450 pounds) (and heavier women were lifting like 300 kg - and the dudes were lifting well over 400 kg, even over 1000 lbs), so does that mean that Hana can effectively do things like throw two full grown men over each shoulder and run with them to carry them to safety? (And Sam with a str of 6 can probably lift and throw a SmartCar (if you use the men's standards of weightlifting strength - if you use the girl's... not quite).) So when they're in battle, would Hana be able to do things like flip a car onto its side to use as cover? Or lift a whole phone booth and throw it?

And the same idea applies to agility and speed and so on. Would Hana be able to leap up to the top of a telephone pole and balance there? And what about speed? If the fastest woman sprinter can run the 100 m in 10 s, can Hana do it - with her dex of 7 - in like 4 s? In other words, running like 40 kph (~25 mph)?

My response:

... ...that's actually a pretty damn good question. I hadn't thought of anything like that. O.O
Well, the closest thing I can think of is, not yet, they can't do any extraordinary stuff quite yet. Sam, with her 6 STR, could only lift, at max, a large man weighing 300lbs. However, with level increases, even though the stats won't increase dramatically, they will be able to do extraordinary feats like that.

Baby steps. Work up to supersoldier quality, not start off there. ^_^

Anyway, I beleive that from this point on, we should continue these discussions in the OOC thread I created in the guild. That way everyone can share all this glorious info.  

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:54 pm
So, I'm tryin g to look for a good cute magical mascot for the group... So far I have only come across two candidates...
As to the nature of the mascot, that all depends on who is chosen... Tossing around ideas for how they will behave. Anyway, the two candidates are...
User Image
Decent. It's cute, it's realistic enough for people to ignore it on the street and for it to hang out mostly inconspicuously with the girls...

And then theres...
User Image
The one in the middle there. ITS! SO! ********! CUTE! Its adorable, I can't stop staring, and it's eyes draw me in like a black pool of love and cuteness. I CAN SEE ETERNITY!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 pm
Aw, you know I'm a big fan of over-the-top. ^_^; I like the idea of the star thing just floating around them that - for no apparent reason - everyone just assumes is something benign, like a balloon, or a mosquito. So, basically, you could have one of the girls just standing there talking to someone, and the star could be floating around interjecting comments, but the other person seems completely unaware (kinda like how it is with Stewie on Family Guy - everyone seems to hear him, but no one seems to process the horrible things he says), and then the other person says something like, "Ah, Sam-chan, please excuse me, but it seems like there is a wasp buzzing about your head. *SWAT!!!* There we go."

So I definitely vote for Hoshi-chan. ^_^;  

Aenakume

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:16 pm
Hmm, makes sense... Except I can't possibly see that thing doing anything other than floating around and being adorable and happy and EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL! Which means it would lack any serious side that would prompt the girls into doing anything than just sitting around, staring at it and going "OMG ITS SO KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!!!!!".

Seriously,. am I the only one that's drawn in by how cute this thing is?

Anyway, maybe there could be both... the happily cute star, and the cute little fox... which is like a serious old man, complete with smoking a pack a day and making suggestive comments towards the girls regarding the fact they're girls.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:20 pm
You mean the little fox is a pervert? ^_^; That's adorable. I'm sold.  

Aenakume

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:32 pm
Aenakume
You mean the little fox is a pervert? ^_^; That's adorable. I'm sold.

On the star, the fox, or both?

And not jsut a pervert. He'd also do s**t like take some of their money and head for a pachinko parlor, or bet on horse races against OTHER GUARDIANS of all things.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:36 pm
On both. I think they'd both work. Like the star, if it's just oooooozing cuteness, will surely rankle with the more tomboy types, which could be funny. Meanwhile, how can you not have a chain-smoking, larcenous, lecherous cute fox on the team? ^_^;  

Aenakume

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:45 pm
Aenakume
On both. I think they'd both work. Like the star, if it's just oooooozing cuteness, will surely rankle with the more tomboy types, which could be funny. Meanwhile, how can you not have a chain-smoking, larcenous, lecherous cute fox on the team? ^_^;

Hmm... an excellent point. And the star could always be oozing cuteness, no matter what its doing.

Sam would have mixed feelings towards it. Sometimes he would be like "What the ********, this thing is annoying". Other times he wouldn't help but going "ITS SO CUTE! I GOTTA HUG IT!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:48 pm
He he, the magical girl heart in him will not be silenced or ignored! ^_^; And Hana would probably be the enabler for the fox; when everyone else wants to throttle it, she would still be defending it because how can anything so adorable be guilty of the horrible things they're accusing it of? (Meanwhile the fox is busy copping a feel and picking her pocket.)  

Aenakume

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:09 pm
Aenakume
He he, the magical girl heart in him will not be silenced or ignored! ^_^; And Hana would probably be the enabler for the fox; when everyone else wants to throttle it, she would still be defending it because how can anything so adorable be guilty of the horrible things they're accusing it of? (Meanwhile the fox is busy copping a feel and picking her pocket.)

User Image
My God, help me! I CANT STOP LOOKING AT CUTE THINGS!
I decided maybe I could find a better reference picture for the star, one where he'd be a solid yellow color... and... I just can't stop User Imagelooking at all these little stars with cute faces! Not even blaring Amon Amarth into my ears is lessening it!
User Image
Anyway, yes, that would be awesome. And while the fox is picking her pocket and copping a feel, the star is hovering around behind it with a gonk look on it's face, waving around it's little arms and trying to tell the fox that that is a very, User Imagevery bad thing to do in the most adorable way possible.User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:28 pm
Ok, ladies! The Defenders has officially bugun with a Narration (whenever I escribe anything relavent to the RP that may or may not be directly related to the actions of the PCs). This has set us off. Any important info regarding the world around the characters will be displayed in an Ornate style window. Note also that news of whether a dice roll succeeds, or whether or not the player must make a dice roll, will be displayed in such a window.

Note also that language barriers may play a significant factor in this story. As such, the rule will be thus.

Any words or sentences said in Japanese will appear as a standard sentence.
Example:
"Hello, my name is Sam," Sam said.

If a sentence or word, etc., is said in any language other than English, the sentence will be written in English, but will appear in the < and > symbols within the quotation marks, with mention of the exact lannguage being spoken either before or after the sentance.
Example:
"" Sam said in English.  

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

Aenakume

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:06 pm
So how do the dice rolls work?  
-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash