Alizarin Crimson Dorm: Roy, Ray and Alphonse. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tablowme

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:53 pm
Welcome to the Dorm, Alphonse Micah, Roy Evans, and Ray Colburn!

Your dorm is now full, but there's only two bedrooms, it seems... someone has to share!

Here's a map of the room:

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

___________ ___________

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

The door opened soundlessly, but the dull silence dragged on as though nothing had perturbed the stillness of the room. Nothing was moving and the dorm stayed as lifeless as it had always been. Things felt dead to him as he stood in the doorway, luggage in hand. Would things be the same here? Would he be left alone once more? People moved on in life so it should not bother him at all, no? He had been plain stupid to have grown fond of someone he had just met, but was he the only one who could not simply let go of what he had believed to be the beginning of a strong friendship? As usual, he was different in an inferior way and he hated it.

Grimly, Roy finally stepped into where he will be living for the next few months. The dorm was much bigger than the one he had just left with its own kitchen and washroom included, but the problem was that it only had two room. Instinctively, Roy made his way to the one with only one bed. He had no idea who his dormmates were, but he wasn't too eager to mingle with any of them right now.

He was glad to notice that the working desk had a small shelf above it and he quickly opened his heavy trunk to take out the fantasy novels he always kept with him. Sorting through them soothed him. His departure for Fuyu had been an eventful and emotionally straining one. With a small sigh, he sat down at the desk and ran his fingers over the worn leather spine of his true friends. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Caroll, A Song of Ice and Fire by Martin, The Fellowship of the Ring by Tolkien...He paused, eyes lingering on the title or, more precisely, on a single word. "Pointless." Brusquely, he took out the book from the shelf it had been placed on barely a minute ago and threw it into his trunk with a bit too much power then necessarily. Thankfully although it irritated him for no reason, the sound of impact was muted by the clothes it had landed on.

±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±±

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 pm
Ray Colburn
"Luck never gives; it only lends."

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray walked into his assigned dorm with a heavy steps with messenger back strapped on his shoulder and a moderately sized suitcase at hand. Having just come back from his hometown to deal with personal matters, the platinum blond was beyond exhausted. Being forced to withdraw from his previous academy, the teen was unable to reapply there. Instead, he had received an invitation for Fuyu Academy. The offer was extremely tempting for an average gifted student, the institution was larger and more prestigious than his latter, however, Ray had a been able to find a friend in the smaller Academy who seemed to have accepted him as himself. Such a relationship had never been accomplished by the gambler and he had quickly become attached of the other teen as well and cherished the moments they had spent together. Sadly, Ray had left in such a rush that he had forgotten to say his goodbyes or even exchange contact information, but then again, unlike Fuyu Academy, electronic devices could not connect with the rest of the world, so getting a cellphone number would have been useless. Upon closer inspection of his new 'home', the light blond haired teen was pleasantly surprised by how much more luxurious the rooms were compared to his previous dorm. A bathroom and a kitchen were nice additions that the boy could eventually get used to, that is whenever he could get the panging feeling of having lost an important friend who was probably still on that secluded island.

Not wanting to continue to angst about such painful and tormenting thoughts, Ray decided it was probably best he get some rest to recuperate from his long trip. Dragging his luggage to the larger room containing two beds, both seemed to be unoccupied. Another reminder of his time at the previous institution. Letting out a sigh, the platinum blond brought his suitcase to the edge of left bed which was aligned against a wall. Feeling extremely lazy which was usually not of his type, the gambler just laid on the bed, not bothering to undo the blanket and covers. Despite his desire to get some sleep, slumber did not arrive and his blue eyes kept starring at the ceiling. "Must be desynchronosis," the teen noted the medical term for jet lag as he got up from his bed. "I guess I'll unpack," the platinum blond decided as he had nothing better to do at the moment. Taking out his well loved deck of cards from their package, he began to flip through them, admiring each card and reclassifying them in a neat order. Flipping open the trunk of his suitcase, there wasn't much of personal items. A few notepads, a simple pencil case, nothing out of the ordinary since his most prized possession stayed by his side at all times.

Once that was done, he proceeded to the kitchen in search of possibly some cold water to quench his thirst or a bite to eat. Walking up to fridge in the kitchen, Ray opened it, wondering whether or not the school had been kind enough to replenish the fridges for the students. Thankfully, Fuyu Academy had completely restocked the fridge and it was bursting with different kinds of foods. Picking up a water bottle and a bag of grapes he managed to find, the gambler wanted to wash them before consuming them. Turning on the kitchen tab water, it gushed out and made a bit of noise before stabilizing into a steady flow of water. With that done, the teen sat on one of the chairs on the dining table and started snacking away.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

___________ ___________

Roy whipped his head towards the common living area of the dorm when he heard the sound of running water. He had been so caught up in his thought that he had not noticed the other presence though that did little to improve his mood. Had the other person not noticed his presence as well? That was very likely considering the fact that the lights had been on when he entered and he did not make any loud noise that would attract attention. However, he had left the door to his room open, but luckily for Roy, his dormmate had not noticed either.

Slowly, he lowered himself onto the chair to consider his next actions. Obviously, it would be rude to simply ignore whoever was out there, but he really did not feel like socializing. He was in a terrible mood and would probably do something he would regret and getting on the bad side of someone he will be rooming with for the next year wasn't exactly a good idea. Besides, he was bound to be found with his door open and there was no way he could close it without being noticed.

With a sigh, he made his way towards the the door, but froze in the door frame. Chin length pale, almost white, hair. Short red cape over a dark militaristic overcoat. It was him. Roy had taken a step forward without realizing and he quickly stopped. In a blur of movement, he was back into his room, leaning heavily on the door to slam it shut, while chanting the opposite of what he was feeling, "Nonononononononono!" He had just gotten the resolve to try and forget him, but like a chronic disease coming back to plague him, there stood Ray Colburn.

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:10 pm
Ray Colburn

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray had been sitting on the chair and his elbows leaned on the table as he quietly ate the fruit. Slowly, exhaustion began to take him and the platinum blond was about to doze off on the table when the abrupt sound of the slamming door startled him out of his slumber. Confusingly, the teen looked around to see anyone and the only notable difference in the room was that the door of one room was closed. Wondering whether he had missed his roommate enter while he had been trying to nap or that the person had been inside the room all this time and had suddenly decided to slam the door. Gently rubbing his eyes to wake himself up, the teen swore that he had gained massive dark circles under his eyes since he had left the first Academy to attend to family issues. The gambler had hardly any time to rest before coming to Fuyu Academy since he did not wish to miss any classes.

Painfully getting up from his seat and walking to the closed door, Ray decided he needed to be friendly to the person in the room. If anything, it was what his friend Roy had taught him that. Knocking against the hard wood of the door the blue-eyed teen spoke to the shut door, hoping the person on the other side would hear him. "Hello? I'm supposing you are one of my roommates, I'm Ray, are you hungry? I could cook something up." the teen suggested, hoping to socialize. He wasn't exactly hungry, but still being his socially awkward self, he decided to ask whatever came to mind that wasn't too scientific.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

___________ ___________

Roy cringed when he heard and felt the other teen knock against his door. What was he supposed to do? He knew that he had to face the other sooner or later, but he would prefer if it was later. Right now, all he wanted to do was throw something at the gambler's face and his panic rose when he heard Ray offer to cook. Cooking meant being in the kitchen. Sharps things were located in the kitchen and said sharp things hurt when thrown at someone. "No, no. I am perfectly fine!" he answered quickly, tone a bit too harsh with worry and he banged the back of his head against the door he had been leaning on. What was he doing?

He was in the dorm assigned to him and about to meet his roommate. Roy let out a frustrated growl at his lack of composure before turning around to face the door. Ray had left without so much as slipping a word to him as though he did not acknowledge their friendship and he shall do the same as well. With renewed determination, he grabbed the door handled and turned it. The door was tugged open roughly as though whatever violence was done upon it would be transmitted to Ray. Feet firmly anchored into the soft carpet, Roy lifted his chin to look at his source of trouble square in the eye. "Hello, I am Roy Evans. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:27 pm
Ray Colburn

User Image

User ImageUser Image

While waiting for his roommate to decide whether or not they decided to show their face, Ray had been slowly succumbing to sleep, his head nodding on and off and his blue-eyes tried to stay open. It had been approximately a year since the gambler had left his previous Academy and he had gotten very little sleep during that time and worked on simple adrenaline. Now that the teen finally had nothing to do, it seemed as if he could just flop to his side and fall asleep.

When the indecisive person behind the door finally opened up, Ray's blue eyes couldn't help but widen in surprise. The probability of seeing the blond teen were thought to be such a small percentage that it could be deemed negligible. "Roy?" Questioning whether or not he was already sleeping and that he was once again dreaming of his friend. His exhaustion disappeared swiftly and the platinum blond had so many questions to ask Roy. "I never thought I would see you here! When and why did you leave Spirit?" From the looks of it, the gambler was still slightly taller than the other blond and appearance-wise, Roy looked the same. However, what happened to his usually enthusiastic demeanor? Did one year manage to change his friend that much, perhaps, like him, he had undergone many tribulations. There were many things that Ray wanted to talk about, so hopefully the teen could put off his desire to sleep a little longer and in the past year, he was starting to get a hang of all nighters.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

___________ ___________

Ray's sudden display of emotion had caught Roy unguarded, but as he stood there staring, he finally noticed the dark circles under Ray's eyes and had the man lost weight? However, the year that had passed since they last met sure had turned Ray talkative and enthusiastic. He blinked with a slight frown as his brain processed what he had heard. "So, you never thought you would see me here," he parroted blandly and promptly ignored Ray's question. Rationality wasn't exactly on Roy's side after hearing those words and he let his emotions take over his thought process. Ray left because he thought he would not see Roy in this new institution.

"You really were eager to get rid of me. I suppose you got tired of having an annoying idiot around, but I have good news for you." A small movement behind Ray told Roy that he was losing control over his powers and he had to stop himself before forks and plates started flying around them. Closing his eyes to calm himself ever so slightly and erect some emotional defenses, Roy continued on. " I'll stay out of your way so long as you stay out of mine." Stiffly, the younger of the two took a step back so he could make a move to close the door on his dormmate's face.

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:05 pm
Ray Colburn

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Roy's words were making very little sense to the gambler. Perhaps it was due to his own lack of sleep that he was beginning to hallucinate? Or then again, was he just having another dream of his friend and he would soon be abruptly woken up by the beeping sounds of his alarm clock? Both theories were quite plausible. Carefully leaning onto the wall at his back for support, Ray let his back slide against it until he was sitting down in an attempt to properly understand the blond's words. "Get rid of you?" The platinum blond asked in a puzzled voice again, attempting to confirm what he had just heard. "I'm not sure what kind of hypothesis you've believed since I left for the past year, but it was certainly not 'to get rid of you', as you said. "

Letting out a small sigh as he ruffled his pale blond hair. If Roy had thought he had been abandoned, it was more than an understatement that he would have to sort things out. But where to begin? Countless events had occurred since the approximate 365 days that they had been apart and things had not been easy on the teen. Then again, it seemed like Roy had it rough as well. Hoping his friend would not just shut himself in his room, Ray decided to talk, even if it was little information. "If you've believed that I left you because you were an 'annoying idiot', than your entire theory is incorrect. I was forced to withdraw from the other Academy due to family issues... I had to deal with multiple issues that required my immediate presence back in my hometown."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:01 am
User ImageUser Image

___________ ___________

Roy paused in mid process of kicking his boots off. He had planned to stay holed up in his room all day until Ray left, but his anger suddenly felt childish and improper after he's heard Ray's side of the tale. He only managed a lame,"Oh." but stayed unmoving on his bed. The possibility of Ray having family issues never crossed him mind, in fact, Ray had not really talked about his family. Now that he thought about it, he knew very little about Ray. He only knew that he was a gambler and a fellow Canadian. At least that explained why Ray looked so tired. "I guess your family is fine now since you're here."

His irritation was dissipating and guilt crept was slipping through the defenses he had set up. "Well, good for you and really, there wasn't much worthwhile in Spirit." With the barest effort, Roy mentally willed the door to unlock hoping that it will be seen as a sign of peace.

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:59 pm
Ray Colburn

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray got back up from sitting on the floor and attempted to brush off any wrinkles on his already messy clothes. "Well, I would say that they are doing alright. My parents were slightly too stubborn to let me miss another year of school." Seeing Roy enter his room, the platinum blond half hesitated whether he should follow suit. However, his room seemed out of the question, meeting the other blond had somewhat refreshed and reawakened his mind. Trying to fall asleep now of all times seemed improbable.

Then, he recalled of something he had brought in his suitcase in the other room. With quick steps, the teen went to fetch it. Perhaps it would interest Roy, he seemed to be an avid fan of the supernatural. "What do you mean there wasn't much worthwhile?" He asked curiously as Ray thought over the statement. Sure, there wasn't much going on while he had briefly attended the school, classes seemed to have just started when he had left, leaving the gambler no opportunity to properly analyze the quality of the faculty there. The light blond haired boy cautiously opened the door leading to his friend's room, taking a step inside, hoping they could continue talking.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

___________ ___________

By the time Ray had set foot in his room, Roy had somewhat sorted his thoughts and flopped down onto his bed. Above him, two smoky orbs were whirling around each other. Whatever came into direct contact with it will have its power effectiveness diminished for a short while. Small souvenirs he had kept not for any sentimental purpose, but for their practicalness should his control slip again. "The classes were disappointing. The only useful class was taught by a sadistic b*****d that enjoyed seeing his students squirm in pain," he explained, still staring up at the two moving objects while laying on his back. Their movements had slowed down since his attention was divided but had not lost any altitude which was a good thing. "Students were better off learning on their own if they wanted to avoid any traumas and luckily the man did not care about any students that skipped classes."

A few sheet of papers flew to him from the messy pile of papers he had dumped onto his work desk and both whirling orbs took their places. Lazily, Roy glanced at the list of classes offered by the school's curriculum. "I wonder if we'll encounter those sort of assholes here." His eyes landed on the "Black Magic" subject and worry flooded in. "I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Magic teacher was one and I hope that the Knife Fighting teacher isn't some stab happy lunatic. The amount of combat classes is worrisome if you ask me." A year had not been enough for him to improve his physical abilities and Roy doubted that Ray had more luck than him. Well, at least his control over his power had significantly improved.

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 pm
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

As Ray entered Roy's room, he couldn't help but notice the shelf filled with books. Reading their titles, he couldn't help but ask in a curious voice, "So are these your favorite books?" Not wanting to be rude and just sit down on Roy's bed, the platinum blond stood next to the bed and was now staring at the strange orbs floating above them. "So am I supposed to be grateful I left before classes had started?" How strange and selfish it sounded, to be grateful his parents were hospitalized and that everything that happened afterwards had turned out to be a good thing, the teen couldn't help but think to himself. Shaking away his thoughts, he said in an awkward chuckling voice, "Forget what I just said, just me rambling..." Pointing to the two crystal orb-like objects, the blue-eyed gambler asked in an intrigued voice, "What are those exactly?"

"Well, you could just not attend any classes from the Magic and Weaponry Department," the light blond haired boy said as he began to consider which classes he would be taking. "I'll be more than glad to stay in the Math and Science Department, but I'm afraid that all the classes offered aren't anything new. I don't think I'll be learning much from them." Thinking back at the paper listing all the classes he had been given by an employee at the Front Office, Ray couldn't help but add, "Wasn't there Algebra I/II? Aren't you at least suppose to learn that when you're 12 or 13? Hard to imagine attending a class filled with young kids."

Pulling out a small wooden box, he opened it and held out a few so that Roy could see them properly. "Tarot cards. I have an Occult Tarot Card Deck with the 78-card with the Major and Minor Arcana. Kept them since I was a kid and I'm glad I was able to salvage them out of the fire..." The platinum blond had begun unconsciously rambling again, unaware he had been slipping away information he wanted to keep to himself.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

___________ ___________

Roy peaked at Ray from over the top of their class catalog. The other man had been acting oddly. Sure, Ray used to ramble a lot before, but it was usually riddled with equations or references to the gravitational constant. Oh wait, there it was. Still laying on his bed, Roy made a face at the mention of Algebra and shrugged. "And those are 'O-Mazing Power Orbs' that were sold in the flea market back at Spirit Fang. The black ones I have diminishes the powers of whoever touches them for a short moment." Roy was about to name the other types of orbs but his attention was diverted by what Ray was holding. Tarot cards? He never thought Ray was the type to keep such things. He was definitively going to use this precious piece of information to poke fun at Ray later, but wait, fire? Although Roy wouldn't say that he was dense, the past year had knocked some sense into him and he abruptly sat up. "Fire? What do you mean by that?"

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:45 am
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray let out a small and tired chuckle at the small play on words that had been used. "How particularly useful, I suppose. Do they only have one use?" Such an orb would do all but good against his powers of manipulating probabilities. If ever he were to touch them, who knows the percent at which his powers would be rendered ineffective? Gambling with the potential of his powers was no light task, the platinum blond always made sure to use them only when deemed necessary, else he'd also have the weight of his consequences on his shoulders. Although in the past year, he had been using his powers at a higher frequency than ever before, which had somewhat helped the teen keep some control over his weakness. His hands had been shuffling around with his occult tarot cards, when they stopped over familiar drawings. The Wheel of Fortune. An unconscious smile tugged at his lips as his pale blue eyes stared at the card. Out of all the cards in the Major Arcana, it had always been one of his favorites. Perhaps pulling out this card now of all times held much significance. Ray had strongly believed to have thrown away such unscientific and inaccurate methods of foreshadowing future events years ago when he was but a young teen. However, it still seemed as though part of it lingered in his heart.

At the abrupt sight of Roy getting up from his bed, the light blond haired teen looked up as well with a half startled look as his train of thoughts had been broken. "What? Did I say that? Well, yes. I suppose if I accidentally let that slip then yes, there was a fire in the building in which contains both the tavern my parents owned as well as the living quarters of my family on the second floor," he rambled on in a semi-hesitant voice, unsure how much information he should reveal so that Roy would be satisfied enough to stop asking about such touchy matters. Searching in his familiar leather messenger bag that he would always bring with him, the platinum blond took out a small bottle filled with a liquid. It was the bottle of medication they had taken from a girl back in their previous Academy. "Do you remember what this is? I didn't have time to properly empty my bag of its contents when I left last year and I suppose this must be long expired and no longer able to sell for any price whatsoever... " Ray said as he tried to change the subject of conversation.

Somehow, just by being able to speak with Roy again, the gambling teen no longer felt the desire to catch up on some much needed sleep. Instead, the light blond haired boy wanted to see the rest of the large Academy, rather staying cooped up in their dorm. "Would you like to take a tour of the Academy? Or have a look at the current classes? I suppose we'll have to attend them eventually..."

User Image

◇ Catian Dorms

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces