25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Gold Frame modified with Blitz Gundam parts
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

the Dark Lord of the Sith

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:37 pm
Is Gundam Lost War Chronicles and Gundam Ecole du Ciel any good? whats the basic plot for both of them?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:28 pm
Haruhiko Mikimoto really puts a differentish spin on gundam in Ecole du Ciel.
He did a lot of work on character design in a number of series, including pretty much every Macross animated production out there, and green divers, among other works.

Anyways, the manga itself is about an EF MS academy in canadia(hence the french title), where a former Zeon NT research subject is enrolled as a student.

It's really hard to say more without giving major spoilers.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/ecoleduciel/
Take a gander at some of the mecha designs though, the headless, robustified GM trainer is somewhat interesting.

I really think it's worth a look, if my opinion is worth anything.  

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

Char350

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:55 pm
I really enjoy Ecole du Ciel. On the surface, it seems like "Gundam Shoujo," and I guess to a point it is, but it's got a really well-thought out plot and if you keep up with the current chapters in Japan, you'd see that even non-shoujo fans would be into the story.

Lost War Chronicles is based on the game, and is similar to the 08th MS Team: it's a story about old-type grunts on Earth. I think this story is more down-to-earth than 08th Team was (considering the 2nd half of 08th Team took a different direction).

Another manga similar to Lost War Chronicles is "Mobile Suit Gundam: From the Place Beyond the Blaze." It follows the Pegasus-class ship Thoroughbred in space with pilots who pilot the RX-78-4 and RX-78-5 (the ones you see in the Master Grade models). I hope this one gets released in English too ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:39 pm
Ecole du Ciel is pretty good and Lost War Chronicles seems pretti good.  

Hirosashi

Sea Salt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:41 pm
Hirosashi

I recommend Hathaway's Flash personally. Though, I have no clue if it has been released in English.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:05 pm
Sea Salt
Hirosashi

I recommend Hathaway's Flash personally. Though, I have no clue if it has been released in English.

... Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway's Flash is a novel trilogy only, if I remember correctly, not a manga.

Quote:
Is Gundam Lost War Chronicles and Gundam Ecole du Ciel any good? whats the basic plot for both of them?

Mobile Suit Gundam Lost War Chronicles follows the adventures of a team of Earth Federation test pilots and a Mobile Suit team in the Principality of Zeon's Foreign Legion. It's not bad, though it is rather rushed.

Mobile Suit Gundam Ecole du Ciel begins in Universal Century 0085, at a pilot academy near Montreal, Canada. The story follows a fifteen year old girl named Asuna Elmarit from Side 3 as she reluctantly trains to become a Mobile Suit pilot. However, we soon learn that there is more to Asuna and this school than meets the eye, as we get caught in a web of deceit, lies, politics, radicalism, and personal ambition. It's simply amazing (I'd love nothing more than for it to be animated), and I highly suggest that everyone pick up the three volumes that are available here in North America as soon as possible.*

* And yes, I'm not happy that they were put out by TOKYOPOP--and their original translator did do a pretty scruffy job on the first two volumes (though the third is much better)--but I'd rather see you pick it up than miss out. wink  

NowhereManXP

Hawk_of_Endymion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:02 pm
i love em' both but i only have the first volume of each gonk crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:41 am
I have two volumes of Ecole Du Ciel. They claim it's good for anyone lacking Gundam knowledge, but they kinda lie. They go into talk about NewTypes, Flanagan and suchlike with no real explanation. You DO need prior knowledge of UC for the books to be understandable...  

Ophiuchus
Captain

GundamCowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:11 pm
idk i read lost war chronicles, it was really good, but really really short, like only 2 volimes  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:29 pm
mm, I might pick up Eco in Japanese, for the art work...
but right now, I don't want to commit to another manga series...
I might go read it at a manga cafe in Japan...
(which honestly, America should have...)  

Vivio1412

Gundam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff