Phobos stood on the hillock, his eyes scanning the countryside. His blood boiled, though his face remained calm. War had come to Airgialla, and it had come swiftly. Villages burned across the landscape, the sky gray-black with smoke and soot. “What a terrible fate to befall such a beautiful land…those responsible must pay for their injustice.” With a flick of his tail, Phobos summoned a page to his side. The young foal bowed slightly in deference, and Phobos turned to him. “Boy, please take a message back to the Commander Jace of the Equus Bellicus. Tell him they have come…tell him war is upon us.” The page inclined his head and quickly rushing away toward the palace of the Equinae, in the town of Lanshire. Phobos’ gaze returned to the war-torn landscape. What had happened here? What could have caused anyone to think the Equinae were interested in war or conflict? Whoever had caused this sea of violence to sweep over the land, they would be sorely mistaken to think they would get away with it.

User Image

He turned, taking his company of equine soldiers and traveling swiftly to Lanshire. Upon entering the palace, Jace found him, his mane bristling with rage. "What do you mean, fires have been set across the countryside?! There were express orders that Airgialla was not to be involved in the war between Velonia and Tryscellus!" His eyes were alight with anger and sadness. Phobos mimicked his concerns. "I know, Commander...I'm not sure what brought the kingdoms against us, unless there is someone attempting to instigate a coup of some sort...it is disheartening. I am sure we will do what we can to take care of everything. For now, we need to figure out the best way to take care of our people." Jace nodded and they both set off toward the war council room, much planning lay in store.