View Results

Scorpio Devon Koenig

Ghostly Investigator

23,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 am
Everything has come down on my family at once. My Grandma Susie (Mom's mother) was recovering in a nursing home after surgery on her right hip. She fell getting out of bed last night and broke her LEFT hip and left wrist. So she's back in the hospital to replace the left hip completely and stabilize the broken wrist. Meanwhile, my Grandpa Gene is home alone barely mobile and without someone to lay out his pills or anything. And THEN my Grandma Wilson (Dad's mom) is in worse shape than Gene and living at home alone with only her neighbor (bless that man) to take care of her and visit with her. My mom has been pulling double duty taking care of both sets of grandparents, which is wearing her out. They should all be in assisted living or a nursing home; they can't be on their own anymore. It just isn't feasible.

Then there's my household. My landlord dropped a bomb on us yesterday that we have to leave by the end of the month because his in-laws are moving in from China for the sake of his father's health. So my roommate and I have to move out, BUT my roommate has been working MINIMAL hours and hasn't been actively looking for a better job. My parents made sure I know that if I need to move back, I always have a place, but my roommate isn't welcome as long as she's only working minimal hours. And by minimal, I mean like 8 a week. I work 30 a week as an assistant manager. So if I move in with my parents and my roommate doesn't have a job, she has to move back to HER parents two hours away, effectively severing her employment as it is now (she's one of three employees where I work; that means me, her, and the manager). My hope was that my roommate would get a fulltime job and we would move in with two other friends when their lease expires in October, but this "eviction" (I don't know what else to call it) skews everything.

I don't know what to do. I absolutely don't know what to do....  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:18 am
Scorpio Devon Koenig

Oh wow hon! D: I had no idea >.< I completely understand the boat your mother is in. Trying to take care of others and ignoring one's health isn't healthy. If your mother isn't careful she could make herself sick and end up in the hospital D: Remind her that this is a marathon not a sprint.

Trying to take care of family members turns into a full time job. Which can take over any job you may have presently. Friendly reminder sweetie. :3

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma Susie x.x I hope she recovers from surgery and takes her time with physical therapy to help her get back on her feet. It will take (6-8 weeks) if not several months for her to feel good about getting back on her feet and not fearing a fall. She will need encouragement and support along the way. Lots of TLC heart

I would say laying out pills for your grandfather would be an easy task. Having a medicine box that reminds him of what time he needs to take his pills could be a useful and helpful tool. Walmart as well as many pharmacies have this device. What you or someone would have to look at is what prescriptions he takes, how much of it, when he's supposed to take them, etc. Sort them and place them in the time slots to help out with that. Which takes time but not a lot. Something he would appreciate.

Your grandmother Wilson I'm sure is pleased with the fact she has someone to help her. Especially a neighbor. Most people in this day and age won't assist the elderly, let alone their neighbors. I would say the neighbor is definitely a blessing in disguise during these trying times.

You are probably right about your grandparents needing to be in assisted care or 24 hour nursing facility. Do they have medicaid? Medicare? I tell you, learning about the differences between the two will help you now more than you realize and prepare yourself for when your parents get older as well as yourself.

burning_eyes That landlord you have is a real piece of work! Maybe it's a good thing to move out for the time being and move back in with your parents. If your roommate will step up to the plate and take on full time hours verses an as needed basis, as in working only an 8 hour day? That's not working! She's not even considered part time! Is she going to school and trying to work?

In my opinion?
I'd say you need a break away from the landlord! Get away from him and his ungodly rules ... what rules he constantly changes the rules! Good riddance with the likes of him! Get out and move back in with your parents until you can figure out a way to split the cost of a place with friends. Sometimes moving back home for a short amount of time is what you need. To get all your ducks in a row.

As for everything else? Try to help family out when you can. They don't expect you to move mountains. No one can. It's impossible. Don't try to do the impossible it will hurt you badly if you try. Just take one day at a time, stressing yourself out over everything that is going on isn't going to help your health or the situation. Is it? If you're not careful, Devon, you could work yourself into a tizzy and end up in the hospital too. You don't want that. I don't want to hear that you end up in the hospital. It's not fun, and I know you understand what I mean about that. You have my number if you need to talk you know? I'm here for you, Devon. emotion_bigheart I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers xoxoxo

emotion_hug heart *gives great big hugs* heart emotion_hug

Jean A Grey

Noble Ally

7,875 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Flatterer 200
OOC

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers