Welcome to Gaia! ::

U T O P I A Guild

Back to Guilds

Send a guild invite to us and receive important updates about UTOPIA! 

Tags: Utopia, Utopian, Plexi, Charity, Giveaways 

Reply U T O P I A
Icarus 2.0 Shrine - A Tribute to Darren Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UTOPlAN
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

STAFF OF UTOPIA
Most who knew Darren (Icarus 2.0/ some knew him as Kaeri)
would say that he's a friendly, kind-hearted and intelligent
young man. Darren never cared for pixels, if Darren is
your friend consider him one that is true and sincere.
When someone comes into his charity, he always greets
them warmly and has a conversation with them. He doesn't
discriminate based on pixels. Darren was a Utopian, in every
way. He never said a mean thing to anyone, and everyone
loved and cared for him. When he found out that a friend of his
was unfairly banned,he started a charity as a tribute to her.

He didn't share much about his health with his friends,
perhaps because he didn't want everyone to worry about him.
We're all terribly sad you aren't here with us anymore Darren,
and we all miss you a lot; and this is our tribute to you. We're
keeping the promise, and we're continuing the legacy of "paying
it forward
". Remember that you'll always be in our hearts.

ARTS FOR DARREN

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Art Credits: [1] Plexi | [2] Nae | [3] Spooky Boo [4] Commission made by: [Crim]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Art Credits: [5] Chibi Hiei! At the Disco | [6] JabberWocky | [7] mute-gibberish [8]Lord Aura Solidicity

Art Credits: [9] Sutebe

POEMS made for Darren:

User Image
blackouthart
The Stars

He went off on his own silver wings,
Ready to fly and twirl into the sky.
Destined to do greater things,
He soars now, through the clouds, fly!

He watches over you, so don't cry.
Sitting on the golden shining stars,
In the vast, midnight blue sky.
No longer on the ground, driving cars.

He was wise, gentle and sweet,
And helped you through your plans.
One day you might again meet.
Now he shall travel, through many lands.

It's okay when it's him in the clear night,
Sitting amongst the stars and the brave,
Beaming at you with the brightest light.
Tears like crystals drop as you wave.

User Image
Alectore
"You are the Rose"

The rose of love is red as fire.
It's petals burn with great desire.
Its leaves are of the darkest green.
Once they have fallen, no longer clean.
How we wish Darren you could stay...
Come again I do pray.
I give this rose from me to you.
To show your love is pure and true.
The rose of love is you alone.
So go on love, go on home.

~Kayla *Alectore*

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:01 pm
TRIBUTE FROM DARREN'S FRIENDS:

User Image
plexi_lexi
I managed to know him(Darren) in a personal level (even if its just virtually). For a young adult, his wisdom and persona is beyond his years, I consider myself lucky to cross pathed with someone like him. It hurts me to know that I wasn't around much to talk to him during his last few weeks. He was one of the first few people I talked to about my real life charity work. I have so many plans to have him participate and even assign him to be a content writer for articles I plan to make. It hurts me to know he wont be around to participate and witness the projects he help me planned.

I will never forget you Icarus, you are a genuine person and a true friend. You are one of those rare individuals who gave me support for nothing in exchange besides the joy of helping a friend. It makes me sad I cant give you a tribute equally as remarkable as the one you`ve given me. But I promise to do my best for everyone to remember you, your good deeds, talents and your amazing personality.

Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.

My prayers are always with your family, friends, loved ones and of course you (wherever you are). And if there is a heaven (and if I was given a ticket to enter) expect a little tap on your left shoulder coming from me soon.

Yours sincerely,
Lexi
(your virtual big sister)

User Image
Naeyru

"Icarus is truly one of the greatest friends I've had on gaia... and in my life I suppose. He was kind and generous and he made friends for the sake of being their friends... nothing more. He is wise and inspiring to me... I've never met anyone I could connect with in so many ways. He supported me in everything and it cheers me up every time I talked to him. I'm glad I got to know him at a personal level, even though it was only for a rather short while. There is truly nothing negative about him... he was kind to everyone he met. So thank you Darren, for being my friend and for everything you've ever done to help so many people. You are one of the rare individuals I've met on gaia that I've considered a true friend. You will never be forgotten and I will always miss you. If you ever do wave at us from the heavens I will definitely be waving back.

<3 Shery (also known as Naeyru)"

User Image
.[Spooky.Boo].
I can say from my own heart that Darren was an amazing person, in pixels and life. I may not of known both sides of him, but i feel a connection with him. Its like a spark, a hope, a wish, a dream. He could cheer you up when you were down and he put everyone else before himself. He was just amazing and beyond.

A true gaian, a true friend and a Hero to those who knew him.

To Darren,
You touched my heart with your kindness, and i wish you didnt have to go away. These too few valuable moments i have known you, i shall never forget. Please dont you foget, because i know i never will. I know you are thinking about us, we all are dreaming about you. How free you must be. I hope you like what i made for you.

Icky

We love you, Darren.
Spooky.

User Image
Miralyn
The Protector <3

On Christmas day we cheer with joy,
For presents and for fun.
Santa Clause will come our way,
And give us lots of love.
But on Christmas day I lost a friend,
Who made me laugh and smile.
I only found out yesterday,
I’ll be saddened for a while.
Darren was our friend and pal,
He loved to give and chat.
Hemotoma took him away from us,
Even though we want him back.
He fought a losing battle,
But at least we know he tried.
I only hold one regret,
That I didn’t say goodbye.
But now we will honor him,
And remember the life he had.
The memories of him will live on,
But we cannot be sad.
Because now he can protect us,
From the heavens up above.
So don’t mourn his death anymore.
Just send him all your love.
-- Miralyn

User Image
Kingcore Koopa
But what I'm really here for is to commemorate Darren for being such an awesome person and and above all a good friend to us all. He was like a virtual brother to me. He was loyal, loving, and a very generous person. I was there for him as he was there for me many times in the past. Words are tough to describe him but the sad part of the thing is that his life was unfortunately cute short. May you soul rest in peace my good friend and hope your looking down upon us as we're looking up in the sky for you.
Darren was loved by many and is still loved deep within all our hearts. If you can hear me man, rest assured I'll be joining you up there when my time comes. So Darren I'd take this time to tell you just how close of friends we have been and it was great knowing you. I shall never forget you <3

Love,
Nick

User Image
`P o l a r i s
I knew Icarus even before he and others opened the tribune for plexi. He was always so happy to see us all and never once to me mentioned about his problems (( Or to anybody else from what I know)) Probably for the fact that he didn't want to worry anyone.
But anyways Darren was my brother from another mother smile I love him enough to consider him my brother! He helped me with issues that run a muck in my head. I just wish that I could have somehow helped him with his.

I'm happy that I got to talk with him one last time before he went....I just wish I could have said good bye, though I was never good with good byes sad . Even writing this is hard to me. I just hope you understand that to me he was a brother and a great friend for how ever long I got to know him.
Now he is in a better place who no pain will torment him.

R.I.P Darren sad I'll miss you much and you will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. I could NEVER forget about you.

User Image
shia_the_demon
Although me and Icky were never really on at the same time, I knew he was nice. The first time I ran into him he was still the hidden avi that everyone had known to love. We talked and I soon found out he was very nice and he could even calm me down if I was mad. So, I donated to him some tickets that I had to spare because I thought he deserved it. He said thanks and that was probably one of the last times I talked to him. I may have talked to him 5 other times tops. He gave me the panda pack that I have now from the Eternal give away and I will never sell it. Because out sheduals didn't match up, the last thing I ever said to him was "Hi and bye" or something sort of like that (May have been different words). Even though he is gone, and in the words of a child much younger than I:

No one ever dies. They just get shattered into a bunch of pieces and a piece is given to each of those of know and loved him

Good bye Icky. You may be gone, but never forgotten.

User Image
Vixenly
I didn't know him very well, but of the many times I had spoken to him he always made me feel like I had known him a long time. Always very welcoming, always wanting to talk to reguardless of who you are, he always brought a smile to my face when we would chat. I was in shock when I found out, no idea what to feel, for two days straight I was very easily reminded of him.

He was truly a good soul, I and many others will miss him a great deal.

I hope wherever he is now, he is happy. <3

Found this little snippet from Eternal, I'll treasure it. crying

"Kate: <33 Always for you."

Always for you too Darren. <3

[original]

User Image
~Angelina Elven~

You lie above our space and all,
It seemed so big when you were here.
But when you're looking up from clouds,
You'll notice it's just a small town.
But your heart was big,
And your envy was small.
May good luck bring,
A better life.

His health may look bad, but his smile never broke or twitched.
R.I.P Icarus.

User Image
giglamesh
I did not now him as close as others, yet i have barn witness to his kindness, he was a young man on incomprehindible kindness. He touched many hearts as the sky itself, myself included, it was as if he drew happiness from the giving happiness to others. Being such a gentle and kind soul i dont belive he would want any to mourn, yet i belive he would want us to continue on and continue to stay happy, as i believe that would give him happiness.

User Image
Yukina_Raven
I did not get the chance to know him very well, but he was very kind to me and to know he has passed... It makes me very sad when people like him go and people who are 100% selfish live. The world is so unfair sometimes. Your signature is also beautiful. I'll make sure to wave back, indeed.

My prayers to Icarus 2.0 and his close friends and family. I'll never forget him. I'll see him in the distant future. I look forward to it.

UTOPlAN
Captain

UTOPlAN
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:12 am
DARREN RELATED LINKS:

Darren's Profiles:

Icarus 2.0

Icarus_Wing
Profile Link

Icky's Tribute Charity to Plexi_Lexi

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:41 am
Darren's message to all the individuals he helped:

PLEASE PAY IT FORWARD.

CLOSING NOTES:

If you want to add a tribute/testimonial/arts for Darren, please post it in
this thread and inform UTOPlAN about your tribute by posting a comment
in her profile.

If you are not a member of the guild but wish to contribute one please PM UTOPlAN.

UTOPlAN
Captain

U T O P I A

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas