Reply Gundam
The end of Zeta Gundam?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

J-Chan Nyan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:03 am
IT was royaly screwed up, and I don't really understand why Kamille becomes retarded. Not to mention why the shock wore of on Faa pretty fast. I wasn't a big fan of how big psychic energy started to effect Gundams but that's a different subject.

So what happened and why?  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:53 pm
Weren't you paying attention? Zeta Gundam was used as a "vessel" for the souls of dead people, hence it's invulnerabilty - When Kamille crashed into The O and impaled Scirocco, Scirocco used HIS power THROUGH the Zeta to ******** Camille up, his whole "I'll take you with me" line should have explained that. Go re-watch it.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

J-Chan Nyan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 am
He didn't even understand what was happening fully, so his whole I'll take you with me line didn't let onto anything more then he wanted to kill Kamille.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 am
neutral What do you mean he didn't know what's happening
"Somehow the enemy mobile suit is impervious to damage and has impaled me. ********. I'm dead. Still, i'll attack the pilot with the power of my mind!"

Ending in a nutshell.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

PirateEire

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:09 pm
I was upset that most of the tolerable females died (save for Haman)... I despised Fa. Actually, I kinda started to dislike Reccoa too, so I was kind of happy she died.

HOW CAN YOU HATE A BODY LIKE CHAR'S!?

Scirocco's death was awesome though...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:22 pm
There's a retcon problem with ANT, however; Haman retreats the Axis back to...Jupiter, I believe, and removes them from the earth sphere, making ZZ impossible. While Tomino hasn't made any comment about the canon weight of these events, it is safe to assume that Zeta's ending is likely that of the TV series.  

Cyrus Adler

Distinct Conversationalist

10,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:31 pm
Erden Edgewood
There's a retcon problem with ANT, however; Haman retreats the Axis back to...Jupiter, I believe, and removes them from the earth sphere, making ZZ impossible. While Tomino hasn't made any comment about the canon weight of these events, it is safe to assume that Zeta's ending is likely that of the TV series.

Indeed. We may as well consider the A New Translation movies to be in an "alternate U.C. timeline"--like the Mobile Suit Gundam novels (though not in that same line, of course), among various others.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 pm
Let's not forget ZZ was only created to recoup the less than stellar loss they saw at the end of Z.
It's possible that the renewed Z purposely makes ZZ redundant because it's the way they WANTED it in the first place...  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Shiro495

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:28 pm
If you watch the last Zeta movie the ending is changed to a happier one.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:10 am
Yokai Shiro
...Did you not read the whole thread? neutral
We did just mention that several posts ago.  

THE Jan Valentine
Crew

Red_knightm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:26 pm
Yokai Shiro
How is it happier?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:50 am
Red_knightm
Yokai Shiro
How is it happier?
Haman ******** off thus negating ZZ and Camille isn't ******** up, if I recall the synopsis...  

THE Jan Valentine
Crew

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:52 am
Ophiuchus
Let's not forget ZZ was only created to recoup the less than stellar loss they saw at the end of Z.
It's possible that the renewed Z purposely makes ZZ redundant because it's the way they WANTED it in the first place...

...they didn't have losses with Zeta. It wound up getting stellar ratings for the time - which currently place it at the highest most watched Gundam series of all time... if you don't count the 25.7% average viewership that the original Gundam series got while in reruns (Zeta snagged a 6.6 average, if you wanna know, with ZZ and Seed tying at 6.1). And, of course, model kits took off like mad - merchandising being the key factor in helping Gundam kick serious butt in becoming a multi-million dollar franchise. In fact, although we don't know the real reasons why ZZ came about, I'm quite certain ZZ was greenlit so quickly because ratings were so freaking good!
Tomino's gone on record as saying that the Zeta movies are just a happier ending, because he wanted to go back and see what a "Happy Tomino" ending would be like. So to speak. He still believes the TV series takes priority, though, as does Sunrise (Bandai, by the by, don't care. They make money anyhow).

And, really, if Sunrise or Bandai wanted to get rid of ZZ, they wouldn't have animated Unicorn. One of the characters comes right from ZZ Gundam, another coming from both ZZ and Zeta. And neither would really be in Unicorn if ZZ was somehow magically not-canonical for some reason.

And as for the "happier ending" to Zeta, Jan's got it about right. Haman decides that it's just not worth fighting over the Earth and Camille isn't randomly mindfried by Scirocco. This places the Zeta Movies into an alternate continuity, one where Tomino believes that the UC has a chance for true peace.
Maybe not a good chance, but a chance.  
Gundam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff