Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Philosophy Threads
war and human/planetary extinction, inevitabilities?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noetical

Intermediate Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:05 pm
Are war and human/planetary extinction inevitabilities due to human nature?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:24 pm
in truth, everything has an end in this world. wars and planetary abuse caused by humans only speed up the process.  

edgewalker00

Mallorys Wedgie Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:39 am
It is most certainly innevitable. If we don't cause anymore problems with global warming, there's the possibility of comets and other objects in space colliding with our planet. If that doesn't happen, the end of the world could possibly be when our sun turns into a Red Giant... of course, we could collide with Andromeda before that. I can't remember the timeline of those two. Either way about it, yes, our earth, home, and civilization will come to an end somehow...

I'll be dead by then though... hopefully! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:51 pm
I agree with edgewalker00. We alter the natural process. From this, For human activity, Is aggression an innate characteristic of human nature? Which leads to frustration then conflict which ultimately leads to war. Can anyone elaborate aggression?

There is no such thing as an everlasting importance. Why? Because there has to be an end of everything.  

Smartteaser192

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Skanky Randy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:21 am
We also seem to over look the fact that nature isn't something that worries about the long run, it simply wants the quick fix. That's part of what the evolution process was founded on. Dear nature makes thousand of experiments through subtle mutations to create he most effective model for survival, no matter the cost.  
Philosophy Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games