Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

They believe in the Alpha and the Omega,
The Beginning and the End.

α ♦ † † † † † † α ♦ ♦ α † † † † † † ♦ α

Kimberly could not for a second misplace her opportunity, but all the same the thought of Felix' insistence sent a shudder running up her spine, and she quivered slightly as she bent down to pick Miguel up while pushing the door open with her foot. "I always wondered if you were a coward Felix. Now I have my answer." She said flatly as she made her way out and back to the Duchess. However she stopped and laid him next to a safe bit of shade parted from the direct path, suspecting he would be better off not recovering in the grip of some girl.
"Come on Miguel, wake up." she said with a nudge to his shoulder, "I already have enough to explain without explaining a passed-out crewman."

Ω ♥ † † † † † † Ω ♥ ♥ Ω † † † † † † ♥ Ω

But for the End to bring about the Beginning...
What resolves is often believed impossible.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm
User Image
Miguel------------------------------------------
-------------------Porter

Beaten and broken time and time again,
I was saved by the sea.

Miguel rather started into consciousness, a curved sickle-like dagger falling short of Kimberly as the confused pirate realized who she was. It disappeared into his sheath and he flushed furiously, the sudden increase of his heartbeat causing blood to trickle down his face.

"Felix, damn, ah..." Miguel said, wiping his face off, obviously agitated into mild anger. He staggered upright and leaned against Kimberly for a moment, murmuring an apology as the world swam in his eyes. He shook his head and was able to stand on his own. He looked over Kimberly. "Felix didn't hurt you, did he?"

Now, I have fallen in love with the daughter of my savior
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

The sudden increase of heart rate caused Kimberly a mild headache, and try as she might she could not distract herself fully from it, though she concentrated on keeping the young man stable. She held a bit of worry on her face - though be it from the knife or the situation was yet to be determined by any who might see it. She extended a hand to him, concerned. "Relax, he's done much worse in times past. Try not to get too excited about it though; your heart rate is more than a little alarming. Come on, can you see well enough to manage the path?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:25 pm
User Image

I was saved by the sea.

Mr. Porter nodded and slowed his breathing, cutting a strip of fabric from what was wrapped around his hand and pressing it to his forehead, began to walk towards the ship again. "Even still, the day will come when that fiend finds a knife slipped between his ribs." Miguel said, looking to Kimberly. He shook his head, trying to let go of the anger that gripped him and instead concentrated on keeping himself upright. "I wouldn't mind doing it myself. Seeing him with Scarlett though...that is a nauseating sight."

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:21 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

Kimberly relaxed slightly and continued on, relatively silent as she went and altogether uneasy about the topic of Felix. "I have a lot of mixed feelings about the man. He gave me shelter for nearly 20 years but at the cost of, well..." she flipped down the collar on her coat and pulled it down to reveal the scars left at the front of her throat from the endless bites. "I can safely say it wasn't very lively an experience. He kept going on about the innocence. Trouble is, I couldn't very well stop him on the terms of our agreement for me to stay in the first place."
She sighed and continued walking, taking care to fold her coat back up and make it appear as though she'd never folded it down. Still she managed to smile, somehow.
"I can remember my father used to call me 'his little devil'. In fact it had kind of grown on me to the point when as he gave me this same coat I'm wearing I frowned when I didn't see 'to my little devil' on it. I never really suspected he meant it literally." She flipped the rear of the coat around slightly, as if displaying more openly the contrast of its crimson and cyan hues. "Consequently, when I came into Kal's care he began calling me his 'little angel'. Sort of ironic, really, that he picked up on it so quickly."

Order Of Chaos: Don't bother bringing up the new coloring haha.. necessary thing I swap it around. Let's just assume it was cyan-backed this whole time, since it was never brought up earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 pm
User Image

I was saved by the sea.

Miguel rubbed his neck with mild disgust and shook his head again. It was evident in his eyes that he wanted to say something more but he could not and he instead kept a level gaze on the Duchess. "I would not have stayed." Miguel said quietly after much thought. The volume of his voice was near inaudible, but it could not hide the tones of sympathy and memory in it. He shook his head soon after and sighed. "I apologize, I should not speak out about a man I have only heard rumor about and seen little of, or a situation that I know even less about." He said, glancing over to Kim before returning his gaze to the Duchess.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:03 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

"I do my best not to remember." Kimberly said, her tone as blank as could be, "Besides, mixed feelings don't necessitate there being an even match between them. I'd sooner see him dead than let him at me again. It's nothing to apologize about, believe me."
She kept on, her pace quickening slightly as she nervously began to suspect that the topic in and of itself was creating a discomfort in the man that she had honestly hoped to avoid.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:05 pm
User Image

I was saved by the sea.

Miguel turned silent and looked to his thoughts to accompany him as he boarded the Duchess and folded Adeska into his arms with soft, comforting murmurs. The girl clung to him with gentle tremors and it was a good length of time before Mr. Porter could ease the genuine terror that pervaded Adeska's soul and he went to Jack who was inside of his cabin. The Captain wearily sighed and rubbed his forehead at the conclusion and dismissed Mr. Porter, recommending for him to collect the crew.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

Kimberly made her way over to Jack and paused beside him for a moment, her eyes narrowing slightly as she considered the best way to phrase what she wanted to say. "I heard once among humanity to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, Jack..." She said, before looking him straight in the eye. "Which is Felix? The next bit of news may be taken differently depending on your opinion of him."
She took a step back from him and turned away, looking over her shoulder with a hand off at her side as if she paid the situation no direct mind. "Seems as if I was in for as much a shock as Miguel was. All I can safely say is I imagine I'll be enjoying this trip if you catch yourselves in conflicts this complex very often."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:23 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Felix in and of itself is a complicated matter." Jack murmured, peering at the two letters in front of him. He hesitated with touching his pen to his paper, his inspection of the signature on the top letter betraying that he was indeed, attempting to forge it onto the latter. He began and did not stop until the last letter, and inspected his handiwork, smiling with dim pride at the letter that now bore Henry Neirington's signature. He stood and went to a squirming lump covered with a burlap sack. He uncovered the falcon and fastened the letter to its leg, and released it off the balcony.

"I daresay that very little of our conflicts have not been complex." Jack said, returning inside and pouring two glasses of wine, the first he picked up and swirled before sipping from it. He leaned over his desk and lit the letter he had forged from on fire with a candle, soon extinguishing it with a flick of his wrist, and the ashen remains floated out to sea.

This is what I loved...And lost.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:36 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

Kimberly raised an eyebrow and stretched her arms forward such that her belt grew tight about her back for a brief moment, only barely restricting her movements. With a sigh she dropped her arms again and shrugged. "If there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask. I may be new on the Duchess, but I do know my way around a ship easily enough. If you need me I'll be..." She pondered for a moment. "Then again, where would you prefer I be? I don't want to go crossing bounds unaware."

Tessa glanced at her from the side of the bed where she'd been sitting. "You could try at the foot of the crow's nest or next to the hatch down. Most of our guests tend to gravitate there anyway. Jack?"

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:58 pm
User Image

"There should be room for you below. If you find Mr. Porter he will be able to direct you to a suitable area for you. He is a good man, but I would not be one to trust the rest on this ship quite so easily." Jack said with a light-hearted chuckle.

"Yes Tessa?" Jack asked, his gaze sliding to his wife with a smile as he moved over to her, taking another sip of his wine.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:26 am
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Kimberly nodded her appreciation and went off in search of Miguel without another word.

Tessa twitched a finger away from herself, a small shard of ice forming at its end before dissolving several seconds later. She sighed, vainly attempting to piece together the entire situation at hand.
"It seems like we have a lot on our plate already. Isobel in the body of Henry is unlikely to be one and the same as what we've already seen, we have no real guarantee that Fienna can be considered anything like a friend or ally, Illumine is still alive, heavens know what Ilyia and her friends are going through that we've been caught up in, and I can't help but question... are we really prepared for the worst case of it all falling on us at once?" She looked over to him, genuinely horrified of the possibility of that happening.

The Wisdom of the Slaughter,
forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:39 pm
User Image

Jack swirled his wine silently and took a sip of it, staring off into some unseen distance. He remained this way for a time, quietly taking in his wine before hitching his breath and abruptly replying, "Nope."

Jack sighed and moved over to his desk again. "We'll make it through, one way or another. We do still have the Courts, for what its worth, and even if Felix does accomplish a rebellion, the individual Lords and Lordess have enough ships and men to make up for the loss of Felix." He said, not without doubt in his voice.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Tessa nodded, however slowly. It appeared to her as if more than just Jack and those with the Duchess had a problem with Felix, and usually for differing reasons to boot. "Just what is it with him anyway? Seems to me everyone but the Courts hate him; why is he even allowed to breathe?"

The Wisdom of the Slaughter,
forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games