Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --

Back to Guilds

Reply "Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --
Temprything- While we wait Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:03 am
Cool. I'm still pondering this whole bit with regards to my character creation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:12 pm
Wellp, just sum up all the little bits you gave us elsewhere in the guild into a whole profile and post it and we'll work on filling in the gaps, k?  

Hlyn
Captain

Hlyn
Captain
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 am
Accepted a new join request from [Orphen]. Still watching the guild occasionally, better to contact me by PM.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 am
Hello there, all. If I'm not supposed to post here, let me know and I'll file that away for future know-how.

I'd like to say it's nice to meet you all and thanks for accepting me into the guild. It's a lot smaller than I originally thought, though I suppose that bit of surprise is my own fault for not checking around more thoroughly. Not that that would dissuade me from wanting to be a part of this, anyhow. I've been looking at the Core Rulebook for FFRPG and noting some similarities, as well as some big differences, from the world of D&D (of which I'm more familiar with). Though, I'm nothing if not adaptable and a quick learner, so I'm sure I'll pick up on things right fast with a little more reading.

Again, nice to meet you all and I hope to have a great time once everything gets started up.

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:49 am
Still working on it. My main problem is character creation, I'm kind of stuck at it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 am
Stuck on what part? I might be able to help. Character creation seems pretty straightforward, it's just knowing what Job to pick that really gets you. I know my character's going to be a Bangaa, but I can't quite decide whether I want him to be a Fighter or a Monk. I've also been contemplating a Tarutaru or Moogle Geomancer, if only to take a swing at one of the more complicated jobs.  

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:47 pm
I have an important question. What would Word of God be on having cross-job abilities? For example, for character development purposes, if I want my Monk to learn a Thief's Catch reaction ability or an Archer's Arrow Guard reaction ability. How would that be done, exactly?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:07 pm
Actually I'm not sure yet, we use to have sub-jobbing, but it brought up some balancing issues. At this point, I'm considering something entirely different on the side to grant new abilities. No real news on it yet as I haven't really come up with any solid thought to hash out yet.  

Hlyn
Captain

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:26 pm
New question! It's something my DM did for our campaign.

For the sake of simplicity, are the Job HP die taken at max value for each level up? (I.E. d12 HP die for a Monk would be +12 HP + VIT bonus per level up.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:04 pm
We could do that if everyone agrees, I've seen max values and mean scores taken depending on the setting. Taking the max value would be quite a crowd pleaser for this I'd bet.  

Hlyn
Captain

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:10 pm
Indeed it would. I was just wondering, because if that were the case, I'd need to edit Xaver's HP accordingly.

On another note, I took a look at the section about building characters above level 1 (though I had pretty much figured out the level-by-level version on my own, that supposedly makes me above the average player or something) and discovered that level 5 characters have 1500 Gil to spend, as opposed to 500, so I altered Xaver's equipment accordingly, staying within all the imposed limits and such that the rules detail. I've been contemplating giving him a couple more Advantages/Disadvantages to refine him more, but I don't know if I'd need GM approval or not to go beyond the three of each he already has.

Sidenote: I also threw Xaver into the practice battle, if Dythnix resurfaces again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm
You have my seal of approval, go for it. And since it's just us at the moment it seems, I'd say we're in a majority agreement, I'll go typify somewhere about houseruling max die values for HP and MP. ~Later though, I shouldn't be on right now ;b  

Hlyn
Captain

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:08 am
So, as a Monk, is Xaver strictly limited to the Consecutive Hit Limit Break or could he have the Special Attack set instead?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:42 pm
I also realized that I created Xaver at level 5 without even asking about what the starting level was expected to be for characters. Across the different Final Fantasies, characters have started off anywhere from level 1 to level 10 from the get-go, so I suppose that could be a sort of "range", if you will.

So what is the established starting level for newly created characters?

[Orphen]

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Hlyn
Captain
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:02 pm
Any limit break type you want, 5 as the starting level. I thought some about other class abilities and I thought about specialty items, given out by the DM/GM (Henceforth: Judge) Judge for whatever bright reason to give another class ability to a character. Basically a bonus, given for merit (as trying to price something like that would be god awful painful) or whatever goodness. And I think it will also cover advantages as well for bonuses. But they won't take up an item slot... unless I'm thinking now it's a class ability.  
"Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff