Temprything- While we wait Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hlyn
Captain
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:37 am
Characters, discussion, rolls, bread, butter, links and stuff.

For Referrence.
Core Rules @ Returner Games FFRPG  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:29 am
Browsed the Returner's Board for info, though this was interesting:
Post on "Scientific Experiments" as a race.  

Hlyn
Captain

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:17 pm
Shuriken wanted me to discuss changes with you two. His computer has a virus that's keeping him offline.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:24 am
Should snag BitDefender if he can afford it, otherwise visit the Avast website to get their home edition. Something with on-access protection so it'll pop up warnings before viruses latch on anywhere unless they come packaged with some unknown party's software, once you hit yes to that, they invite themselves in. I personally like Avast for that though as it'll catch everything before you get any farther in (as long as you keep it updated). Snag a pen drive or something for two relatively small downloads: a pre-cleaner and then the actual file itself.
If ya have a pen drive or cd to spare, these two links are to Avast's free stuff,

The Virus Cleaner from Avast:
http://www.avast.com/eng/down_cleaner.html
For initial cleaning and stuff.

The Virus software itself:
http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html  

Hlyn
Captain

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 am
That second one is cool.
I was wondering if I'd be able to make something like that....
I'll see if I can dig up anything else that's interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:18 pm
Yea, lemme know, could work up some stuff together. Was thinking about making a "dark elf" concept character off that.  

Hlyn
Captain

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 pm
Sweet.
I was gonna bring the 'Genome' race from ff9 in, or sumthin similar anyways, if it can't be that exactly.
But i'm good with character creation now, so i'd be glad to help. (Well I better be good anyways... In my boredom I made 7 characters on paper based on the old system xp )  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:52 pm
Okay, I've decided to upgrade you guys to crew status to help us with the system in the crew forum.
You guys cool with that? I'll upgrade you guys until we get things back together. Then, you guys can help us from a member's point of view. ^^

Shuriken99

Dapper Phantom

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:49 pm
Cool
I'll do anything to help out 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:34 am
I think we can mostly use that wiki for the system, we may want to snag the pdf files of the core rulebooks and host them somehow ourselves (citing the original authors of course lest they come knocking). Then we could include other things from their Optional Rule Depot and add our own Optionals too. So we're fortunate in respect to the system as it really just needs some copying and pasting with citations to be all peachy.  

Hlyn
Captain

Dythnix
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:19 am
Exactly, but we'll still have to look into 'House rules' and balance them out, if you add any that is.....
Oh and I can't find anything else very interesting on that board (Though I did find a disturbing one.... ninja ).
But i'll keep looking 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 am
My personal fav was looking into the ORD weapons of the wiki: Censorship Bar weapons!  

Hlyn
Captain

XenjinHattori
Crew

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:58 pm
Shuriken99
Okay, I've decided to upgrade you guys to crew status to help us with the system in the crew forum.
You guys cool with that? I'll upgrade you guys until we get things back together. Then, you guys can help us from a member's point of view. ^^

Shuriken, I hate to be objective but they still don't have Crew status. If you see this, can we fix it?

I've been looking around, I've read all the -basic- rules and such. If anyone can point me to what else I should be reading, post it here.

It seems complicated enough, but I tend to like the simplicity as well. And what kind of 'house' rules would we be having?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:52 am
I don't believe the crewmanship is entirely necessary and as far as any additional system additions, what's in the wiki and it's optional rules should be sufficient. Just a matter of picking which of those options we want, like crafting, airships and chocobo riding. Our own house rules would be the hashing out of how we want to do subjobs or if we want to do class-switching or even license points as well as homebrew advantages and disadvantages.

Basic rules 'll do, I suggest getting to know the creation piece, including skill uses, general character creation and the fluff stuff like advantages as well as the limit break optional rules. I'd personally also read the seven habits article on gamemastering and other gamemastering articles for their insights.  

Hlyn
Captain

Shuriken99

Dapper Phantom

4,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 am
I'm sorry. Not much sleep has ensued lately and many things are going on. I won't be on much more than a few minutes to an hour a night.
While I'm off however, I'll work on a list of things we need to do and solutions, etc.
I'm really sorry.

"Symphony of a New Era" -- Final Fantasy d20 RP guild --

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces