Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:44 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa smiled, but she did not move immediately. Instead she simply dropped onto her back and sighed.
"I'm asking for the word of an honest man. Is that so hard to give?"
She lifted her head slightly, eying him with a raised eyebrow before testing her legs again, just moving them to the side for a brief moment. She winced from the shock, but seemed better off than before at least.
"Besides, I think you owe me a straightforward answer by this point."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Honest answers?" Jack asked, turning to look at the moon. "Quite honestly you have been a strange experience for myself, stirring something that..." He looked over at her and laid down beside her. "Hasn't been awakened in a very, very long time," He said. "You say that I know love, but yet...in my heart the sea reigns. It pulls from me longing, in a very similar way to how you have created a longing within myself. There is no straightforward answers in a confused mind and heart, but I can assure you that you have pulled at the depths of my being, and rooted yourself there. In a way, I suppose that is what you would consider love," He said in finish, and studied her face for a reaction.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats:---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:00 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa giggled, kissing lightly at Jack's neck for a moment and lifting her arms over his shoulders.
"You have a way with words, Jack," she applauded him, "but you're dealing with a known mystic. I'll take your answer for what it's worth, I guess."
She looked into his eyes and dropped her forehead lightly against his own, unwavering.
"Is it alright with you if I say it a little more simply though?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:10 am
User Image

"Whatever your heart so desires," Jack said with a subtle grin, trailing fingers across Tessa's cheek, his eyes staring into hers, all hints of burgundy gone at last, replaced by a warm amber. He let his hand drop from her cheek and pulled her closer, a hand across her back. He allowed himself the luxury of feeling her heartbeat through her skin, and the blood pulsing through her veins.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:24 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"You'll get the complete truth later then I suppose."
Tessa slid her arms down at Jack's sides for a moment before again testing her mobility, and smiled sweetly at him.
"In the meantime, I have something I need to be doing. If you'd like to watch, please... I tend to do better under pressure."
She shifted her weight back, releasing him from her hold as she stood slowly, making sure she had no honest chance of falling again. Satisfied, she stepped outside and took a wary glance around before finally nodding to herself. She turned her head to face Jack once again.
"You see, the Moonkin are a ritualistic sort when it comes to the dance. As it is, I see no better time nor company to demonstrate it."
She raised her arms to each other over her head, a trail of water spiraling around her on two sides and folding into her hands, nearly a stream of the magic in itself.

For several minutes, she danced. Every movement was either complimented or supplemented by the movements of the water at her command, often trailing to a timely aftereffect to imitate the perfect grace that had been mastered by her mother and several other Moon Elven priests and priestesses. Even for a half-Elf, her grace could easily be concluded as formed through years of training and devotion, but to have the magic associated almost made it an impossible sight to behold. Seven, eight, nine minutes passed, and still she carried on, not once passing through the same movement again. Eleven, twelve minutes and finally she slowed, her hands trailing down to her waist and back as she dipped into a gracefully low bow, the waters about her fading into a beautiful mist at the dance's conclusion.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 am
User Image

Jack watched, thoroughly intrigued by the performance, and he clapped as it concluded. His eyes had sparkled as he watched the water fade into mist and he effortlessly pushed himself upright and seamlessly into a walk, until he was at Tessa's side. "More beautiful than the Naga herself," He whispered in her ear, following it with a playful brushing of the lips on her neck. He let his head fall away from her neck and he stepped away, not for discomfort, but to look over her closely, a grin on his face. "Definatly more beautiful than the Naga," He said after a moment.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:36 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa's eyes widened, and before she could finish blushing she saturated her face with moisture, providing enough cool in it to avoid her face becoming outright red from the compliment.
"T-thank you," she stuttered, "I spent a long time learning it, and a fair amount learning it straight from Lady Waeran. No better instructor than the creator of the seas themselves, I would imagine."
She walked over to the mouth of the cave, easing herself into a seat against the wall, relieved to give her legs a rest after so long a dance. She looked back to Jack with a warm smile.
"I don't think I'll ask you to dance though. Who knows, I might teach you sometime."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:41 am
User Image

"I doubt even with vampiric grace that I would be able to hold any form of dance," Jack chuckled, sitting cross legged opposite her. He took another drink and smiled before putting it away.

"Not to mention the dreaded concept of abstaining from rum long enough to become completely coordinated," He chuckled at the self directed joke. "I think I will leave the dancing to you, and merely enjoy watching,"

He tilted his head, hearing Jacklin in the distance, and went to a bag on William's back. He pulled out dried wood, scraps he had salvaged from a deceased caravan, and began a fire with flint from his coat. "That should keep them away," He said as he backed away from the fire and resumed his position in front of Tessa.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:47 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa hung her head and shook it for a moment, laughing softly. She pulled her legs beneath her and stood to walk over to Jack and sit down immediately beside him, watching the dancing flames out of the corner of her eye. She brought her hand to his shoulder, head resting sideways along his chest.
"What is it with seamen and rum, anyway? I'd think you could find something just a little less influencing to spend your time on, particularly in the night when the heat isn't such a factor."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:56 am
User Image

"Because rum is good," Jack said, looking down at Tessa with a grin. "And I doubt that any nobleman from the court, or noble-sailor, will be drinking rum on his ship," He took out his flask and drank again.

"It isn't as influencing, as you become accustomed to it really," Jack said looking up and over the flames to the sky, imagining for a moment that he was on the Scarlet Dutchess. "It is one of the last things I have left to connect with her, the Dutchess that is," He murmured, curling an arm around Tessa. "Although I must say, company has grown far better than the last 250 years I have been away from my ship," He said with a grin.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:07 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa rolled her eyes, but she gave a soft laugh and leaned her head up to kiss his jaw for a moment. If anything, she assumed the being accustomed to the rum was simply a manner of perpetual drunkenness, especially for a vampire and lack of blood to mingle with. The thought crossed her mind for a moment that she could easily confiscate it for long enough to test the theory, and again she giggled.
"Alright, I'll give you the truth then."
She leaned away, not for a moment putting herself out of reach, and she dropped her head back against the cave wall with a sigh.
"I can easily get your ship back, but you might be surprised at just how easily a crew can be attained by one such as myself, but I remember your reaction well to the thought of a one-man crew of myself. The reason to my madness? Besides that I can steer the ocean into steering the ship itself, a ship without a full crew causes far fewer distractions than one with a crew of say, fourty. It would leave me far more time with the man I love, Jack Cortez."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17 pm
User Image

"Ahh," Jack said, tilting his head back before looking at Tessa again and tracing circles with his thumb on her shoulder. He grinned and nodded, leaning closer to her again. "Then you shall rule the seas alongside me love," Jack whispered in her ear. "And we shall feel freedom," He smiled at the prospect of that and leaned back some, leaving only some distance in between him and Tessa and looking her in the eyes. "Nothing will stop us,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Freedom, you say?"
Tessa laughed again, but as she looked over to Jack's hand on her shoulder she raised a hand to his wrist and lowered the arm to her waist and leaned forward to him.
"Sounds pleasant, if a little boring. I may be free-floating so to speak but I enjoy having it contested from time to time. Something to make the blood stir every now and then, make life interesting. That, I promise you no one man can do. Still, at least you can't rightly say you own me any more than I own you, hmm?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:42 pm
User Image

Jack grinned as his hand was moved to her waist, leaning backwards ever so slightly. "Ah but of course you haven't truly lived the life of a pirate," He pulled her closer. "There is more than enough excitement love. Think of it, taking what we please, doing what we please, when we please to do it," He gaze drifted into memory, the sound of cannons, the smell of smoke. "The danger of capture is always there love, and the excitement of defiance,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa smiled, putting a finger to Jack's lips for a moment and drawing her head closer to his, looking up into his eyes.
"I have my ways of dealing with a sinking ship, I can promise you that much. It's what happens between the challenges that bores me. For instance, I've spent the last several weeks simply walking - or more recently riding - and nothing but a lone man to satisfy my time. Not that I'm sure, but I doubt you've been any less bored, and yet here we are, with neither of us in any particular need of sleep."
She removed her finger and kissed him for a moment, drawing away with a smile, but keeping herself daringly close.
"If I didn't know better, I'd say I left you wanting, no?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games