Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:30 pm
Miguel swallowed and paled slightly. Calypso beckoned him over quickly and retrieved a knife from her belt. Miguel winced as she drew the blade across his skin. She directed the dripping stream inti Jack's open mouth and let it remain there for several moments before stopping the bleeding. "Go back to my daughter. I will call you again when you are well enough to aid Jack again." Miguel nodded and stiffly stood, wrapping his arm and departing.

"Help me get him to his bed." Calypso said to Kimberly, gaze still sharp.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:37 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

They believe in the Alpha and the Omega,
The Beginning and the End.

α ♦ † † † † † † α ♦ ♦ α † † † † † † ♦ α

Kimberly hesitated for a moment, looking over to Tessa's still-bloodshot expression with a mild fear in her eyes before nodding to Calypso's command and moving to lift Jack at the legs, preferring to maintain what distance she could from blood in general for the time being. She cast a tentative glance to Tessa, who had already grudgingly moved to the cabin door and opened it. It was the best the Dhampyr could do to force a semblance of a weak smile in appreciation.

Ω ♥ † † † † † † Ω ♥ ♥ Ω † † † † † † ♥ Ω

But for the End to bring about the Beginning...
What resolves is often believed impossible.

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:48 pm
Calypso hoisted her son up and carried him to his bed, stripping his coat from him. Once she had settled Jack, she turned to Kimberly, rage in her eyes. "You dare touch my son? You dare challenge the only son of a godess? Why would you commit such a deed?"

"I wanted you to help, but you weren't here." Jack's weak, near inaudible voice sounded, but he could not open his eyes, and merely fell back unconscious. Calypso grit her teeth and looked to the ground.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:57 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

Kimberly took a healthy step back from Jack and Calypso and steadied her breath, eyes wandering to Tessa's glare more than twice before she managed the nerve to speak. "I don't know why, but he told me directly, he wanted me to try and kill him..." He looked over to Tessa, apologies rimming in tears at her eyes and burning slightly down her face, "He also asked me to tell you for him after the fact, that he loves you."

"After what you said?!" Tessa shouted, stepping forward.
Kimberly raised a hand defensively with another step back, colliding lightly with the table behind her. "I had no place saying that, and I apologize that it had to be done but what choice did I have, Tessa?" She asked, eyes widening slightly, "You think I would betray him in my right mind?"
The ensuing silence on Tessa's part granted her only a slight reprieve as she looked over to Calypso. "I didn't want to harm him, especially after all he's done for me... I still don't understand it fully; did he know you would come?"

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:07 pm
"He didn't." Calypso said simply, going to her son and sitting on the edge of the bed. She laid the back of her hand on his forehead, still finding it feverish. "He hoped. As he always does. He hoped that his mother would return to him when he needed it." She said softly, sadness increasing her already thick accent. "I am naught but a fool." She said softly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:17 pm
User Image
Kimberly Sarani

Kimberly took a delicate step forward, one reality registering with another but still leaving quite a gap in the go-between as far as she could tell. She would have taken another step but Tessa's stare halted her where she stood, and her shoulders dropped slightly.

"Kimberly..." Tessa said quietly, very obviously restrained in tone, "Step outside for now. I'll come if you're needed..."
Kimberly nodded and silently made her way out through the cabin doorway, closing it carefully behind her.
Tessa took a ginger step towards Calypso, her quiet footfall setting the tone within herself for the time being. "Who was he, Calypso?" She asked softly, "Back at the courts..."

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:25 pm
"Jack's father." Calypso said softly, smoothing back Jack's hair gently, wiping the sweat from his brow. She iced his wounds again. "I thought him dead, when I left. He was, but he was raised, needed for the Courts. It was only natural that I wanted time with him...but to become so blinded. To force my son to do this to himself..." She paused.

"His ribs are cracked, spine bruised. He is lucky his lungs heal quickly. He needs time that we do not have." Calypso said, looking at Tessa.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:30 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Tessa's hand moved to the side of her waist almost instinctively, before lifting her gaze to where her blade lay in wait. After retrieving it she looked to Calypso with a worried smile. "I may have a solution..." she said after a moment, "But I need to know what time we do have. And something to serve as a beacon, but that shouldn't be too difficult to manage. How long does he have, do you know?"
Even as she asked, her will focused through her blade, the single call reaching to its sisters - to her sisters, as they may as well have been. The thought of the full circle appealed to her, and for a moment her smile came genuinely to her face.

The Wisdom of the Slaughter,
forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:12 pm
"Time he has? I doubt death is in his cards for a very long time. He merely needs time to heal." Calypso said softly, wiping more sweat from Jack's brow. "Being a vampire, he only needs a manner of weeks, not months, but I still worry he will try to do too much too soon." She said, refreezing his neck wounds. "And a beacon?" She asked Tessa.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:17 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Tessa sighed. "He certainly is a Sister's husband," As blatant an agreement with Calypso's assessment of Jack's reckless manner as she could figure immediately, "But yes, a way to signal a certain Pegasus in the company of the Sisterhood - one of which I would trust with his recovery moreso than the rest of the world combined... excepting possibly yourself." She added with a faint shyness in her tone.
"Still, he isn't necessarily one to force down a voice of reason; I could find a way to keep him inactive if I have to..." a thought occurred to her and forced a nervous giggle from her. "Do you have any rope lying around, by chance?"

forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:21 pm
"Rope?" Calypso asked, not understanding as she looked at Tessa blankly. Something clicked in her head and she chuckled, shaking her head gently. She stood, casting a rather amused glance at Tessa before she headed out of the cabin. Outside, she raised a hand to the sky and two ropes of water twined around the main mast. They sparkled, a shining beacon that did not impede the movement of the sails. She returned inside and indicated it to Tessa. "Done." She said quietly.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:25 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Tessa had seated herself beside Jack, running a hand gently along his shoulder in a loving fashion as she watched briefly the spectacle outside, admiring its craftmanship. "Not quite what I had in mind, but then again I'm pleasantly surprised." She said with a smile. Her blade hummed faintly at the bedside and she reached a hand to the crosspiece. It wasn't long at all before a slight frown came over her face.
"Give it an hour, maybe two... and I can't honestly say I feel too great about either this situation or the one immediately prior.... Would you do me the favor of extending my apologies to Kimberly? I'm not too certain I can muster enough nerve to speak with her quite yet."

forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm
Calypso chuckled, the noise itself holding some measure of darkness in it. "And I should be the one talking to her?" She asked, shaking her head and going to Jack's desk, looking over the papers scattered there with disconnected interest. "I think she'd soon rather be chased by hellhounds." She murmured. Her hand went to the hollow at her neck as her thoughts drifted to Jack's father and she sighed, going out to the balcony. Her gaze wandered over the seas, conflict in her gaze.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:54 pm
User Image
Tessa Cortez

The fear of the many,
the price of the truth.

Tessa sighed, realizing that in truth Calypso was right. However there was a simple manner that allowed her some reprieve. "She also seemed regretful despite her defensive approach, if you think about it. Plus she threatened your son, not your husband. I'm in no place to judge for having children but..." she sighed, giving up on the matter. "I just feel bad about the whole thing. I wouldn't dare leave Jack here alone, but at the same time what can I do for him? Not a whole lot in the end..."
She sighed and shook her head slowly, pausing for a moment as there sounded a light knocking on the cabin door.
"If I can come in..." Kimberly's voice sounded faintly through the doorway.

forever drowning...

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 pm
Calypso called for Kimberly to enter before she withdrew into the cabin herself and sat at Jack's desk, playing with the wine bottle by making the liquid rise up in a spiraling motion, and then slide back down. She concentrated her attention on this, and her emotion. She would try for Jack to understand Kimberly, and would attempt at patience.  
Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games