Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Tessa Cortez

Wisdom;
Understanding to match the water's calm.

_,.---*'*---.,_,.------.,_,.---*'*---.,_

A brief golden flash of light burst in the midst of the captain's cabin, but it faded just as quickly, leaving Tessa fallen on her knees, either bruised or bleeding in many places. She looked up weakly, her face betraying a measure of surprise at where she had wound up - or perhaps also that her comrades had not appeared as well. She struggled to her feet and managed to force her way to the doorway but altogether fell against the wall and crashed onto the floor again, visibly shaking.
"Damn it..." she whispered, "Jack, where are you...?"

User Image
Slaughter;
The Sisterhood.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:51 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Upon hearing Tessa, Jack was both relieved and concerned. He turned and just as quickly as spotting her, dropped his cane and hurried towards her, coat flapping behind him like a cape. He fell to his knees before her and took her hand, pain betrayed clearly in his eyes at her condition. His warm gold eyes turned a dark burgundy, darker than the richest red wine.

"What happened?" He asked, eyes wandering over her angrily, with a touch of healthy, loving, lust. Calypso hurried to them, and Adeska lingered nearby, ready to run for help. Jack looked up at them wide-eyed then back to his wife, smiling faintly in a pained way as he kissed her quickly, resisting the temptation of more.

"Bring her wine Adeska, and bring Miguel as well." Calypso ordered and her daughter nodded and ran out of the cabin. A few minutes later, both requested items and persons were present, and Adeska handed her mother the goblet, her wide eyes looking at Tessa. Soon enough, Miguel's hand was slit and a stream of blood joined the wine, darkening it.

"Drink." Calypso commanded Tessa, holding the goblet for her. "Your vampiric side needs blood." Jack looked at Calypso before back at Tessa, tightening his grip on her hand.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:03 pm
Tessa Cortez

Wisdom;
Understanding to match the water's calm.

Tessa hesitated for a moment, making a vain attempt to dismiss everyone's worries before surrendering to her very real need for blood, and drank from the bloodied wine goblet as such. She seemed to relax slightly, although she was still clearly injured. "We weren't the only ones." she said at last. "The elemental blades weren't limited to the natural elements. There were four more..."

Another, less sudden display of golden light appeared off to the side, through which Illumine appeared quite docile. "I did everything I could to save them, but I doubt she will be in much position to tell what's happened for a day or so." she said, her eyes low. "I don't expect you to believe me Jack, but ever since you dispatched Neszarine I've been indebted to you despite everything. I know I said I wouldn't return, but in spite of my promise had I not intervened this young woman here would be dead by now. All I ask is you listen."

User Image
Slaughter;
The Sisterhood.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 pm
User Image

"Then speak." Jack said simply, kissing Tessa's knuckles gently, lips roaming to the cuts on the backs of her hand, eyes watching hers gently before Calypso hit his leg, earning her a glare and a wince from his.

"You'll hurt her." She whispered and his gaze dropped before rising to Illumine.

"Speak. I want to know why my wife was kept from me." Jack said, rising, his hand searching for the knocked away cane before remembering he had cast it away. He assumed a stance that put more weight on his uninjured leg.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:20 pm
Illumine Kerael

Goddess
though I may be, I am fallen.

"If you could stop casting judgement where it need not be I might be able to speak." Illumine said firmly, staring hard into Jack's eyes with a firm resolution in her face. "How you ever came to the conclusion she was kept from you I will never know, but your ingratitude for me saving her life begs to wonder if you care for her at all."
She turned to leave, already throwing a hand across the space in front of her and moving to the sudden surge of light that would normally have dismissed her, before Tessa managed to speak again.

"Illumine..." she said weakly, her voice alone giving the goddess pause. "Who was he? The man you showed so much hatred for...?"
Illumine held still for several seconds, before closing her open hand and sealing away her rift. She turned around to Tessa, before setting her eyes to Jack again. "Allow me one question, Jack Cortez. Why after having saved your life more times than I endangered it do you still hate me so irrationally?"

User Image
Doomed
for eternity, to walk in light of my own failure.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:30 pm
User Image

"Hate? I do not hate you." Jack said, pacing around the cabin. "Perhaps if you would stop accusing me of not caring for my wife, then perhaps I might be able to agree with you more." He said sharply, abruptly stopping, his eyes cold. "I told you to speak. Now please," He exaggerated please as if to note good behavior, "speak." He said simply.

Calypso patted Tessa's shoulder gently with sympathy and concern, as she shot a warning glance towards Jack. Miguel shifted uneasily, and Adeska's hand moved to his, which was hovering over his pistol.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:44 pm
Illumine Kerael

Goddess

Illumine stared on for a few seconds longer before looking back to Tessa, whereupon a faint blue flow of energy ran over her frame and she stared at it in curious amazement. She sighed, turning her eyes back to Jack. "Neszarine may have been the root cause for all of these troubles, but there are others who have taken into the same war in spite of her defeat. I very nearly would have been among them, had a peculiar young Hellspawn not-so-nearly killed me as well. As it so happens, that left the Sisterhood in an elemental paradox since by all accounts I should have been dead by now, but -" she raised a hand almost as if to fend off any move to force her statement into amendment, "thankfully for each of them I am not. Among their opposition in this particular scheme is my own nemesis, Kesaide Lahares. The other three with him I can't identify so easily, but each were individually quite potent in both mundane and elemental prowess."
She lowered her arm hesitantly, still keeping her gaze cold and alert. "All I know in any certainty is that the Sisterhood of Slaughter is scattered but alive, and that each is followed by a carrier of either supernal or divine element. Unfortunately specifically for Tessa... if the most recent struggle is any indication, hers carries Lhyera, the blade of Spirit, which I doubt has done her undead state of being any good whatsoever. I know nothing more about her follower."

User Image
Doomed

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:55 am
User Image

Jack mulled over what Illumine was saying, looking into the depths of his poured wine as he did so. He was contemplative, but not without caution. Without taking a single sip, to this Calypso was slightly put to unrest, Jack set down his wine glass and reverted all of his attention to Illumine.

"And what does this mean for Tessa?" He asked, lines of worry appearing on his face, greatly aging him and casting shadows on his face. He leaned on the table, stretching out one of his legs, and looked over to Tessa for a moment. "How in danger is she?" He asked, returning his gaze to Illumine. Already the grips of self anger were beginning to tighten, he should have forseen the complications of turning his wife far sooner than acting upon his urges.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:04 am
Illumine Kerael

Goddess

"She will live," Illumine said solemnly, before looking out through one of the windows. "That much I can be certain of. She may be bedridden for a day or two at worst, but I am confident she will survive, given what little knowledge of undeath I have. Besides, I highly doubt the late Waeran Seriel would allow her to die so easily. I should be going though..."
She turned back to Jack and the others, for the first time noticing Porter's hand on his firearm. She appeared to pay it no mind. "Is there anything else you would ask before I leave?"

User Image
Doomed

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:42 pm
User Image

Jack caught Mr. Porter's eye and the man's hand dropped as the pirate thought quietly. His silence seemed to be loud, cloaking his warring thoughts. The wood of the ship creaked as it normally did, slightly calming his thoughts. After suddenly coming into conscious action, Jack cleared his throat and reoriented himself in reality. He turned to Illumine, his eyes unreadable, even with the small smoldering burgundy tone.

"I want to know if you could ever find it within yourself to forgive me." He said, his voice not without emotion, but in a low tone muddled with many accompanying emotions. "Our past is not a pretty one, it is not glamoured by easy times. I do not wish for your opinion of me to be what you have seen. I, counterwise, do not wish to pretend that I can hate you through what I have seen of you. Yes, it is hardly time for wounds to close, and wounds bleed still." He said, trailing off, glancing at Tessa with a tenderness that had been devoid of his eyes since Tessa had left.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:19 am
Illumine Kerael

Goddess

Illumine seemed quite caught off guard by Jack's request, but all the same she made no movement. She nodded after several long seconds, and smiled for the first time in ages. "The way I see it, we've reached a point of understanding. All I've asked for some time was for your forgiveness, and while I find it hard to believe you've done much at all to wrong me, I am not normally unforgiving. However, as a goddess of a race so devoted to faith, I imagine it would do you well to hear this. Things will merit the better so long as you keep persistent in good faith that it will bring something about for the benefit of the whole."
She turned to the doorway of the cabin and made her way to it, opening a shining gold portal through which ruins of a clearly old yet magnificent society could vaguely be seen. She paused again, turning to Jack. "I propose an exchange. There is something I would like you to see and understand the depth of, before I forgive you. Is that fair for you?"

User Image
Doomed

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm
User Image

Jack hesitated. He peered at Illumine's portal with interest, but was not fond of the idea of leaving Tessa. He listened to the ship again, and Calypso sighed, looking sharply at him. "We can take care of the ship, and your wife." She said, and he nodded.

"Of course." He said quietly, however he did make his way around to Tessa and laid his hand on hers, crouching down. His eyes searched her face gently, before he caressed it with his thumb and brushed his lips against hers. "Stay breathing, I shan't be long." He whispered in her ear before kissing her cheek and standing. Retrieving his cane, he worked his way back over to Illumine, cursing his still slightly unhealed leg.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:02 pm
Illumine Kerael

Goddess

Illumine stepped through the odd gateway into a mass of gold-skinned individuals and a grand city not unlike the ruins seen through the gateway itself, but intact and glorious as could be. She paused a moment, a sad smile coming to her face as she looked about briefly, spotting a lone black entity atop a roof across the street. Illumine stepped forward and turned around, to which all activity throughout the area ceased. "At all times I saw the events of my creation, Divinus. I've always believed that when faith calls one into action, it will bring about benevolent results. For the second time now, I am proven wrong - but this is the first."
She turned to indicate the black-skinned girl on the roof, and slowly the activities of the others continued but the girl simply kept watching with an ever-playful smirk. "There are always going to be those whose mysteries will escape me, and here is one such example." she explained, "Even after all my years after this very event, I still know so little about her. What I do know however..."
The lone figure hopped down from the roof, outright fading into the street floor as she continued through the city itself, straight downward. The startled looks of those who had witnessed it turned to sheer terror as a massive black-and-indigo eruption burst through everything in sight. The entirety of the people about could be seen - but not heard - shrieking in quite sudden agony, the eruption tearing through them all and crushing several buildings from within and below. As each of the people fell, a translucent blue image of them remained behind for a moment, still looking onto the carnage in sheer horror before fading, one by one. In the distance, a single silver-skinned boy could be seen collapsed but still breathing, as though holding onto dear life. Illumine indicated him a moment later. "The man right there is another. One of his kind could never have survived an onslaught such as this, and yet by some power I cannot quite name, he and exactly one other survived."
The image continued, gradually falling apart into the empty ruins that had been seen through the gateway. "How I continue in what I do sometimes even now, is beyond me Jack. But I digress, I have shown you quite more than I should have. It's probably in your own interests you return anyway."

User Image
Doomed

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:11 pm
User Image

"And yet you dared to show me it at all." Jack mused allowed, observing Illumine quietly, no emotion or reaction displayed on his smooth face. "It is not easy, seeing your life ripped from you in an instant. Perhaps we are not so different as we have previously assumed." The pirate said, gesturing around. His own life was not perhaps as spectacular as this goddess', but it boiled down to the same result.

"But you are right. I should be heading back before anyone frets too much." He said, looking around with slight confusion. He tarried for a moment longer, looking awkwardly at Illumine before he stepped back through the portal, steadying himself against the table as he slumped unceremoniously into his chair, wine glass already in hand.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 pm
Kimberly Sarani

Of all
I could have been, of all I could be.

"You are forgiven, then..."

Kimberly slid back a step once Jack had stumbled through, her obvious concern plainly stamped on her face. "I've seen her before..." she said faintly, staring at the gateway vision, "the girl from the rooftop. I haven't heard much but the one time I did see her didn't exactly make much sense. Can say this though; I've never seen as much darkness in so little time in my life."
She looked over to Jack, then to Tessa but shook her head slightly as she looked out through the cabin door. "Jack, I can't help but wonder. It must be a pretty small world for people to keep running into each other from others' pasts. Why is it they always seem to be the ones causing all the pain?"

User Image
Only
the true shadow becomes me.

Order Of Chaos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items