Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:56 pm
User Image
---=---Lady Illumine Kerael---=---

You walk in the light.
You see in the shadows,
the world of corruption.
'Tis only a dream.
It will all end.
This nightmare will be over,
And I alone will remain victorious.

Illumine laughed, "So be it, then."
She leaped back and swung her blade wide, the light of the weapon reforming into a traversing arc forward of her swing. The dagger's material figure remained in place in the goddess' hand.

Tessa threw her arm across herself in a shielding manner, welling a large mass of ice to absorb the coming strike, but not only was it shattered, but seemed to have no potency in comparison to the still-coming strike. Within the blink though, she brought Seriel to parry, to the loud metallic ringing of the blade's clash.
Even through this, the Half-Elf found herself hurled back onto her back, quite defeated. Seriel dropped where she had been standing beside Jack.

Illumine merely indicated the fallen blade with her dagger, already regaining the length of light that had been expelled.
"Your move, then."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:11 pm
]User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"No one kills Jack except for me," A female voice rang out behind Illumine. Jack peered around her and sighed in disbelief.

"How...you..?"Jack stuttered out as he stared at one Scarlett. Scarlett had her pistol outstretched towards Illumine and it was cocked back.

"Yes Jack, I am on the ship," She said in a rather bored tone. "Now, you can leave now," She said to Illumine. Jack glared at her for a moment before grabbing Mr. Porter's pistol from the man's waist and pointing it at Illumine also.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats:---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:35 pm
User Image

You walk in the light.
You see in the shadows,
the world of corruption.
'Tis only a dream.
It will all end.

Illumine smiled, lowering her blade at her side for a long moment before looking to the blade at Jack's feet. She indicated it once again, lifting her eyes to him expectantly.
"I am not leaving without that blade, unless you think your petty firearms are going to kill me. At which point I will not be leaving without that blade or if you can somehow manage to force me to withdraw. Now, why don't you be a kind young man and stop all this pointless idiocy?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 pm
User Image

"No!" Jack said, kicking the sword up into his grip, not letting his pistol's aim waver. He clutched the sword to his chest and gave a protective leer towards Illumine. "What if I want it? Once I want something I don't let it go,"

"You lost the Duchess," Scarlett called and Jack pointed the pistol at her briefly, before sighing and returning his gaze to Illumine.

"Why I ever agreed to ever letting you on this ship..." Jack growled.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:52 pm
User Image

You walk in the light.
You see in the shadows,
the world of corruption.
'Tis only a dream.
It will all end.

Illumine closed her eyes for a moment as she shook her head in dismay.
"I even try to let you go with your lives, and you still oppose me at every turn. Very well then, but I do have something to my advantage."
Again she stepped, reappearing beside Tessa with the katana drawn over the girl's throat. Small crimson discolorations could be seen through the blade as it cut into her throat a small ways.
"How long do you think she'll last? You cannot pretend to bluff me out of this; your lover is going to be the first to die here."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm
]User Image

Scarlett laughed and pulled her trigger, Jack following a second later with a grimace. Jack tucked Seriel into his coat before drawing his cutlass, watching as Scarlett ascended into the rigging. She was busy with her pistol and reloading it, while Jack leaned forward ever so slightly to sprint towards Tessa at the first second he could.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:28 pm
User Image

You walk in the light.
You see in the shadows,
the world of corruption.
'Tis only a dream.
It will all end.

Illumine stumbled back several small steps from the force and impact of the flying bullets, and while she held her blade across and in front of herself defensively, she closed her eyes. A chromatic sphere appeared about her, translucent in appearance as she opened her eyes once again. Her smile twisted into a slight frown at Jack as her blade died down to the dagger once more.
"Alright then. Since you are so insistent to label yourself my enemy, you too will be as such. I tried multiple times to keep you uninvolved, and you cannot blame me for what happens... Until then, tread lightly. You will all fade to the winds in the end."
She turned, and with a single step, a massive ray of white light shot into the skies, taking Illumine with it.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:39 pm
User Image

"Tessa!" Jack shouted, moving forwards and taking her in his arms, scowling at Scarlett's noise of disgust. "Are you injured?" He asked, looking her over, eyes and breath hitching at the sight of her neck.

"Please do tell me you could smell at least that," Scarlett said, hanging upside down from the lower rigging. Jack closed his eyes and muttered an oath to shoot her some day.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:44 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa remained motionless for a full half minute before finally regaining consciousness and opening her eyes. For a moment she could not see, though at the sight of Jack she could not begin to think of anything to feel.
"Jack... what happened?" She looked for any sign of Illumine, "Seriel is still here, Illumine is not dead...?"
After a moment she leaned forward slightly, gaining her footing as best she could. After a look behind her to Scarlett, then to her weapon - which she promptly recalled - she lowered her head slightly and closed her eyes again.
"I guess I should be leaving then, shouldn't I...?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:54 pm
]User Image

"For what purpose?" Jack asked, looking to the sea, having nearly forgotten the exchange earlier. "Illumine is gone, for now, and I am sure whether or not you are on her, the Duchess is no friend to Illumine," Jack touched the wooden deck softly with a hand and sighed.

"The hurricane was worse," Scarlett said in Jack's ear, attempting to touch his hand before Jack had thrust the vampire away from him, a glare in his eyes directed at her. "It was Jack!" She said before realizing what Jack's anger was directly linked to. Jealousy crept into her gaze and she went away to sulk by the railing.

"Orders, captain," Mr. Porter said, glancing over at Scarlett from where he stood behind Jack.

"Resume our course for Isle de Kanta," Jack murmured.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:08 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa stood for a moment confused, but knew in the end that there was legitimate room for hope. Still she could not dismiss what had transpired earlier, and she slowly took a seat.
"'Your life', Jack? I can understand the love of a great many things, but I am offended that even so great a threat as Illumine to your beloved ship outweighs the life of the woman you say you love." She sighed, "I feel as if I've been used, even. Skillfully manipulated only to an end, and quite easily disposed of. I thought for once, it could be different Jack, but now... now I can't go back on my actions and to what end?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:25 pm
User Image

"See this is why I never bothered before with women," Jack said, to noone in particular. "Firstly, the Duchess refers not only to her being, but to those aboard, secondly, when did I ever suggest your life meant so little to me Tessa? Pray do enlighten me. And thirdly, knowing what I do now about Scarlett's living, however unfortunate that may be, I also know that I would have wandered down to the docks some time or another, and seen my ship, and surely taken it back, so if I truly cared nothing, why are you even here?" Jack said, his words sharp with hints of bitterness, curiosity, betrayal, anger, and hurt.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:33 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Ah...!"
Tessa could not bring herself to answer Jack's questions, though she did not have any particular will to argue her point so much as see it disproved. She turned away and walked to the brow of the ship, watching the passing sea with dying interest.
"I was hoping you could answer that, Jack. You have what you wanted for so long, and now I question only if I bear any more meaning to you." She turned back to him, "I don't mean to offend you Jack, but if your ship means so much to you as I've been led to believe then I will have to go and pursue my interests elsewhere. I don't want to go, Jack... but I'm afraid."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:44 pm
User Image

Jack sighed and went to Tessa, cautiously drawing her to him and kissing her forehead. "There are a great many things a ship cannot provide, Tessa, that you have shown me," He smiled faintly and touched her hand. "I only wonder why you would have so much doubt in your abilities to keep my interest," He tilted her chin up so he was looking into her eyes. "You are beautiful, charming, and kind," He let his finger drop and looked out over the sea, his eyes studying the ever-changing landscape.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:56 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa blinked in surprise, slightly taken aback although she was happy for it, that Jack could have so changed his mind. She put her arms around him, restraining the urge to cry - and subsequently adding that on the list of things she could not do successfully.
"Jack..." she sobbed quietly, "thank you."

"So, Illumine you've returned. And not with a grand tale of success either, by the look of a missing blade and a drop in energies signifying a rather massive strike. Do tell, what have you been up to?"
"...I was caught between a cannonball and a hard place. It seems the Sisters have enlisted the aid of a band of pirates, the likes of which I'd prefer to avoid killing."
The brief sound of a heavy curved blade scraping a stone floor could be heard in the nearby vicinity.
"And so you came to me?"

"It is what you do best, is it not? After all, the Unholy Death cannot be so easily put to shame, I am sure."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games