Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:28 pm
Civet Moon
So why did you not allow the "mentally ill psychology student" to join..?

M is for M+Ms
I'll let the psychology student in.

Why didn't you let him/her in in the first place...?

M is for M+Ms
Alex has let him/her (I forgot) in now.

There seemed to be confusion about this, so I just wanted to clear it up. A "mentally-ill, psychology student" requested to join. Before I even saw the join request, M is for M+Ms saw it, but wanted to ask me before she let him/her in. The next time I got online, I let him/her in before I saw M is for M+Ms' question about it, and I gave M is for M+Ms permission to approve join requests like that in the future. I just wanted to make it clear that nobody denied the poor mentally-ill, psychology student's join request! Hehe!

Civet Moon
But different types of psychologists work in different ways. As an example, the counselor I saw who worked using a psychodynamic perspective had absolutely no problem with not only trying to put ideas into my head, but also with putting words into my mouth rolleyes .

Grr... I hate it when that happens! It's a pretty rampant problem with some theraputic techniques and individual therapists.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:28 pm
Quote:
Perhaps you should become a psychologist?

It was something I considered once.

But I think I'd rather do art, and save studying psychology for my "hobby."

Hm.. thinking about it, maybe it would have been better for my finances to do it the other way around sweatdrop .

Anyway, the reason why I don't react is because I don't know how to do so. I think it comes naturally for most people, right? (Though if you dropped a hammar on my foot, I would almost undoubtably say "ow" or atleast hold my foot in pain).

Quote:
I think there is a lot of difference between psychologists from what i have heard.

Well, yes, they are all different people, after all.

And the areas they study probably also affect how they choose to do their job.

Quote:
There seemed to be confusion about this, so I just wanted to clear it up.

Ah, ok. Thanks for making that clear, Alex.

Quote:
Grr... I hate it when that happens! It's a pretty rampant problem with some theraputic techniques and individual therapists.

Yes, I agree.

Quote:
Civet Moons post got replaced by my reply to it.

How/why did that happen? Can it be fixed? It looks like I spoke your words.

Feels a bit like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" or Gaian possession, eheh.  

Civet Moon
Crew

Doctrix
Captain

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:32 pm
Civet Moon
M is for M+Ms
Civet Moons post got replaced by my reply to it.

How/why did that happen? Can it be fixed? It looks like I spoke your words.

Feels a bit like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" or Gaian possession, eheh.

I know how that happened because I've almost done it a couple of times! M is for M+Ms accidentally hit a button that says "Edit" (that she has because she's a moderator) on your post instead of the button that says "Quote!" So, instead of quoting your post, she edited your post as a moderator on accident! It can't be fixed unless she edits it again and replaces it with the text that you said originally. I'd fix it myself, but I don't know who said what! M is for M+Ms, be careful to hit the "Quote" button instead of the "Edit" button when replying to Guild posts in the future! It's screwy, I know. Like I said, I keep hitting that button too!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:59 pm
Quote:
It's odd that you have chosen things that way round, because art is usually an interest but not a career, and psychology is more likely to be a career than an interest.

Well, it was proportionate to my interests.

I have always liked to draw, and I do art all of the time. Reading about and discussing psychology is more of a way for me to take a break from doing art projects.

Quote:
It does come naturally to most people. Reactions cannot be forced, only disguised or faked. Like saying 'ow' when you drop something on your foot.

Well, I fake it a lot of the time. Though physical reactions come naturally (like saying "ow"). In social situations, I tend to have to remember to respond.  

Civet Moon
Crew

Civet Moon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:45 am
Quote:
Faking social reactions seems very odd to me. I am quite impressed you are able to do it.

Sorry it sounds odd. But I've learned its better to fake a reaction than do nothing at all (people usually get angry when you do that).

I still have quite a hard time with it, though. Oftentimes I don't know how to react or behave.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:05 pm
I've kept a straight face when someone had me in a full nelson. xd
Other than that...
It depends on whether someone is aware of the pain coming at them. If, say, someone asks you to attempt to keep a straight face while they bang your arm with a soda bottle, then it may be possible. It's quite impossible to do so when one is unaware, i.e. getting snuck up from behind.
The best I've done, when it comes to feigning emotions, is keep a straight face during an extremely funny joke.
It's hard to fake emotion when you don't show it too often.  

1000NoKotoba

Civet Moon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:02 pm
How dare you not instantly repair your phone line! razz

I was wondering where you were, M is for M+Ms, since you post here more than I do (and I post a lot!). I'm glad it was nothing serious, and it's good to see you back.  
Gaia Alliance for the Mentally Ill

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff