Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:41 pm
Edi Nippoli
Death of Cool
Good Heroine
Sometimes on VH1 Classic they'll stop playing shitty hair metal in the middle of the night and play a lot of post-punk like Siouxsie, Psychedelic Furs, Joy Division, etc. That about it though...the only cool radio station around here went offline a couple years ago when the punk scene moved to Cleveland. confused

VH1 Classic was playing old re-runs of 120 Minutes for the longest time.
Before that they had a show called The Alternative.
Not sure if either one is still on, but they do still play the same videos from them once in a blue moon.

They still have 120 Minutes. The Alternative is gone. sad and they pushed 120 Minutes to like 5:00 in the morning.

The Alternative was basically the same thing. Pretty sure they ditched it when they started showing 120 Minutes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:44 pm
no experiences like that.

i wish i had a college radio station to listen to if there is i can't get it on my radio.  

Blackred_Roses57

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:27 pm
Death of Cool
Edi Nippoli
Death of Cool
Good Heroine
Sometimes on VH1 Classic they'll stop playing shitty hair metal in the middle of the night and play a lot of post-punk like Siouxsie, Psychedelic Furs, Joy Division, etc. That about it though...the only cool radio station around here went offline a couple years ago when the punk scene moved to Cleveland. confused

Not sure if either one is still on, but they do still play the same videos from them once in a blue moon.

They still have 120 Minutes. The Alternative is gone. sad and they pushed 120 Minutes to like 5:00 in the morning.

The Alternative was basically the same thing. Pretty sure they ditched it when they started showing 120 Minutes.

The only episode of 120 Minutes I ever caught was one with The Violent Femmes...which I loved lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:09 pm
xChrisThePanda
Death of Cool
Edi Nippoli
Death of Cool
Good Heroine

The only episode of 120 Minutes I ever caught was one with The Violent Femmes...which I loved lol.

I used to watch it pretty religiously during it's original run. I was in high school, and it was about the only widely available place you could hear that kind of music in the late 80's. Was about the only thing late Sunday nights were good for.  

Death of Cool

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:53 pm
Ah man, I miss DJing in college, I had a two hour slot weekly playing nothing but goth rock awesomeness cool  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:55 pm
Shadowolf
Ah man, I miss DJing in college, I had a two hour slot weekly playing nothing but goth rock awesomeness cool

A week and a half into break and I already miss it. D';>  

Deathrocker P I

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 pm
Deathrocker P I
Shadowolf

Man, I totally understand. I graduated a year and half ago, so I can't do it anymore, I wish I didn't graduate crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 pm
Shadowolf
Deathrocker P I
Shadowolf

Man, I totally understand. I graduated a year and half ago, so I can't do it anymore, I wish I didn't graduate crying

I don't expect me to graduate. o.o'  

Deathrocker P I

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:57 am
Deathrocker P I
Shadowolf
Deathrocker P I
Shadowolf

I don't expect me to graduate. o.o'

I've been going to college off and on since 1991. I still don't have a degree. cry  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:10 pm
Deathrocker P I

It's 4 AM EST
I'm usually well tweaked out by then, so it works for me.

I think it's every Saturday at 5 a.m. EST. I'm gonna catch it tonight just for the hell of it.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's Saturdays at 4 a.m. like PI said. Peter Murphy, Siouxsie, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, PiL, I was getting pretty pissed because I wanted to go to bed so I could be ready for work but couldn't because great videos kept getting played. gonk  

Good Heroine
Crew

Deathrocker P I

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:58 pm
Good Heroine
Deathrocker P I

It's 4 AM EST

I think it's every Saturday at 5 a.m. EST. I'm gonna catch it tonight just for the hell of it.

EDIT: I was wrong, it's Saturdays at 4 a.m. like PI said. Peter Murphy, Siouxsie, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, PiL, I was getting pretty pissed because I wanted to go to bed so I could be ready for work but couldn't because great videos kept getting played. gonk

It's daily. Or at least it was just a few months ago.
I think I have permanent dark rings round me eyes from doing the same damn thing.
Least it'll save me a wee bit of money on eyeliner if they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 pm
Deathrocker P I
Good Heroine
Deathrocker P I

It's 4 AM EST

It's daily. Or at least it was just a few months ago.
I think I have permanent dark rings round me eyes from doing the same damn thing.
Least it'll save me a wee bit of money on eyeliner if they are.

It was on Wednesday night, but I think most of the time when I'm watching tv and flip to VH1 Classic Metal Mania is on. I hope it's nightly, I'll check again tonight.  

Good Heroine
Crew

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 pm
Shadowolf

And this is the main reason I want to own a club when I grow up  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:13 pm
I think it's only on Wednesday and Saturday. Last night wasn't very good, as soon as I managed to get through this bad trip I turned the tv off.  

Good Heroine
Crew

Good Heroine
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:45 pm
I'm losing my cable. crying Goodbye late nights on VH1 Classic. Venture Bros., Squidbillies, S.O.A., and Always Sunny better be online somewhere when new episodes come out.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff