Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:18 pm
Is my reaction to "Nick The Stripper" being played on the local college radio station this afternoon. I usually don't listen cause it's mainly dominated by a lot of indie stuff but my stepdad was listening this afternoon while he was cleaning. He'd just had it going in the background and all the sudden I heard Nick Cave blaring out of the radio. For a moment I was wondering if for some reason he'd borrowed my Prayers on Fire CD but it was definitely the radio. They played Tom Waits after that.

Any unexpected moments like this for you guys? ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm
I love college radio stations.
Never underestimate them.

I love alot of "indie" especially because real indie is post-punk revival, because that USED to be the only kind of music called indie but it became an umbrella term for all independently produced forms of music. I digress, I like alot of so-called indie and indietronic groups lol...

I heard some pretty decent anarcho punk groups on a local sunday night independent show that used to come on the new rock station. They were all local and I either fogot or was never able to find out ANY of their names

/sadface  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:19 pm
The only things college stations play here is Breaking Benjamin and Five Finger Death Punch. xp

One of the good things about goth and whatnot getting more popular is you can locally find more people who are into it. In recent years I've had more people come up to me and recognize band shirts/patches of mine (usually Bauhaus and Siouxsie, though).  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:40 pm
Alien Hex Fiend
The only things college stations play here is Breaking Benjamin and Five Finger Death Punch. xp

One of the good things about goth and whatnot getting more popular is you can locally find more people who are into it. In recent years I've had more people come up to me and recognize band shirts/patches of mine (usually Bauhaus and Siouxsie, though).

I wish that happened to me. People here recognize like punk shirts and a few industrial shirts if you're in the right area. 3 hours east of here is a different story. Much less conservative.  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:46 pm
xChrisThePanda
Alien Hex Fiend

I wish that happened to me. People here recognize like punk shirts and a few industrial shirts if you're in the right area. 3 hours east of here is a different story. Much less conservative.

The only crowd here it occurs with is 20-60. I keep getting people in my age range (15-1 cool who keep asking if my Alien Sex Fiend shirt is a public expression for a love of tentacle hentai.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:26 pm
ololololol  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Deathrocker P I

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 pm
I'm my University's token Deathrock/Anarcho/Hardcore/Post-Punk/Glam Rock/Horror/Goth DJ. 8D  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:15 am
Deathrocker P I
I'm my University's token Deathrock/Anarcho/Hardcore/Post-Punk/Glam Rock/Horror/Goth DJ. 8D

High school senior. emo -prepares to get bombarded by spoiled veggies-

Most of the people here are hooked on Marilyn Manson and think that Hot Topic is the epitome of gothic couture. xp  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Deathrocker P I

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:17 am
Alien Hex Fiend
Deathrocker P I

Most of the people here are hooked on Marilyn Manson and think that Hot Topic is the epitome of gothic couture. xp

Oh, don't worry, most of my University's the same. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:38 am
Alien Hex Fiend
Deathrocker P I

I'm a junior so don't feel too bad lol  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:09 am
Deathrocker P I

I hope there's one of you at Rollins College who're the ones with the aforementioned college station. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:45 pm
Sometimes on VH1 Classic they'll stop playing shitty hair metal in the middle of the night and play a lot of post-punk like Siouxsie, Psychedelic Furs, Joy Division, etc. That about it though...the only cool radio station around here went offline a couple years ago when the punk scene moved to Cleveland. confused  

Good Heroine
Crew

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:46 pm
Good Heroine
Sometimes on VH1 Classic they'll stop playing shitty hair metal in the middle of the night and play a lot of post-punk like Siouxsie, Psychedelic Furs, Joy Division, etc. That about it though...the only cool radio station around here went offline a couple years ago when the punk scene moved to Cleveland. confused

VH1 Classic was playing old re-runs of 120 Minutes for the longest time.
Before that they had a show called The Alternative.
Not sure if either one is still on, but they do still play the same videos from them once in a blue moon.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 am
Death of Cool
Good Heroine

Not sure if either one is still on, but they do still play the same videos from them once in a blue moon.

They still have 120 Minutes. The Alternative is gone. sad and they pushed 120 Minutes to like 5:00 in the morning.  

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Deathrocker P I

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:14 am
Edi Nippoli
Death of Cool
Good Heroine

They still have 120 Minutes. The Alternative is gone. sad and they pushed 120 Minutes to like 5:00 in the morning.

It's 4 AM EST
I'm usually well tweaked out by then, so it works for me.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff