Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Heroine
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 am
A Paranoid Angel
I really hope my goth social life gets better once I can drive...and go clubbing.

Don't count on it, unless there's a scene around you. There are sporadic small cliques in Northeast Ohio, but no real scene or anything.

I kind of like it that way, if there was a club or something I'd just be ttlly goff and sit at a booth or something the whole time since I don't dance.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 pm
Good Heroine
A Paranoid Angel
I really hope my goth social life gets better once I can drive...and go clubbing.

Don't count on it, unless there's a scene around you. There are sporadic small cliques in Northeast Ohio, but no real scene or anything.

I kind of like it that way, if there was a club or something I'd just be ttlly goff and sit at a booth or something the whole time since I don't dance.

Well I always have the clubs down in Providence. I hear there's some clubs down there. I'm not expecting a town filled with goths though.  

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

God_Recalled

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:39 pm
the closest i've got to meeting anyone irl into goff is a few people that like siouxsie and the banshees and my boyfriend

i think seattle has a good scene though  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:55 pm
Creep_Show13
Portland has a pretty good goth scene in general I suppose, but it's heavily permeated by industrial. At least it's good industrial though. Most goth nights at clubs I've been to play mostly industrial, but do throw in some Sisters and Siouxsie, and people will actually dance to it, which is nice. I'm told one club night I haven't been to, Hive, plays a lot more goth and deathrock.

I've heard good things about the Portland goth scene. The goth scene in Philadelphia apparently is a complete melting pot, but mostly filled with industrial from what I've been told.  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Marximum Philocity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 pm
Miss Fiendette
Creep_Show13
Portland has a pretty good goth scene in general I suppose, but it's heavily permeated by industrial. At least it's good industrial though. Most goth nights at clubs I've been to play mostly industrial, but do throw in some Sisters and Siouxsie, and people will actually dance to it, which is nice. I'm told one club night I haven't been to, Hive, plays a lot more goth and deathrock.

I've heard good things about the Portland goth scene. The goth scene in Philadelphia apparently is a complete melting pot, but mostly filled with industrial from what I've been told.
There are a couple of real cool deathrockers and such. But 95% of anybody in the goth scene in Philly is apretentious douchebag and just utterly intolerable. and it is mostly rivetheads. Also don't sleep with any of them, because they've all interbred and about 65% of the people that you'll find at the club have an STD.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 pm
roy division
Miss Fiendette
Creep_Show13

There are a couple of real cool deathrockers and such. But 95% of anybody in the goth scene in Philly is apretentious douchebag and just utterly intolerable. and it is mostly rivetheads. Also don't sleep with any of them, because they've all interbred and about 65% of the people that you'll find at the club have an STD.

Isn't Deathrocker PI from Philly? He's a pretty nice guy. Although I know one rivithead girl from there and she's sweet as pie. Down in Philadelphia they have Dracula's Ball every so often but I'm reluctant to ever go due to the overabundance of EBM and bad industrial.  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Adonais is Dead

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:29 pm
A Paranoid Angel
Good Heroine
A Paranoid Angel

Well I always have the clubs down in Providence. I hear there's some clubs down there. I'm not expecting a town filled with goths though.

I used to go to school in Boston, and still spend a bit of time in the city. The staff in the record stores tend to pretty knowledgeable about music; they called me out for my Bauhaus t-shirt and now notify me when any new Bauhaus vinyl comes in. And college campuses can be good. A lot of the kids tend to be at least familiar with basic post-punk bands, and you might find some who know that The Cure was once much darker than they are now.
Boston's pretty nice, though.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:01 am
LOL I got my hair cut and the guy was like this 40 something old punk rocker and was talking about seeing bauhaus live and stuff while cutting my hair it was awesome
-not related-  

God_Recalled

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Deathrock

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers