Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inheritance Cycle Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest guild for fans of the Inheritance Cycle on Gaia. 

Tags: eragon, eldest, brisingr, inheritance, paolini 

Reply Tronjheim (The Main Forum)
Introduction Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverDragonGirl12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:13 pm
Madina O b l i v i o n

Augh, Nova scotia sounds like such an amazing place. I haven't met someone frmo there before you, though. Is your weather just as bad as ours? Cx

Thanks for not spoiling too much! So, it was good, then? I think I remember my dad saying something about it being the worst of the three books. (I think my brother said something similar...)

NS can be amazing, but Halifax seems to have more stuff going on then here on lonely Cape Breton Island. The weather isn't so bad here, its nice and breezy in the summer, so its not unbearable to be out in the hot sun. And the winter's are usually mild. Now that's its December, we still haven't received any snow yet just wind and rain, lots and lots of rain. Every year the snow comes latter and latter :[ last year we didn't get anything till mid January.

xD no problem on not spoiling too much on the third book, I do sometimes spoil stuff and its hard to keep my mouth shut about it ;x cause I like sharing what I find out and learn. Especially random facts that are useless but interesting. (>.< sorry I took so long to reply I got so busy with college assignments, but I'll soon be free from them 8D)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm
Madina O b l i v i o n
Well that sucks. : Most of my friends adore books/comics/videogames/RPGs just as much as I do, and I tend to not socialize with people who mock the hobby. Or they tend to avoid me like the plague, idk which one is more accurate.
Luckily I don't have to put up with ppl who think fiction is stupid anymore. Yay!  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:41 pm
@SilverDragonGirl12
Christ, so you never have a white christmas? D: That sucks! I've had white christmases for eighteen years now and I seriously don't know what I'd do without one. I mean even today, we got like, twenty centimeters of snow. Snow storms galore! Yay. (downside is that I was sick all day, psht.)

And it's okay. I tend to spew things too and half the time I don't even notice the fact that what I'm saying has the potential to be spoilerish. Woops? : D

@Doublelifegirl357
Lucky you. I would love not to have to put up with stupid prejudiced people. Sigh. Life's life I guess. Count your blessings.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:10 pm
My high school is actually pretty good compared to my junior high, where the mocking took place.
And insane fiction love is normal for everybody in my previously mentioned medieval reenactment group.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SilverDragonGirl12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:07 pm
@Madina I remember having a white christmas like maybe 6 years ago but now it really sucks, last year I never got around to making my yearly traditional snowman :'[ cause by the time the snow came I was in college once more and the snow was hard as ice or wet slush.

@doublelifegirl glad to know the torment is over :] and the group you mention sounds like a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 pm
Oh, it is! mrgreen  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Leaellyna

Assimilated Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pie Trafficker 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:40 am
Hello, my username is evaleranna, but you can just call me Eva.

I live in Belgium, that's a small country in between Germany, France and the Netherlands. My mother language is Dutch, so I might make very stupid mistakes (when I do, please correct me smile )

I've read all the 3 books in Dutch, but I got Eragon in English for Sinterklaas, and I've read the 3° book in english too.

I'm 17 years old, I really like to read fantasy (I've just finished Temeraire, it was really good), and I don't understand why there are so many Eragon-haters (maybe they saw the movie biggrin )

If there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask me smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:33 am
Welcome! : D

Actually, a lot of people dislike Eragon because it can be seen as a rip-off of several other books from great authors; a friend of mine pointed out that it was practically a parody of the Lord of the Rings. Though I don't agree, I can sort of see the similarities.

If I squint. Like, a lot.

A lot of other people argue that the writing's not that good. I think they're forgetting that Eragon was originally written/published when Paolini was fresh out of high school. I'd like to see another 18/19 year old publish their first 400 page novel at that age. Seriously.

I've read up a bit on Temeraire, and it sounds really interesting! I'll have to look around the stores here to see if I can find it, or order it online. I really like the concept of it!  

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:29 pm
I know ppl who call Eragon Star wars in the Lord of the Rings world. Being a major SW freak, I still needed people to point out the similarities to me.
Though I will admit, the good relative having a blue sword and the relative who is a servant of the king having a red word was a little Star Wars-y even to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:04 pm
doublelifegirl357
I know ppl who call Eragon Star wars in the Lord of the Rings world. Being a major SW freak, I still needed people to point out the similarities to me.
Though I will admit, the good relative having a blue sword and the relative who is a servant of the king having a red word was a little Star Wars-y even to me.

Woah, I hadn't even realized that. Maybe it was just coincidental? After all, the sword usually matches the color of the Rider's dragon. I can't remember if that was just something the fandom had deduced or if it's actually written in the book. I... think it is. Somewhere.  

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:09 am
Yeah, the blade is supposed to match the dragon's color, I just happened to notice that little bit.
Like I said, SW freak.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:08 pm
Okay, phew. Good to know my memory's not that awful.

...I can't remember; is it true that Eragon is Murtagh's brother? I remember reading about that somewhere, but I can't remember if it was here, elsewhere online or in the book(s).  

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

isidar_mithram
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:24 am
@SilverDragonGirl12 and @Minae Madina Minae (you may know who I'm talking to but they might not!)

I've never had a white Christmas. I've seen snow maybe...three? times in my life. And all three was actively going to the mountains for the sole purpose of...well, snow.

And (a reply in general) I used to be able to pick out a lot of Star Wars similarities. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere here about them...but I can't remember them right now...

edited 18th jan 2010: my username went back to minasia so the nickname is totally appropriate now  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm
Hello. My username is, obviously, Raine Sage of Sylvarant. But, feel free to call me Rebecca, Becca, or Raine.

I live in Oregon of the United States of America. Yes, I'm a Oregon girl. And, I'm proud of it!

I have read all three of the Inheritance books, and I am absolutely in love with Murtagh and Brom, and I wish I had Saphira.

I am seventeen-years-old, but my maturity is far beyond my age. So, please, don't be fooled.

If there is anything you'd like to know about me, please. Feel free to ask. I'll gladly answer any question the best I can.  

Flaniorian Snow Maiden

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 pm
I will call you Becca. You feel like a Becca. (Also, I'm going to assume you hate it when people call you Becky, so I'll just stay away from that one.)

Welcome to the ICG! I hope you'll like it here. Also, I stalked your profile when I learned we had a new member. Though I honestly didn't need to read your About section to know that your username came straight out of ToS. Do like that game. And the Anime. But mostly the game.

I have no idea what's not to be proud of concerning Oregon, but then again I'm Canadian so what do I know, eh?

Regarding age/maturity, I think you'll find you don't have to worry about that here. Especially where Isidar's concerned. She still - and probably always will - feel like a centuries-old mentor to me. And she sort of is, I suppose. She has her mysterious ways.

Feel free to jump in any and every of the conversations going around. We just recently remodeled the guild, lucky you!

I'll stop rambling like an old woman now.

Tronjheim (The Main Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff