Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inheritance Cycle Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest guild for fans of the Inheritance Cycle on Gaia. 

Tags: eragon, eldest, brisingr, inheritance, paolini 

Reply Tronjheim (The Main Forum)
Introduction Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 pm
Welcome to the ICG! Previously known as the ITG. You've made it far enough into the fandom that you actually looked up a guild for Eragon on Gaia Online. Congrats. (No, really, welcome to the club. You're one of us now.)

I need to apologize to a few members who just posted or were intending to post in the old introduction thread. It hadn't been updated in a while, and I felt that it was time for a slightly more... decent introduction thread, for lack of other terms to use. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I also took it upon myself to actually be a decent Vice-President in this guild from now on. I'll do my best!

If you don't know where to start, you can always try filling out this form:

[size=10][b]What we should call you: [/b]
[b]How old you are: [/b]
[b]How much of the Inheritance Cycle you've read: [/b]
[b]Why you decided to join this guild: [/b][/size]

If you really want to know me, I guess I can spare a few words.

I invite all the crew members to post a small introduction, so that I can post it up here with my own and Isidar's.

Madina O b l i v i o n
My username's Madina oblivion, but really, please call me Minasia or Minae. It's what people around here usually call me. : )

I'm eighteen years old and currently working part time and visiting my significant other out of town several days a week. (It doesn't keep me from being up until three in the morning to answer emails and such though.) I love drawing, reading, writing, music and above all, I love my best friends and my still-mindblowingly-awesome boyfriend.

I'm Canadian, by the way. Which means that I'm at the complete opposite end of the world from Izzy. And you'll get to know just how soon enough. I hope.

I'm your Vice-President, so if anything's bothering you, don't hesitate to come to me to talk about it. You can always send me PM; I'll always answer!

isidar_mithram
Hey all! I'm your not-quite-dead..err...what are we calling it these days? Captain? President? Guild Owner? I don't know.

Anyways. You can call me Isidar or Isi. I'm sure there are other nicknames out there that have occured, but they're the usual two.

I'm 19, female and Australian. (Yes, I did just subconsciously ASL...whoops?). Sometimes I call it 'the Land of Oz'. Most people think I'm joking.

I haven't been here for awhile because life has been hectic. Seriously.

I'm currently a film student, woo! (It's not as glamarous as it sounds. Picture your normal college/university social life. Then subtract it.) So I'm into a lot of TV shows and fandoms.

For the record, I found Inception boring. Probably because of the twisting detail some of the RPs here had going for them, heh.

Feel free to talk to me too. I'm always attached to my email, so a PM in my direction will hit a notification will get to me (almost) instantly. And considering I am currently on holiday til next March, I should be online a fair chunk of that time. Hopefully, I'll be around here more often too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:42 am
My username is SilverDragonGirl12 but you can call me Silver for short.

I'm 20 years old, I live in Canada, and I am currently in college taking the Graphic Design coarse which is a lot of fun, I have a paper route and work part time. I like reading, listening to music (mostly movie soundtracks), using my imagination, drawing/designing stuff, playing the occasional video game (when I have some spare time), hanging with friends and chilling with my three cats.

I have read all 3 books of the Inheritance Cycle. (Patiently waiting for the arrival of the final along with everyone else >w<)

I decided to join this guild because there aren't many people who have read the Inheritance Cycle around here or even have an interest in reading them for that matter. (I believe they are intimidated by its size xd )

^.^ I hope to see more people who enjoy these books as much as I have, and I'm glad to help any newcomers that need it.  

SilverDragonGirl12

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:03 am
Hey Silver! : D

I'm actually surprised to find another Canadian here. (Then again, I'm always surprised to find Canadians anywhere.) Which province are you in? I'm in Quebec. heart

Though I thought graphic design was a pretty intense program? That's what my friends told me anyways.

Was the third book any good? Cx I haven't read it through, because I knew I'd get all jittery and pissy waiting for the fourth one.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:19 pm
What we should call you: Rebecca, as that's the name of my character in my Inheritance fic, or DLG like most other ppl do.
How old you are: 15
How much of the Inheritance Cycle you've read: All 3 books so far, plus the Illustrated Guide to Alagaesia.
Why you decided to join this guild:
I'm an Inheritance freak! What more need be said?

I'm an American, currently in high school. I wanna be either an actress or a fiction author.
My Avi is currently my attempt at an avi of my fave character... Murtagh Morzansson (Or Murty, as I sometimes call him).
Yes, I am a Murtagh fangirl.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SilverDragonGirl12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:51 pm
Madina O b l i v i o n
Hey Silver! : D

I'm actually surprised to find another Canadian here. (Then again, I'm always surprised to find Canadians anywhere.) Which province are you in? I'm in Quebec. heart

Though I thought graphic design was a pretty intense program? That's what my friends told me anyways.

Was the third book any good? Cx I haven't read it through, because I knew I'd get all jittery and pissy waiting for the fourth one.

xD That's ok i get surprised to find other Canadians on here too :p, I live in Nova Scotia heart
Graphic Design can be intense sometimes but its all good :]
The Third book was good, it explained and filled in some of the missing pieces to some of the questions left in the first and second book, but there are still some answers that need to be finished. (Don't want to ruin it for you ;p)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:40 am
doublelifegirl357
What we should call you: Rebecca, as that's the name of my character in my Inheritance fic, or DLG like most other ppl do.
How much of the Inheritance Cycle you've read: All 3 books so far, plus the Illustrated Guide to Alagaesia.
Why you decided to join this guild: I'm an Inheritance freak! What more need be said?

Welcome to the Inheritance Cycle guild, Rebecca! : ) Do you mind if I call you Becca? Or Becky? It'd be shorter. (And it feels less awkward for my French-Canadian mind!) I hope you like it here; most of us are pretty cool and accomodating. And Isidar's a retty laid-back person. If you ever get to talk to her, I'm sure you'll love her. : )

SilverDragonGirl12
The Third book was good, it explained and filled in some of the missing pieces to some of the questions left in the first and second book, but there are still some answers that need to be finished. (Don't want to ruin it for you ;p)

Augh, Nova scotia sounds like such an amazing place. I haven't met someone frmo there before you, though. Is your weather just as bad as ours? Cx

Thanks for not spoiling too much! So, it was good, then? I think I remember my dad saying something about it being the worst of the three books. (I think my brother said something similar...)  

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:47 am
What we should call you: Thaliat (it is my universal online handle)
How old you are: Over 21, and that's all you need to know because that's all I'm saying
How much of the Inheritance Cycle you've read: All three current books and the guide.
Why you decided to join this guild:
I've been here a while. I like the series. And it is still way better than sparkly vampires.
The third book is my favorite. So far. I have great expectations for the fouth book!

I'm writing my own novel in the fantasy genre, but it is not a fan fic. I'd scrapped the project a few years ago, but after reading a bit about how Paolini did not originally plan to publish Eragon when he wrote it I decided to dust off my story and give it another go. If it gets published, awesome (it will be way better than Twilight), and if not, that's OK because I will still have a novel that I enjoy because I'm writing it for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:52 am
Minae honey, I love you!

Hey all! I'm your not-quite-dead..err...what are we calling it these days? Captain? President? Guild Owner? I don't know.

Anyways. You can call me Isidar or Isi. I'm sure there are other nicknames out there that have occured, but they're the usual two.

I'm 19, female and Australian. (Yes, I did just subconsciously ASL...whoops?). Sometimes I call it 'the Land of Oz'. Most people think I'm joking.

I haven't been here for awhile because life has been hectic. Seriously.

I'm currently a film student, woo! (It's not as glamarous as it sounds. Picture your normal college/university social life. Then subtract it.) So I'm into a lot of TV shows and fandoms.

For the record, I found Inception boring. Probably because of the twisting detail some of the RPs here had going for them, heh. sweatdrop

Feel free to talk to me too. I'm always attached to my email, so a PM in my direction will hit a notification will get to me (almost) instantly. biggrin And considering I am currently on holiday til next March, I should be online a fair chunk of that time. Hopefully, I'll be around here more often too.

Aaaand, just cause there are forms..

What we should call you: Isidar, Isi
How old you are: 19
How much of the Inheritance Cycle you've read: The three books so far
Why you decided to join this guild: You're asking me to remember back all those years...I was new to gaia and fans are fun people to chat with. Then I made FRRRIIIIEEEEENNNNDSSS and by then, I had to keep coming back for more, right? whee

Oh. And we're going to have to do a crew member hunt. Timelady42 has definitely moved on from Gaia. And it seems I'm no longer used to BBcode.  

isidar_mithram
Captain

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:11 pm
She's back from the dead! :O

Nice to see you're up and about again. I've sort of missed you around here. Mostly because I have no idea how to be a guild captainpresidentleaderetc. It gets confusing and I'm always second-guessing everything I'm doing. At least this introduction thread seems to have been a good idea! : D

Glad to hear we'll have you around a lot more for the next couple a months. We seriously need a plan of action. And new crew members, for sure.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:41 pm
Madina O b l i v i o n
doublelifegirl357
Why you decided to join this guild: I'm an Inheritance freak! What more need be said?

Welcome to the Inheritance Cycle guild, Rebecca! : ) Do you mind if I call you Becca? Or Becky? It'd be shorter. (And it feels less awkward for my French-Canadian mind!) I hope you like it here; most of us are pretty cool and accomodating. And Isidar's a retty laid-back person. If you ever get to talk to her, I'm sure you'll love her. : )
Becca is fine, but I BEG YOU, NOT BECKY!!!
Sorry long story.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:38 am
doublelifegirl357
YOU, NOT BECKY!!!
Sorry long story.

No problem! Becca it is then. ; )
But, really, we all have all day around here... so if you wouldn't mind sharing that story, I'd really love to hear it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 am
Madina O b l i v i o n
doublelifegirl357
I BEG YOU, NOT BECKY!!!
Sorry long story.

No problem! Becca it is then. ; )
But, really, we all have all day around here... so if you wouldn't mind sharing that story, I'd really love to hear it.
Well, ok, it's not exactly a long story, but I've always gone by either rebecca or Becca, and when kids started to realize I didn't like Becky, they'd call me that to annoy me.
So...yeah, that's really it.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:15 pm
doublelifegirl357
Well, ok, it's not exactly a long story, but I've always gone by either rebecca or Becca, and when kids started to realize I didn't like Becky, they'd call me that to annoy me.
So...yeah, that's really it.

...that's like how everyone I know inevitably cracks a mermaid joke whenever they hear my name.

Woops.
I mean, my name totally isn't Ariel and my 6-years-older brother didn't choose it just to antagonize me. 'Course not.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:27 pm
You know what else ppl do to annoy me?
Make fun of me for liking fiction. Like this.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:10 pm
Well that sucks. : Most of my friends adore books/comics/videogames/RPGs just as much as I do, and I tend to not socialize with people who mock the hobby. Or they tend to avoid me like the plague, idk which one is more accurate.  
Tronjheim (The Main Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff