View Results

DeirdreTonbo
Captain

Sweet Senshi

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 am
I'd be down for playing in one if someone made it  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:08 pm
Pirates Roleplay

Within that link is the basic information that would go into the currently unnamed pirate roleplay. Of course, the roleplay still needs an awesome name, port designs, and treasure ideas.

I'd appreciate any help I can get. *Yaaawn*

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Akai_ryu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:03 pm
Alright. I'm apparently more impatient than Rev. Hands up if you've read SM Stirling's Dies The Fire/Emberverse/Island in a Sea of Time and/or are interested in RPing in that universe.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:14 pm
Akai_ryu
Alright. I'm apparently more impatient than Rev. Hands up if you've read SM Stirling's Dies The Fire/Emberverse/Island in a Sea of Time and/or are interested in RPing in that universe.

Or if you havent read any of the books... Emberverse Wiki is a good source of basic information.

Orrrr...you could try to picture this.... 600+ years of technological innovation suddenly no longer works. Cars, electricity, cellphones, computers, radios, all of it just scrap metal. The world is in tact, but the very laws of nature have shifted.....  

Revan Star
Crew

Tao of Mag

Dapper Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:58 pm
Aarien
Personally I'd love to see a role play based off of Firefly going, but with an original cast and story based in the 'verse.

Just, y'know, puttin' that out there.
:p

This. Sooooooo much this. I love me some Firefly.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:50 am
Tao of Mag
Aarien
Personally I'd love to see a role play based off of Firefly going, but with an original cast and story based in the 'verse.

Just, y'know, puttin' that out there.
:p

This. Sooooooo much this. I love me some Firefly.

Hahah! Firefly! Damn, that would be fun.

Plus I have a thing for Inara smile Summer Glau as a person is pretty awesome too, but as River she's creepy and its just perfect.  

Jehui

Generous Gawker

8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Akai_ryu
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:27 pm
Most people I know have a thing for Inara.

Also, more people need to watch said show. I was talking with a classmate who said her weekend had been interesting and didn't elaborate. So I asked "Interesting? How? Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?" and got a confused look.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:14 am
Oh man how I love Kaylee, seriously. And Zoe, and Saffron/Yolanda/Bridget.

"Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!"

There isn't a better way to say that you need to get laid.  

Tao of Mag

Dapper Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm
I'm still working on the pirate stuff, guys! I just like to have a small... Well, a heavy degree of planning before I get something like this moving.

Most of the ports have been named and the treasures have been designed. I simply need to write up some descriptions and summaries for the first several so I won't be lazy about it later.

... I still need to watch Firefly. sweatdrop Fatal Frame is some scary crud though. o___o

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:56 pm
*strums a guitar*

"Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand,
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me

There's no place I can be,
Since I've found Serenity,
You can't take the sky from me"

biggrin  

Jehui

Generous Gawker

8,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 am
So here what I was thinking for the rp based on the Emberverse....

Its been fifty years since the Age of Technology ended, and the human race was plunged back into the darkness. Without technology, people in major cities quickly found themselves without food and water, and turned on each other, mad with starvation, and desperate, they became eaters, cannibals.

In the smaller towns and communities, people banded together in tribes and townships, for protection against raiders from larger cities.
These small communities set up trade routes, and farms, relying on the crafts that for the older generations, used to be nothing more then hobbies.

Without technology, those who did not fall from starvation, or illness, who did not freeze that first winter without electric heat, found themselves without the little things. Soap, Shampoo, Toilet paper, hot water....

Fifty years the human race has lived in the hollow remains of the age of technology, scavenging up what remains of 600 years of innovation. Eking out an existence, that would make our ancestors weep with despair...

But you.... You have heard strange whispers, words spoken in hush tones between traders, rumors that when the natural laws were changed, and tech stop working, something came into existence to replace it...... Most say it is a wise tale, a story made up to tell children, like the existence of Ascua City

Ascua City, its said the city sits deep within the cascade mountain range, a city whose citizens dont merely survive, they thrive. Hot meals, fresh water, hot baths, warmth even in the harshest of winters... education, trade, a capital of the human ability do adapt and thrive.

But not all are permitted to enter, - or so the story goes- Those willing to brave the rugged mountains must go to Wizard island, which sits in the still deep waters of Crater Lake. And if they are worthy, they will be taken to Ascua City....

But its only a story told to children......... or do you believe?

Yes, I'm mixing what little I know of the bookverse, with elements of fantasy. If enough people are interested......  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Alright! With the exception of an awesome name, the lady's Pirate roleplay is ready to open! Kind of. Linked below is what the thread will kind of look like:

Pirate RP

I will post it here in the guild and then on Barton town. Barton town will simply feature the Pyrite port, letting roleplayers get a glance of it. If they take the bait, there should be several people willing to join the guild in order to continue the journey.

Pleeeeaaase tell me what you guys thiiiink. I'm here to please the players and I love input~

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Aenakume

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 pm
Akai_ryu
Most people I know have a thing for Inara.

Also, more people need to watch said show. I was talking with a classmate who said her weekend had been interesting and didn't elaborate. So I asked "Interesting? How? Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die?" and got a confused look.

One of the happiest moments of my life was when I got an opportunity to fire off: "I'd say the days of me not taking you seriously have just about come to a middle."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 am
User ImageSO! I'm thinking about making an RP based around a geisha house and a tea room. It would be period, about 1840s but it would have a few very non-period differences. I'm fair positive that japan was still an incredibly xenophobic society at that point in history, but I would like to see foreigners as well.

The geisha house would be small, and the culture of geisha lends itself to the possibilities of yuri/shoujo-ai very easily. It would be a house that catered to a very specific clientele. Women. But given the era, the women who attend parties with the geisha will have to present themselves as men in public, women only in private.

So. I'm thinking this might be well suited to a small group rp. I'm not sure if a large group RP would really work for what I am imagining. I want to see unrequited love, betrayal, sisterly bonds and true romance.

Anyone interested?  

DeirdreTonbo
Captain

Sweet Senshi

Akai_ryu
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:09 am
D, Japan still is a pretty xenophobic society. But you know me. I really shouldn't join another RP, but I'd bite.  
-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff