Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are people stupid?
  Yes
View Results

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:04 pm
Well, when somebody asks me what industrial music is this my general response: "A bunch of crazy German goofballs banging on stuff" or if not than my response is: *kicks school air-conditioner repeatedly*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:59 am
To me, industrial has always been a grouping of forms of music that mention ideas of life that cover more than love or hate. Such artists tend to cover an atmosphere of emotions they are trying to convey and do so rigidly and "in - your face", per se.

Then I just go and start punching in the air and stomp dancing to get the full effect of freaking half of the class, who wanted to know the answer to the question, out.

domokun  

CountGrishnak

]Antagonistic[

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:24 pm
One time I told some one it was like techno but less gay. Except there's this one gay German guy in every industrial song ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:37 pm
i liked the whole raped on a bed of nails, you should make a really really gruesome tabloid newspaper

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y8klW9trVTQ

NO

I EXPLAIN IT WITH DISCIPLINE

IT MUST BE SEEN AND HEARD TO BE UNDERSTOOD  

mindparasite

nothingheregoaway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:40 pm
Really bad postpunk.

But mysteriously beautiful...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:57 pm
I usually say this: techno with a pissy punk attitude. Unfortunately, everyone seems to have forgotten the angry days of punk, so this explaination sucks. So, I usually say that it's techno with a grittier sound and an in-your-face attitude.  

Glenwood82

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:54 pm
Explaining industrial music to a...
-Bookworm: "It's like animal farm, only with machines instead of animals"
-Common mainstream idiot: "It's everything you've never heard of and you will probably hate it, so shut up."
-Intelligent undergrounder: "Anti-music, or as quoted 'A way of completely destroying music'."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:36 pm
Once I read a very interesting description, something about a hamster loose in a silverware drawer. There was more, but I don't remember the rest....  

Achtundachtzig

ketchakik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:32 pm
coriander18
Do you ever get asked what kinda of music you like and when you mention Industrial they don't know what the hell your talking about?

How do you describe it? How do you explain to someone who has no Idea.

I either try and mention bands they might have heard of, like KMFDM or Rammstein.

If that doesn't work I describe it as if heavy metal had a baby with techno, Industrial would be the outcome.

*taps steal pipe agiant grinding wheel in rythem* like that usually  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:04 pm
I show them Discipline on YouTube.

Or talk about "30 second jackhammer intro".  

Serial Number

Cupcake Baking Princess

7,225 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:34 am
i try to give out names of bands they might know...rammstein, kmfdm, nin...then i say it's music made from computers and synthesizers that would sound like...an industrial work place...hah...loud banging and such.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:54 pm
hmmm evil politival techno of doom... couse yes sadly industrial is a type of tehcno... & when ususing industrial to describe a taste either the taste of metal.. or medicine  

Baby-x_Molly

Captainsansnom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:02 pm
I like to tell people its the rebel cousin of electronic, the cool one you know? that's always bad-a** and know hows to rock it. lol, but I hardly need to explain I don't have alot of friends who don't what it is, most them listen to some sort of electronic or rock so they know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:30 pm
mindparasite
i liked the whole raped on a bed of nails, you should make a really really gruesome tabloid newspaper

I could. I work that way, and I sure do like to write gruesome analogies and other such sadistic things. It comes to me easier than it comes to a bull shark to attack paraplegic tourists.  

Plan-Galere

Aeternitas_Veritas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:20 pm
I always liked to think of industrial music (and everything that kind of falls under that umbrella) as the music robots and machines of the future would make. And that makes me happy. *dreamy smile*

But the comment about the rape on the bed of nails was pretty awesome.  
The Industrial Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff