Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are people stupid?
  Yes
View Results

coriander18

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:38 am
Do you ever get asked what kinda of music you like and when you mention Industrial they don't know what the hell your talking about?

How do you describe it? How do you explain to someone who has no Idea.

I either try and mention bands they might have heard of, like KMFDM or Rammstein.

If that doesn't work I describe it as if heavy metal had a baby with techno, Industrial would be the outcome.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:24 am
Yeah, it's hard to describe industrial to people who hasn't heart of it before... I usally mention rammstein or Marilyn Manson if I'm gonna describe industrial rock or metal...  

Fairlight Child

1,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

nothingheregoaway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:54 am
I usually say it's a harsher form of electronic music.

Or that Punk and Metal is to Rock as Industrial is to Electronic.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:21 pm
"A few guys hitting heavy s**t with other heavy s**t, and making noises with power tools and such"

A description I gave to a coworker of Savage Aural Hotbed. If I'm talking about EBM or whatever, I'll describe it as dark, machine influenced electronica. Industrial metal usually gets reduced to techno-metal. Noise needs no description.  

Lydia Desdemona

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:30 pm
Techno synthesizers mixed with gothic-ish lyrics and some crazy German-Irish dude (me xd ) kicking a school air conditioner....that's my band.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:55 pm
angry germans, exploding buildings, washing machines gone mad...

when describing it seems best to give an example of an electronic band meets metal... abrasive rock music...  

Sinequan_150mg

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:28 pm
More like, Heavy metal raped Techno on a bed of nails and the b*****d spawn was Industrial. Good times.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:04 pm
miraridemon
More like, Heavy metal raped Techno on a bed of nails and the b*****d spawn was Industrial. Good times.

I do believe I found a winner.
that right there is my new way to describe industrial ninja  

The Flightless Dragon

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 pm
The Flightless Dragon
miraridemon

I'm... so... proud... and.... enraged...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:59 pm
miraridemon
The Flightless Dragon
miraridemon

dont worry about it, I will give credit to you for such a genius explanation, every time I say it if i remember  

The Flightless Dragon

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:58 am
The Flightless Dragon
miraridemon
The Flightless Dragon
miraridemon

dont worry about it, I will give credit to you for such a genius explanation, every time I say it if i remember

Excellent. I will be forever honoured by you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:53 am
I was floating around the music thread on darkstarlings, and some guy asked what the difference between EBM and Industrial was, and I said that industrial sounded like someone kicking the s**t out of an air conditioning unit. Apparently that wasn't a good enough description for the fellow because he was like "Eh? Whassat s'posed to mean?"  

Luminae

Tommuel

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:02 am
Luminae
I was floating around the music thread on darkstarlings, and some guy asked what the difference between EBM and Industrial was, and I said that industrial sounded like someone kicking the s**t out of an air conditioning unit. Apparently that wasn't a good enough description for the fellow because he was like "Eh? Whassat s'posed to mean?"

LAWL@Amber

I never liked that place, just by looking at it. Some with Vampire Freaks, damnit.  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 am
miraridemon

Oh yes, I'm using that one too. Consider yourself famous.  

La Veuve Zin

Rainbow Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200

Luminae

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:46 pm
Tommuel

LAWL@Amber

I never liked that place, just by looking at it. Some with Vampire Freaks, damnit.

I'm on there for the sake of talking to ***** when I get really lonely Er... I like darkstuffzorz yay heart
Nah, they're too much of a popularity contest when it comes down to it, and a lot of the people on the boards are ******** snots.
I still go & check my profile there, in case some poor b*****d is desperate enough to comment on something I've left about.  
The Industrial Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff