Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nevira Shadowfire

Intergalactic Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:51 pm
Old Egyptian lycanthropy? eek Wow! Sounds great! blaugh

Religion (or at least the people who are large and in charge in the churches) and I...don't have a very nice relationship. stare I keep on tinkering with practices, legends, stories, rituals, etc....and it's a very good thing that the gods are forgiving in my case (*knock on wood*) because I keep experimenting with the stuff I do. cool

I started out as a Southern Baptist along with my parents, and then as I matured I wound up leaving/skipping church because I'd ask questions that were complicated, twisting around Bible stories to look at them from five different perspectives at once, and messing with the pastors' minds (the last is another story for another time sweatdrop )

After a interlude without religion, in middle school I joined a Wicca circle made up of some of my close friends. It was interesting and exciting at first, but after I while I started moving off and doing things on my own. We're still friends, and I'm always up for a circle, but most of the time we're off doing our own thing.

Nowadays I'm using a mix of Wicca, Kemetic Orthodoxy, and whatever I feel would work best in the situation. I suppose I'd be a "religion engineer" because I try to build up what I practice to be stronger, better, more practical, and then tear it all apart to do it all over again. 3nodding Neith seems to enjoy it too blaugh heart I'm always looking for new methods and fresh ideas.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:33 am
WebenBanu
(All manner of fun and interesting stuff)

Ok, wow. Just... wow. And I called myself a deep thinker on the subject. *hides her paper crown in the closet* I would add what I know but it's been said and more... say what I think but it'd be redundant. sweatdrop

*sits down with pen and papyrus in hand to take notes and listen to the story*

*spots Anubis and offers him a tootsie roll mrgreen *  

LynUridain

LynUridain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:35 am
"If the opposite of pro is con, what's the opposite of progress?"
rofl rofl rofl

I'm sorry, but terribly true. *stops throwing jellybeans at Set and throws them at George Bush instead*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:44 pm
LynUridain

Hehee... just be sure to unwrap it first. wink  

WebenBanu

LynUridain

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 pm
WebenBanu
LynUridain

Hehee... just be sure to unwrap it first. wink
LOl-- so I've heard!! I wouldn't do that to him... luv him too much!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:20 pm
MY mom is really this religion she always brings me to her ritals. She did a few for the family. Like she did the oping of the mouth for my grand father. She also put a protection spell on my brother (he's going to Iraq soon).  

Judy_Boka

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:28 pm
I wonder if Yinepu helped the people who made Death Note come up with L (Given the fact that the two of them have an insatiable sweet tooth razz )

But anyways, I've been a Shemsu in the Kemetic Orthodoxy for about a year now, and I feel alot more connected to the divine than I ever did before in my life. As a Roman Catholic, I didn't feel any close personal relationship, like God was just a far away figure. But here, i feel the Gods and Goddesses, all of the Aspects of Netjer involved in my everyday life. And I enjoy the fact of how religiously tolerant/accepting the faith is. As a Catholic I was taught that anyone who didn't believe in Jesus was going to hell, and all other faiths are tools of the devil, etc. Here, there's no claim of being the one true faith, no self-centered I'm right, you're wrong. But much more of a warm, respectful, supportive and open-minded community. I really have no regrets over my change of faith.  
Religion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff