Submit

char or miliardo
  char
  miliardo
  it would be a draw because they are both equal in skill
View Results

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:43 pm
The OZ-00MS Tallgeese was far more advanced than most contemporary Mobile Suits: even Zechs himself could barely handle it at first. The OZ-06MS Leo is simply a scaled-back version of the Tallgeese. In fact, it has just as many Speed Ability points as the XXXG-01W Wing Gundam--not to mention the fact that it has more Power Ability points than the aforementioned Gundam.

I think a more apt comparison between the two characters would be to place them at the same age (19) and go from there. For clarification, Char Aznable is 19 years old at the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam and Zechs Merquise is of the same age as of the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing*.

Next, we should place each in similar machines. Give Char Aznable his MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type and Zechs his OZ-06MS Leo Cannon Type. Now you can have them duke it out on relatively equal footing. No massive weapons, no special systems, just pilot-to-pilot in comparatively basic Mobile Suits.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:52 pm
NowhereManXP
The OZ-00MS Tallgeese was far more advanced than most contemporary Mobile Suits: even Zechs himself could barely handle it at first. The OZ-06MS Leo is simply a scaled-back version of the Tallgeese. In fact, it has just as many Speed Ability points as the XXXG-01W Wing Gundam--not to mention the fact that it has more Power Ability points than the aforementioned Gundam.

I think a more apt comparison between the two characters would be to place them at the same age (19) and go from there. For clarification, Char Aznable is 19 years old at the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam and Zechs Merquise is of the same age as of the beginning of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing*.

Next, we should place each in similar machines. Give Char Aznable his MS-06S Zaku II Commander Type and Zechs his OZ-06MS Leo Cannon Type. Now you can have them duke it out on relatively equal footing. No massive weapons, no special systems, just pilot-to-pilot in comparatively basic Mobile Suits.

isn`t the Leo Cannon far more advanced than the Zaku?
isn`t the cannonn a beam weapon?  

Vivio1412

NowhereManXP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 pm
Barsona
NowhereManXP

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think that Zechs did pilot a Cannon Type. My mistake. Let's stick him in a regular Leo instead. To be fair, we'll keep Char in his MS-06S Zaku II, but we'll give Zechs a Beam Rifle. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:15 am
NowhereManXP
Barsona
NowhereManXP

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think that Zechs did pilot a Cannon Type. My mistake. Let's stick him in a regular Leo instead. To be fair, we'll keep Char in his MS-06S Zaku II, but we'll give Zechs a Beam Rifle. wink
What battlefield? Space or Earth? Open and clear or a battlefield with obstacles?  

Cagalli Yura Attha
Crew

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:01 pm
well they would be equal on either one so i could not decide  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:22 pm
gundam fan zero
well they would be equal on either one so i could not decide
Actually, Char has the upperhand in a space battle full of obstacles. While the MS cannot detect anything, Char's NT edge can sense hostility in people, and help him know where they are.
Zechs is definitely more at home fighting on Earth.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:55 am
why is it because char is a newtype everone thinks that he has a very big advantage which it is not  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:17 pm
gundam fan zero
why is it because char is a newtype everone thinks that he has a very big advantage which it is not

Uh, but it is, and we have evidence to back ourselves up.

Know what your assertions lack? Proof. Spell it with me now: P-R-O-O-F. Proof. Find some or get lost.  

NowhereManXP

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:56 pm
NowhereManXP
Barsona
NowhereManXP

ooo
i see where you are getting at...
tricky tricky zechs...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:25 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
What battlefield? Space or Earth? Open and clear or a battlefield with obstacles?

Why not run scenarios using all of the aforementioned variables?

Scenario Set One: Space

Location One: Earth Orbit
Conditions: Clear

We'll give Zechs' Leo the vernier backpack for this match: he'd be positively screwed without it. Considering that there isn't a separate set of stats for the space-varient Leo, we might as well say that whatever performance boosts the backpack provides are relatively minimal. The Zaku II S-type probably has the greater mobility.

As to the subject of propellent, I'm inclined to think that the Space Leo will have a greater amount of it than the Zaku II S-type. That backpack is pretty big. However, how efficient its propellent is happens to be a mystery.

[This all is, of course, conjecture on my part.]

Now, to the battle itself.

Zechs' Beam Rifle certainly sports more firepower than Char's 120mm Machine Gun or Bazooka (let's give Char his Machine Gun for the time being), but the real question is whether or not he can hit Char. If we go solely off of the Gundam Wing series--and not the "Zechs is a Newtype" mumbo-jumbo that the manga gives us--I'm inclined to believe that Char's Newtype prowess gives him the edge.

With no significant cover, it's going to be pilot-versus-pilot and machine-versus-machine. It's hard to get the drop on your enemy when you have no place to hide.

So, here's how I see this unfolding:

1. Char swoops in and fills the poor Leo full of holes before it can score a hit on him with the Beam Rifle;

2. Zechs somehow holds Char off until the "Red Comet" expends his combat propellent, forcing him to withdraw. No clear victor, though Zechs wins by default.

Location Two: Shoal Zone
Conditions: Heavy Debris

I see much the same thing happening here, though the tactics will obviously be different. This will be much more of a run-and-gun battle, with both combatants trying to surprise the other using the larger pieces of debris as cover. Outcomes:

1. Char reads Zechs and fills him full of bullets;

2. Zechs impressively fends off Char until the latter runs out of propellent and is forced to head back.

Scenario Set Two: Terrestrial Environment [Earth]

[Coming Soon!]  

NowhereManXP

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:18 pm
ok then what if you were to put zechs in epyon which has the zero system. do you think that would make a difference?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:35 pm
gundam fan zero
ok then what if you were to put zechs in epyon which has the zero system. do you think that would make a difference?

what he is doing is to match them equally, MS wise
If you were to give Zechs that, then Char get`s something also
Do you not see that?

A fight between Epyon and a Zaku is pretty ******** up to begin with  

Vivio1412

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:04 pm
i meant epyon vs sazabi  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:07 pm
gundam fan zero
i meant epyon vs sazabi
Didn't I already cover the advantages Sazabi as a mobile suit has over Epyon? They're both of similar power capability, and we'll assume similar thrust in space too. But Epyon has no guns. Sazabi has a host of them. That means Epyon is dead before it gets close.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:41 pm
gundam fan zero
i meant epyon vs sazabi

have you actually seen other episodes OTHER than Wing?  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff