Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Enter Guild Name Here] -- Now in Funk'n Quake flavor!

Back to Guilds

Tags: Random, Coconut Duck Babies, Friendly, Funk, Quake 

Reply Art Land
Fear my SkiLLs with Photoshop!!! UPDATED PICS ADDED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give me a rate? 5 being the highest
View Results

possessed_goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:47 pm
domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:55 pm
possessed_goddess
Slack3r
Is that your own brush set? It's a pretty nice one.

I 4'd it. Never really been a big fan of the Clouds filter. ^^;

btw, for the record. If you ever need any random PS help, I'm available. ninja

*should really get his photoshop advice thread back up*

Dont take this the wrong way, im just a mean person twisted

Are you like the god of photoshop or something? Somewhere in your little world? Why do you feel you need to give me advise?
no offense but i'll stick to my own self help. I was thinking about giving out some pointers to photoshop. Im not really feeling your style of what you think is "good" I dont mean to sound mean either, just wanted to let you know that i've been doing photoshop stuff, since i was in the 7th grade.... and i've been outa school for 2 years.. Do the math. (Yes im rusty)

ya.. 7 years. You have some good pointers im sure; however only for your style. Something I have mastered. But you can't bring my picture down just because its the most basic of filters. (Sure it was probaly easy enough to do, but i would like to see some more of your work. I havn't seen anything else other then the guild front page.)

(To master art, one must master ink and stone)
Look at the way I actually used it into the picture; look around for the theme of the outerspace, its not that hard to get. I think I know what im talking about too, but hey everyone has their own opinions. ...... btw do you have a shop open anywhere? Maybe we can open up a shop, you mainly selling yours... since they take a few mer minutes to complete, where as I spend up to 3 - 5 days doing one of mine. Anyways let me know or something. I'd like to get one up and going.

This is F4LL4CY by the way... on Possessed's, im at her house whee xp

possessed_goddess

possessed_goddess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:56 pm
Who rated it a 3!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:32 pm
I absolutely ADORE it >w< it's so cuddly and cute *melts* 4,5  

DeathIsInLoveWithMe
Crew

Slack3r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:27 pm
possessed_goddess

Dont take this the wrong way, im just a mean person twisted

Are you like the god of photoshop or something? Somewhere in your little world? Why do you feel you need to give me advise?
no offense but i'll stick to my own self help. I was thinking about giving out some pointers to photoshop. Im not really feeling your style of what you think is "good" I dont mean to sound mean either, just wanted to let you know that i've been doing photoshop stuff, since i was in the 7th grade.... and i've been outa school for 2 years.. Do the math. (Yes im rusty)

ya.. 7 years. You have some good pointers im sure; however only for your style. Something I have mastered. But you can't bring my picture down just because its the most basic of filters. (Sure it was probaly easy enough to do, but i would like to see some more of your work. I havn't seen anything else other then the guild front page.)

(To master art, one must master ink and stone)
Look at the way I actually used it into the picture; look around for the theme of the outerspace, its not that hard to get. I think I know what im talking about too, but hey everyone has their own opinions. ...... btw do you have a shop open anywhere? Maybe we can open up a shop, you mainly selling yours... since they take a few mer minutes to complete, where as I spend up to 3 - 5 days doing one of mine. Anyways let me know or something. I'd like to get one up and going.

This is F4LL4CY by the way... on Possessed's, im at her house whee xp

Well, if you wanted to know, I offered help simply because it's generally what people do when they want to let others know when help is availiable.

And you may think that I only know filters and effects for my own style? That'd be incorrect. I'm a Teacher's Assistant for Graphic Design, and I work doing Client files for people in the community, and I help the teacher teach the entire class. Meaning? I know how to teach it, not just my own style.

I simply stated that I don't feel that the Clouds filter is the best that can be out there. If you were going for cloud effects, there are several other methods for getting a nicer effect, and if you've been doing photoshop for so long then you should know that. Time doesn't matter, it's the prowess of the tools.

And lastly, my work doesn't take "several minutes" to do. I have spent upwards 12 hours on some pieces. Some just comes naturally. It depends.

But seriously, if somebody is offering goodwill, and you don't want it, a simple "no thanks" generally suffices. I DO have a photoshop tip thing in the Art Land subforum, and I've been meaning to actually do it, but I've been busy.

I've never said that your work was bad. For the record.

Here are some of my pieces of art.

[Current Project: Splash Page for a website]
[Another Doodly thing]
[Deep Dive]
[Oil Spill]
[Thoughts of You]
[Dearly Beloved]
[Unnamed Doodle]

They've all taken varied amounts of time, from an hour to 12 hours. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:58 pm
huh oh...  

possessed_goddess

F4LL4CY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:01 pm
Slack3r

Well, if you wanted to know, I offered help simply because it's generally what people do when they want to let others know when help is availiable.

And you may think that I only know filters and effects for my own style? That'd be incorrect. I'm a Teacher's Assistant for Graphic Design, and I work doing Client files for people in the community, and I help the teacher teach the entire class. Meaning? I know how to teach it, not just my own style.

I simply stated that I don't feel that the Clouds filter is the best that can be out there. If you were going for cloud effects, there are several other methods for getting a nicer effect, and if you've been doing photoshop for so long then you should know that. Time doesn't matter, it's the prowess of the tools.

And lastly, my work doesn't take "several minutes" to do. I have spent upwards 12 hours on some pieces. Some just comes naturally. It depends.

But seriously, if somebody is offering goodwill, and you don't want it, a simple "no thanks" generally suffices. I DO have a photoshop tip thing in the Art Land subforum, and I've been meaning to actually do it, but I've been busy.

I've never said that your work was bad. For the record.

Here are some of my pieces of art.

[Current Project: Splash Page for a website]
[Deep Dive]
[Oil Spill]
[Thoughts of You]
[Dearly Beloved]
[Unnamed Doodle]

They've all taken varied amounts of time, from an hour to 12 hours. razz
You got some pretty nice peices, I retract my previous statement about your style of art. Lol, just saw the peices on this guild and i was like ok.. whats this guy talking about?! lol but ya i've been doing it for a while off and on. I took graphic arts pretty much the whole 4 years of highschool. However we never really did what we were supposed to, so i just self taught basically. Then i tought the class the last 2 years with an help or another TA. It was cool.

Learned alot that brought me into it. Im just starting to get back into it, so wish me luck. I'll stop by your thread if i ever find it. I have a few other peices i'd like to get critizm for too. Dunno when i'll post them though. Im crazy tired today... stupid work. woo, i've been up for about 19 hours or so.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:05 pm
I give it a 5

*Edited by God  

Chewy_luvz

F4LL4CY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:23 pm
Making my way to top
User Image

Onebump at a Time!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:52 am
I really love that escape one... lots more little details in that heart  

PukeFacedFreak