• Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:55 pm
Chi-ta
Yasira
Chi-ta
Yasira
Chi-ta
Because in my opinion, OOMPH doesn't sound anywhere close to being demonic. Does she even know what they're singing?

Yeah, I think so... She's german

But does she actually speak the language regardless of being german? I don't know... There's just something wrong with this picture if you have a german girl who supposedly knows what they're singing yet labels them as "demonic" or "satanists".

What should there be wrong? She's just 15 years old... She's just a little teeny who thinks what he does is completely right. And when those people listen to a song like "Gott ist ein Popstar", they just think "yeah, it's against god, god is the greatest s**t I've ever heard of" and things like that. But she never said Oomph are satanists. She's a satanist by her ownself without knowing anything about satanism was it what she said. rolleyes

Okay, but she still said it was "demonic" and really... I don't see what's demonic about their songs.
As far as Gott ist ein popstar and Der neue Gott, I just see it as them showing their athiest views (as someone already said).

Maybe she saw something "demonic" in Sex hat keine Macht or Augen Auf, well I don't know...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:13 pm
My only commentary is this: That girl is too young to actually understand all the levels on which the lyrics resonate. (My apologies those of you who are of similar age...) Most of the lyrics are political and social criticisms. Rammstein is the same way. Amerika is, for a good many reasons, true and hardly something to laugh about. And I doubt satanist girl ever even read the Satanic Bible. (I don't know if it's been published in German yet) Either way, that's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.  

enkibaal

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:22 pm
enkibaal
My only commentary is this: That girl is too young to actually understand all the levels on which the lyrics resonate. (My apologies those of you who are of similar age...) Most of the lyrics are political and social criticisms.

Definitly... There are so many meanings between the lines...

enkibaal
Rammstein is the same way. Amerika is, for a good many reasons, true and hardly something to laugh about.

So... Then I think, you didn't understand it...

enkibaal
And I doubt satanist girl ever even read the Satanic Bible. (I don't know if it's been published in German yet) Either way, that's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

It is... I'm going to buy one when I get enough money.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:16 pm
POSER *cough* POSER!!

Oomph is definitely not satanic, they may mock the christian language...

But they don't worship the devil eek  

Metamorphosis Lycanthropy

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:49 am
POSER *cough* POSER!!

Yeah... That's already clear...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:06 pm
Yasira
POSER *cough* POSER!!

lol
I know...
but i was just speaking my thoughts... sweatdrop  

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:51 am
Yasira
POSER *cough* POSER!!

lol
I know...
but i was just speaking my thoughts... sweatdrop

^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:55 am
Yasira

enkibaal
Rammstein is the same way. Amerika is, for a good many reasons, true and hardly something to laugh about.

No, I understood it. As an American, and one that disagrees with a lot of what our government does, I recognize criticism when I see it because we get so much of it and all of us are judged by it. When I first heard it, I thought it was great. But then I really listened to the lyrics and realized that it's not.

For you, as a German, I bet it's freaking hilarious. But when the USA becomes the next Reich, which it is very much heading toward, we'll see how funny that song is and how miserable everyone else is. Rammstein sees this, as well as the fact that the US govt. puts troops everywhere and just isn't as good as it used to be, and that's really the commentary. And I doubt you, as a German, want to ever see something similar to the Nazi regime again. Hopefully, for everyone, our government can be fixed and we can manage to get it out of the hole it's in.  

enkibaal

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:51 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:47 pm
watchdawg77
ninja

*ditto* totally don't want to see a fight started....  

Eisbaer
Crew

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:18 am
enkibaal
Yasira

enkibaal

No, I understood it. As an American, and one that disagrees with a lot of what our government does, I recognize criticism when I see it because we get so much of it and all of us are judged by it. When I first heard it, I thought it was great. But then I really listened to the lyrics and realized that it's not.

For you, as a German, I bet it's freaking hilarious. But when the USA becomes the next Reich, which it is very much heading toward, we'll see how funny that song is and how miserable everyone else is. Rammstein sees this, as well as the fact that the US govt. puts troops everywhere and just isn't as good as it used to be, and that's really the commentary. And I doubt you, as a German, want to ever see something similar to the Nazi regime again. Hopefully, for everyone, our government can be fixed and we can manage to get it out of the hole it's in.

ok.
I'm not very interested in the USA ">_> But it's true... I don't want to see anything like the nazi regime again, not in my lifetime  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:28 am
Eisbaer
watchdawg77
ninja

*ditto* totally don't want to see a fight started....

3nodding  

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

!GreenEnigma!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:36 pm
Something similiar happened to Rammstein ( this part isn't about OOMPH!, but I'll tie up loose ends later ^^ ). Their music video for 'Ich Will' came out the day before 9/11, and the authorites blamed them for terrorist attacks. Just because 'bad people' listen to their music, doesn't mean that they should stop making music because 'bad people' might listen to it. "Such bullshit." Till said. How does this relate to OOMPH!? Well. I'm not saying that satanists are 'bad people' (although I'm Roman Catholic. But. I'll let God do the judging), but just because their songs are 'demonic' doesn't mean s**t (pardon my French). So, because OOMPH!'s songs are 'demonic', 'demonic' people may listen to them, making them 'bad' for other religions? I think not.

What I DO think is that people should really look past those lyrics and dig deeper into songs to find hidden meanings. So. That's what I recommend that girl does, and this is all I have to say.

^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:58 am
I'm rather..nothing, religion wise, currently looking into and folliwing Paganism sorta, which is not the same thing as Satanism. But the misconceptions that abound "OMG pagans and satanists are the same"....no. Just because we wear pentacles doesn't mean anything. I think its' because the youth really have no idea what they're doing. I can guarantee you that half of the people who wear pentacles right now (who call them pentagrams >_<) don't even know what they really are.

Just grow up people. do your research. yeah.  

Eisbaer
Crew

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:11 am
Eisbaer
I think its' because the youth really have no idea what they're doing. I can guarantee you that half of the people who wear pentacles right now (who call them pentagrams >_<) don't even know what they really are.

That's the point. They don't know what they're wearing...  
The OOMPH! Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff