Submit

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:21 am
It seems that this what I want to post here, doesn't have a lot to do with Oomph! but... it's got to be... and please excuse my english, it's hard for me to describe that what I've just seen a few minutes ago +.+

I was taking a look on Animexx' Oomph! Gallerie with a few fanarts. That takes me to a Forum... There was a thread which started with the question "Was findet ihr so toll an Oomph!" or something like that. I wanted to answer why I like them. But it was very very funny to read what other users postet already. It slowly turns into a discussion about satanism (is that the right word for Satanismus? sweatdrop )

The girl which started the thread is still 15 years old and she said she likes Oomph! 'cause their music is demonic and she's listening to those music 'cause she's a satanist. What she said about satanism was making me frightened eek And she told us that she doesn't know a lot about it. But she's a satanist. She's 15 and doesn't know anything... and the people which answered on this thread doesn't know more too. I just thought "omfg..."

What I mean is... I don't like those girls... but what has that to do with Oomph!? Well... I'm really shocked...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:44 am
You're right. Satanismus=Satanism.

I've never thought OOMPH! got anywhere close to the ideals of Satanism. Sure, maybe Dero can pull out a harsh voice, but demonic? Seriously. Obviously, the boys aren't out praising god in their songs (haha, Gott ist ein Popstar) but no. That girl really doesn't have a clue. OOMPH! is no more satanic than Nine Inch Nails. I'm not sure what kind of analogy that is, but hey, both bands have rough lyrics and background music, but neither are "evil".

The latest albums aren't even...um...as bad? as the older ones.  

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:10 am
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-

I've never thought OOMPH! got anywhere close to the ideals of Satanism. Sure, maybe Dero can pull out a harsh voice, but demonic? Seriously. Obviously, the boys aren't out praising god in their songs (haha, Gott ist ein Popstar) but no. That girl really doesn't have a clue. OOMPH! is no more satanic than Nine Inch Nails. I'm not sure what kind of analogy that is, but hey, both bands have rough lyrics and background music, but neither are "evil".

stare um...that's something that really makes me mad when people say things like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:43 am
watchdawg77
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-

stare um...that's something that really makes me mad when people say things like that.

What, something I said? Or something they said?  

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:16 am
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-
watchdawg77
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-

What, something I said? Or something they said?

lol...not you...them. I was just emphisizing what you said. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:22 pm
Haha, OOMPH! are not satanic at all,

they are anti religious (gott ist ein popstar, if anyone has read the lyrics, they slam chrisitanity)

but not satanistic!!! they don't sound it either.

BTW, has anyone recieved Rohstoff yet, i live in england and i have to wait ages for it to be shipped to me sad  

IBUA

Gek -LaLeLu-
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:44 pm
IBUA

they are anti religious (gott ist ein popstar, if anyone has read the lyrics, they slam chrisitanity)

BTW, has anyone recieved Rohstoff yet, i live in england and i have to wait ages for it to be shipped to me sad

OOMPH! is not anit-religious. Dero at least is an atheist, but GieP was not meant to "slam Christianity". It's about how so many people go to church and claim that they follow God, only for appearance's sake and to "reap the rewards" shall we say. If you've heard the English version, Dero sings "So just give us heaven on earth now and forgive us for all our desires." I don't how England is, but that's definitely America's attitude towards Christianity. Just say you follow in God and don't follow through. In a nutshell, the song is bashing those "false believers", not God or the religion of Christianity itself.

There's a whole interview on this somewhere,I'll go find it later. Maybe...I'm such a good guild capitan, aren't I?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:42 pm
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-
IBUA

OOMPH! is not anit-religious. Dero at least is an atheist, but GieP was not meant to "slam Christianity". It's about how so many people go to church and claim that they follow God, only for appearance's sake and to "reap the rewards" shall we say. If you've heard the English version, Dero sings "So just give us heaven on earth now and forgive us for all our desires." I don't how England is, but that's definitely America's attitude towards Christianity. Just say you follow in God and don't follow through. In a nutshell, the song is bashing those "false believers", not God or the religion of Christianity itself.

There's a whole interview on this somewhere,I'll go find it later. Maybe...I'm such a good guild capitan, aren't I?

3nodding  

watchdawg77
Crew

Loyal Bookworm

19,325 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

tessa14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:56 pm
watchdawg77
-_gekreuzigt auf dir_-

A stupid thing that is commenly associated with german music....yes.
Along with the whole it's a nazi thing- or the song "Amerika" by Rammstein is making fun of (for lack of better words) of americans so there for all german music is bad,nazi,or satanistic.

but it also goes to the people who dont understand german, but lack the mental instinct to look up translations for songs that they cannot understand.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:41 am
IBUA

I know that they're not satanistic... but there're lots of people like this stupid girl I talked about in my first post in this world who don't know anything and telling us they believes in Satan and they like this music 'cause it's so demonic rolleyes

And when I can remember it the right way Dero said in an interview Gott ist ein Popstar means he's popular... everybody knows of him...  

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 pm
That girl is stupid... OOMPH!'s music does not sound "demonic". If she wants demonic german music then she should listen to some Feindflug or some Rammstein (even though for Rammstein their lyrics are no where near being satanic as well, but for those who don't know what they're singing, then Rammstein is probably their best bet rolleyes )

Because in my opinion, OOMPH doesn't sound anywhere close to being demonic. Does she even know what they're singing?

Oh and Amerika is awsome 3nodding Though they're making fun of America, I find it to be hilarious.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:37 pm
Chi-ta
Because in my opinion, OOMPH doesn't sound anywhere close to being demonic. Does she even know what they're singing?

Yeah, I think so... She's german  

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:43 pm
Yasira
Chi-ta

But does she actually speak the language regardless of being german? I don't know... There's just something wrong with this picture if you have a german girl who supposedly knows what they're singing yet labels them as "demonic" or "satanists".  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:18 am
Chi-ta
Yasira
Chi-ta

But does she actually speak the language regardless of being german? I don't know... There's just something wrong with this picture if you have a german girl who supposedly knows what they're singing yet labels them as "demonic" or "satanists".

What should there be wrong? She's just 15 years old... She's just a little teeny who thinks what he does is completely right. And when those people listen to a song like "Gott ist ein Popstar", they just think "yeah, it's against god, god is the greatest s**t I've ever heard of" and things like that. But she never said Oomph are satanists. She's a satanist by her ownself without knowing anything about satanism was it what she said. rolleyes  

Yasira

Conservative Bloodsucker

7,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:29 am
Yasira
Chi-ta
Yasira
Chi-ta

What should there be wrong? She's just 15 years old... She's just a little teeny who thinks what he does is completely right. And when those people listen to a song like "Gott ist ein Popstar", they just think "yeah, it's against god, god is the greatest s**t I've ever heard of" and things like that. But she never said Oomph are satanists. She's a satanist by her ownself without knowing anything about satanism was it what she said. rolleyes

Okay, but she still said it was "demonic" and really... I don't see what's demonic about their songs.
As far as Gott ist ein popstar and Der neue Gott, I just see it as them showing their athiest views (as someone already said).  
The OOMPH! Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff