Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:32 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa pulled herself away from Jack and came over to Cassandra's side, resting an uneasy yet slightly comforting hand on her comrade's shoulder. After a moment she looked away, hardly able to content herself with anything any longer but taking what solace she could in the comparatively friendly environment.

"Jack..." She said after a minute or so, "We all knew the risk was there, but I have to thank you. This wasn't even your fight, and you still stepped in."
She paused for a moment to hold Tessa and indicate the captain for a single moment.
"Don't let up, Tessa. When there's a will, there's a way I promise you alright?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"I would not step aside and watch everything I love go to Hell," Jack said quietly, looking away. It seemed that way anyway, and his heart wrenched painfully at the sight of the destroyed ship, and then Tessa's pain. He raised himself to his feet and walked to the side of the ship, looking out at the small white strip of land in the distance.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats:---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:12 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa slowly made her way back to the cabin and sat against a wall. Several minutes passed in silence but she finally straightened her resolve and went down to Illumine's corpse and held her hand to the fallen goddess, familiarizing herself again with the essences she had once carried and closing her hand into a fist.
"If only it could be reversed..." she whispered, "she should be able to live again."
A blade formed in her grip, an exact replica of the blade which Illumine had crushed merely hours ago.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:23 pm
User Image

Jack looked over at Calypso and then back at the collapsed deck. The goddess came over and leaned on the railing next to him. "So, goddess," Jack said. "I always knew you were strange, living as long as you did,"

"And what of you, Jack? You have changed no doubt, but you were to die long ago," Calypso said, watching Tessa. "Ever since you set out across the seas, I felt your love for the sea, for me," She looked over at Jack. "There is one thing in your heart that I can feel is stronger than your binding to me," Her gaze moved back to Tessa. "Do not let her go for someone like me Jack," She said, referring to herself as the sea, and Jack let his head drop slightly.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:28 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

The blade finished forming in Tessa's hand, and as she rose she realized one particular question had yet to be answered. She came back up to deck and looked passively to Calypso.
"If I might have a moment," she said quietly, her hand's scar finally gone, "I believe we have a common interest in need of addressing."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm
User Image

Calypso looked up at Tessa and nodded, pushing herself off of the railing and heading instinctivly for the Captain's quarters. She pushed open the door and stood in the center of the room, looking over the desk and picking up various pens and looking at them, before she set the down and looked up at the door.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa followed shortly after, closing the door behind her. After a short moment her figure shone blue in place of how Seriel once had, and she bit her lip slightly as she turned her head to address Calypso.
"I have no intention of contesting you for a rule of the elemental seas, but it seems I've faced more life-changing events within the past week alone than the entirety of my life otherwise," she explained, "as such, with the full recreation of Waeran Seriel by my own hand I've... become her, so to speak. I wanted to know your terms relating to the matter, to avoid hostility if at all possible."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm
User Image

"Rule?" Calypso asked. "I do not rule the seas, I am a part of them," She gestured out to the sea beyond the ship. "I will allow you to cooperate with me, to resume use of your abilities, but you will not," She emphasized not, sharpness entering her features for a moment before she relaxed. "Take away mine," She stood from leaning on the desk. "Do not attempt to imprison the seas,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:07 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa raised her hands as if in surrender, taking a step back and shaking her head.
"I have no intention of imprisoning anything," she said defensively, "I would never do anything of the sort."
She shook her head slightly, lowering her arms and closing her eyes in calm thought.
"Besides, you've done nothing besides show much of the same benevolence that Waeran herself showed me when I was in need. Why would I ever dream of such a cruelty?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:22 pm
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"Just making sure you understood what I wanted," Calypso said, bowing her head. "And needed," She added as an afterthought. She looked out of the window and sighed. "I will linger here for a while longer as Tia, but in time I will return to the sea. You will see me again," She said softly, not looking back at Tessa as she spoke. "You should return to Jack, he is not well," She said after a moment more. This ship is to him what your blade is to you. He has lost it once before, to have caused destruction to it has hurt him,"

[OutrageousObliviousCats:]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"I..." Tessa nodded slightly, "I understand. Thank you."
She turned to the door and opened it, already moving on her way out. Looking around, she noticed that Cassandra and Ferathi were gone, but so too were Gaelitae and Vanessa - to which she could only assume the fallen heroine's burial was in preparation.
She spotted Jack a moment later and rushed to his side, stepping in front of him with a silent concern in her eyes, her face as calm as the daytime beach itself.
"Jack, I'm sorry," she said quietly, "all this time one misunderstanding to the next has called Hell itself to our name, and I shouldn't have dragged you into this. Either way, what's done is done and if you're as willing as I am to set this chain of disasters behind us, I would like to rejoin you."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:39 pm
User Image

"You needn't ask," Jack murmured, his eyes flickering over Tessa's before going back to the gaping hole in the deck, being swarmed over by crewmen, all of them crossing themselves as they saw the fallen Goddess. He wound his hand into Tessa's and lifted it to his lips gently, eyes going back to hers.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:48 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded solemnly, taking a moment to more thoroughly inspect the damages and silently condemning herself for being so very near the root cause of it.
"I know, but still that doesn't give me the right to drag you down like I have. I don't want to," she sighed, "I don't want anything more to go wrong between us, with or without intervention."
She looked ahead to the port and tilted her head slightly to the side, a curious stare falling over her face.
"Stopping for repairs, I assume?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:00 pm
User Image

"Aye, Maheed. A good port, if you can understand the natives," Jack said. The sun shone on the water, causing a slight glare. "It should not take long, there are earth elementals there," Jack said. He chuckled slightly, remembering stopping at Maheed on his last voyage. "And a good tavern will help the crew I am sure," Jack said.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:06 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded, turning back and looking to the bustling crew for a long moment.
"If it's not too much to ask, don't put aside their own plans for my sake as you did last time. They need a break as it is, I can tell, and besides..." She motioned to Illumine's body, "even if she died a being of cruelty, she needs a proper funeral."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games