Maniacs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:24 pm
it is quite alright that you have responded. The pointless part is a reference to something that All7 had said before. i will think about what you said and try to describe better the hierarchy of value which i mentioned before.

and on the topic of superstition i think that there are many superstitions abound in every culture but that they can exist as bastardized knowledge and any source of knowledge can fall prey, even science. for example, i once was in a room full of adults and young adults some of them intelligent, in a book sense. there was a man in the house who was ill upstairs away from everyone else all night. when he came down to the kitchen to get something to drink everyone in the room covered their face with their shirts, it was obvious that they were afraid of getting sick and were attempting to prevent the inhalation of germs by covering their mouth and noses with cloth. in my mind that is a superstition because such actions will not prevent illness. even if the cloth catches the germs before you inhale them then they will be sitting there on your clothing right under your face, and how are we to know that when he leaves the room the germs will follow him?
i laughed. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:59 pm
Hhahha. You guys are arguing over a word. I am just a child. I don't even know what postmoderism, or a dogma, or anything like that means, but I still know it's stupid. the matter at hand is we have a problemb. That guy(sorry I can't recall your user name) believes that things should be loose, the walls of society should be torn down and set free(though this might not be accurate to your beliefs, this is what I managed to pick up). Abraxas and I both think, that there should not be only one way with somethings, but with somethings there is only one way. Now we can just keep saying hte same thing over and over again, or we can just stop talking. Orrrrrr.....

If we really want to solve this, we can meet somewhere in the middle.

Now, both sides have shown very fine points, however there are only three things possible.
1.there is only one awnser, perhaps only one side is right or neither was right.
2.perhaps there was more than one awnser, or perhaps it changes as the world does.
3.perhaps there is no real awnser, and it's just what you make of it.

Here is where I stand. I think both of you are partially wrong and partially right.
Abraxas you are right, you can't deconstruct things without reconstructing it, or it is just for satisfaction. However you are a little too loose. you think all of us in the end might be unified in one opinion or belief, however you only correct our opinions, and never state your own, and when you do you do it vaguely.

That guy(again I aploguise for not remembering your user name), you are right, you have to be loose, and somethings have to be torn down because they are bad, or corupted, but to tear down all things is wrong. Some things should be torn down, some things should be fortified or fixed, somethings should even be reconstructed into something new, but only some things should be destroyed forever, however those things should be kept in history, so we don't repeat our mistakes.

Secondly if you are so lose that you don't decide to do anything, and only say what we should do, then what you are doing is wrong, and isn't very sensible. It seems to me you are confuzed on what your goals really are.

I believe some things are never true, somethings are always true, but most things are allways changing. Change is hte nature of society of and life itsself. Not everything should be torn down and let loose, and not everything should be reconstructed and corrected. It's a balence act, but with proper teamwork, and a good leader, it can be acomplished.
We can't fix our problembs perfectly and efficently like ants, and we can't do it with teamwork alone like gi-joe. Instead we have to be like captian planet, or the smirfs, or the gilligans island gang. Gilligans island would be hte best example. even though they never acomplished their goal, they kept trying, and got closer each time. If we want society to change for the better, we need to vote for the best there are, with poloticians, presidents, judges, and even celebration comitte assistants. More importantly, we need to work hard, and stay within the law, to keep our economy stable.
God Bless America.

UU
UU
UUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUU  

27x
Crew

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:07 am
ooh i pick three!! threeeeeeeeee!

very good points, especially partial truths. yes, it is true that i dont always say directly what i might believe, but it is not intentional it is a habit, because in many instances it doesnt matter what i think, what my opinions are. i prefer to speak of possibilties and perspectives, i choose from those what is most useful at the moment. i havent really decided in words what i beileve, it is more of an evolution. everytime i try to write out my beliefs it either is too long and wordy or my understanding increases through the project such as by the time i am halfway through i understand the beginning differently. i am trying to find a foundation, a ground floor. but words are tricky andi doubt i will ever be able to explain clearly and concisely everything that i believe. to explain something so subtle requires an audience who can understand what you say, and understanding comes from expereince. if you have not expereinced what i speak of how can you understand me? and also how do i know what you have experienced, i dont, perhaps the two of us have experienced the same subtle states, but use different words to describe it. also if i say something and you instantly decide you agree or not, well what have you learned? if i say something that you do not understand, that is vague(as you put it) then you are required to think and perhaps discover the meaning of what is said, insted of reporting your instant opinion, not reasoned just released. and too, i have to be vague until i find receptivity then i can go into more depth, but it takes study to keep up with some people... study of both sides.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:01 pm
I don't give ground if I believe I'm right. There shouldn't be one way for anything, and there isn't, there is always multiple choices for everything.  

Deaths Krow

Severus-snape-the-second

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:46 pm
I Love all these things

Bio: Life
Necro: Death
Sophia: Wisdom
Theo: God
Biblio: Books
Teckno: Technology  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:07 pm
Cool. Guy above has the right idea, he's posting about what this is about.  

Deaths Krow

Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces