Submit

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm
Ahhhh... *Scratches head* Now, I made the Reader's Corner with the intent that everything listed be an online, immediate satisfaction type thing. But this book is available at some libraries.

So I wonder if I should put it in the 'other' category or original fiction?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 pm
Title: Abarat
Author: Clive Barker
Genre: Young adult, fantasy
Summary: It is beyond my abilities to summarize.
Thread Rating: *****
Estimated Rating: Young adult
Warnings: Awesomeness
Recommended by: Aarien
Why?: Abarat is an incredibly original series, full of rich imagery and a magical world to immerse yourself in. It is beyond my abilities to describe its awesomeness. Also, the American Library Association picked Abarat as one of its Best Books for Young Adults  

Aarien

Aarien

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm
Coleyoly
Ahhhh... *Scratches head* Now, I made the Reader's Corner with the intent that everything listed be an online, immediate satisfaction type thing. But this book is available at some libraries.

Maybe make a section for books? I don't do most of my reading online. It hurts my eyes.
-Sounds like a whiney old person-  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 pm
Aarien
Coleyoly

Maybe make a section for books? I don't do most of my reading online. It hurts my eyes.
-Sounds like a whiney old person-

Maybe an 'Offline' section located as a sub to the 'Other'. Yeah, I think I'll do that. And you even filled out the form so that makes my life easier! *o*  

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Aarien

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 pm
Coleyoly
Maybe an 'Offline' section located as a sub to the 'Other'. Yeah, I think I'll do that. And you even filled out the form so that makes my life easier! *o*

Sounds great!
Lol! Well I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post it or pm, but I figured I'd post it. I'll do my best to pick the cream of the crop of my reading material. If I post too much too quickly lemme know. Sometimes I get carried away. I burn through fantasy books so quickly. A 450 page book in one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 am
Aarien
Coleyoly

Sounds great!
Lol! Well I wasn't sure if I was supposed to post it or pm, but I figured I'd post it. I'll do my best to pick the cream of the crop of my reading material. If I post too much too quickly lemme know. Sometimes I get carried away. I burn through fantasy books so quickly. A 450 page book in one day.

o_o' Let's put it this way: It has to be notably one of your favorite books ever. Please don't bury me. D:  

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200

Aarien

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 am
Coleyoly
o_o' Let's put it this way: It has to be notably one of your favorite books ever. Please don't bury me. D:

Well, Atwood is definitely my new favourite author. The reason I posted that one is because of all the cultural and ideological and theological references it has, not to mention a heavy element of both the positive and negative aspects of feminism. Also, the character Moira is a lesbian.

Abarat is more suitable for kidlets, but is also awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 am
Aarien
Coleyoly

Well, Atwood is definitely my new favourite author. The reason I posted that one is because of all the cultural and ideological and theological references it has, not to mention a heavy element of both the positive and negative aspects of feminism. Also, the character Moira is a lesbian.

Abarat is more suitable for kidlets, but is also awesome.

Good then!

... I need to renew my library card. I'm pretty sure I still have my third-grade signature on mine and I haven't used it in years.  

Coleyoly

Fluff Powerhouse

20,650 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers