Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soul Eater Rivals (Open & Accepting)

Back to Guilds

It has been 30 years since the original Soul Eater story and now DWMA has a new rival, another school. 

Tags: Soul Eater, Anime, Roleplay, Romance, Action 

Reply --Mission Forum--
Mission: Trip to Atlantis [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VibrantGoddess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:47 pm
XV_Xarso_XV

Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

The high sea battle had continued. As the fighting escalated it seemed that victory was favoring the crew of the Blue Cruise. The pirate vessel was taking on water and fast. With Illo leading a direct attack to the ship's hull it was only a matter of time before the sea claimed another victim. While the pirate ship was slowly being devoured by the sea Blake continued his assault.

Bodies were sent flying in the air as Blake put on an impressive show. Armed with his staff Blake was nearly untouchable. Fear began settle in the minds of the pirates that remained on the sinking ship. As a few brave souls mustered up the courage to challenge Blake trouble was brewing on the Blue Cruise.

A loud slap echoed deck as one of the pirates delivered a fierce back hand to Zoey. As soon as Zoey fell to the ground the Pirate hoped onto her back. The man held her head down , while he used his free hand to unfasten his help. Zoey released a terrifying scream. Humphrey tried to help Zoey but two of the pirates saw to it that he didn't. With the mercenaries busy dealing with the pirates Zoey was all alone.

"Tough words from the daughter of a common whore!" The pirate Captain taunted.

The Captain managed to use his saber to help him avoid some of Fleur's crystals. The Captain was actually pretty skilled unlike the rest of his crew. After dodging a crystal he would occasionally return fire with his flint locked pistol. But once Fleur began firing lasers it became too much for the captain to handle. He was overwhelmed by several of the multicolored rays of destruction.

"That all you got land lover. I'd expect that from a trashy whore like you." He taunted one more.

Rising to his feet the Captain pointed his Saber towards Fleur.

"Kill this b***h men."

As instructed several of the remaining pirates rushed towards Fleur.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:58 pm

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

Sabrewolf123

VibrantGoddess

(hello?)

User Image
Illo

If Illo could've celebrated aloud he would have. The plan seemed to be working, and he was able to bring the ship down unopposed. But he needed to speed things up.

Taking to larger, graceful really, Tai Ji movements with his hands, Illo began pumping water controlled by his telekinesis into the enlarged hole he'd made. The object here was not to fill the boat manually, but to import what was to become for all intents and purposes a giant cannonball into the ship and then rip it out.

And that's just what the wandering monastic did. When he had enough water in there, about enough to take out a quarter of the East side of the hull, Illo twisted his body under water and, gritting his teeth, pulled with all his available telekinetic might that aqueous wrecking ball straight through the lower left quadrant of the pirate vessel.

Now nearly out of air due to the effort, Illo teleported himself to a place on the Blue Cruise out of fire: the place he'd come to meditate it earlier. Concentrating, he was able to regain his breath and use his soul perception to get an idea of what was going on upstairs. There was a battle with a human with a strange soul and one with a seemingly normal one. Illo thought it strange until he realized the "normal" soul wasn't wavering in the least. He left that alone. Then there was Blake, whom he didn't know by name at this point but by his soul's strength.

There were several others with weakened souls, but they all had a tint to them... Pirates? Two of those weakened souls, however, stood out to Illo. They weren't as tainted as the pirate souls. Illo feared the worst and teleported immediately to them.

"I've heard it said," said Illo making his obligatory tough guy entrance, "the pirates only board a new ship when their's is sinking." He pointed with his thumb to a piece of horizon behind him with the sinking pirate ship mimicking the sun. "You're fight is with me now." The monk readied himself to take them out in a traditional Wing Chun stance.

Phoenix Mode: On 5%

Corvo Bianco

Mega Galaxy

8,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sabrewolf123
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:38 pm

Corvo Bianco

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

[Guess I'll keep going?]

leur De℣alentine✤

User Image

I am the Princess of Madness

Fleur was too enraged to even respond when she heard the insults of the pirate Captain. Instead she lost her cool, exploding into her second form and sending a jarring shockwave across the ship. It might have been overkill but she was pissed. Large waves rocked the ship for a moment as Fleur Devalentine grit her teeth and clenched her fist. The soul protect had shattered like cheap glass so it was now beyond obvious that she was a kishin. "Well come on then!!" She yelled, her voice now demonically distorted. She rushed straight towards the Captain sending crystal rockets and beams in every direction, not even caring what they hit as long as they hit something. Any pirates who got in between her and the Captain bitten and ripped to shreds by Fleur's vampiric new abilities. She didn't even slow down, literally tearing straight through them to get to the Captain. As soon as she reached him her crooked, jagged wings extended around him in a circle with all the bright crystals pointing inwards towards him. "Trash this, you scum-sucking sea rat," she growled before firing all the crystals at him point-blank.

And in the end, all will kneel before me

Abilities:

+Vampiric Physique: Fleur is able to attack with her fangs and claws she grows in her second form. (This attack can be used in 2nd form and final form, it is stronger in her final form)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:29 am
XV_Xarso_XV

Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

User Image

((Thank you for remaining active guys. I don't know why the others stopped posting.))

Thanks to Illo the pirate ship was now sinking into the depths of the ocean. The remaining pirates began the tremble at the sight of the monk. Without their ship to back them up the battle had been decided for the pirates. Even the pirate, who was about to rape Zoey, turn tail and jumped ship. Even thought the crew aboard the Blue Cruise claimed a victory the pirate Captain continued his fight.

Shot after shot the Captain continued to harass Fleur. Eventually the little kishin had enough abuse and reverted back to her true form. Upon releasing her soul protect a massive wave of energy rocked the ship. Some of the pirates jumped overboard immediately but those who stayed were massacred by the barrage of crystal rockets that soon followed. Fleur was out of control and in her current state she managed to injure one of the archeologist and kill one of the mercenaries.

Zoey stared at Fleur. Unlike Humphrey who was completely shocked by the transformation, Zoey's face was filled with concern.

The Captain wasn't fast enough to react to Fleur and before he knew it he was trapped. A cool sweat ran down his back once the crystals bound to Fleur's wings began to glow. The Captain took a deep breath and replaced his fear with a twisted smile. In his final moments the Captain hulked up some cold in his throat and spat on Fleur. Spiting on one's executioner was by far the ultimate form of disrespect.

"Aye yah wee wench. A glorious death awaits me. Shame that it will come from the hands of a b***h." He taunted.

Seconds later the captain was completely obliterated by the Fleur's attack.
Humphrey held in his vomit as pieces of the Captain decorated the Blue Cruise. Zoey approached Illo from behind and placed her hand atop his shoulder.

"Thank you for all of your help Illo. You saved the crew and myself in the process."Zoey said in a kindness that she hasn't revealed before.

Remaining at Illo's side Zoey now focused on Fleur.

"So you decided to reveal your true form." She said in a strict tone. "Fleur I knew what you were the moment I started into your eyes. Against by better judgment I allowed you to board my ship because I thought your strength would be essential to this expedition."

"Wait a second you knew she was a kishin the entire time? Zoey how did you..." Humphrey interjected.

"Not now Humphrey." She said sternly.

Upset by the lost of their comrade the mercenaries gathered together and drew their blades in front of fleur. They rallied men yelled and shouted ready to strike if need be.

"All of you stand down. Lower your weapons now! I'm paying you to protect the crew not to start fights." Zoey shouted. "Fleur just answer this question. Will you keep your word and continue to protect this crew for the duration of this expedition?"

"Zoey you can't be serious, she's a kishin she will devour our souls."

"Stay out of this Humphrey." She shouted. "Fleur what is your answer?"  

VibrantGoddess

Corvo Bianco

Mega Galaxy

8,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:02 am

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

Sabrewolf123

VibrantGoddess

sighwhatever

King of Neverlands

Huh... Not bad!

User Image
Illo

There was no shame in running from a fight which you had no hope of winning. Illo knew this; as one who spent his time trying to hone his skills and forget his pride, for it was almost simple addition: you live to continue training AND you shrug off man's oldest sin. Win-win much? If anything this was his true mission: to teach others this valuable lesson by being the toughest S.O.B he could be.

But what was life without competition? At the very least it would make the struggle against the aforementioned sin a lot more hollow. Illo'd sensed power like this before, and though he didn't like to categorize it he knew this was the wavelength of a kishin. He took a few steps up to the red-eyes-blonde-demon and stood about a meter from her, silent, unblinking.

"... I trust you." A smile replaced his normally stoic puss. "I have met some of your kind before, in my demon hunts." That mightn't impress her so much as make her angry, but the monk held up a hand. "They are not so different from humans; there are bad and there are good; and I destroy the bad. Needless to say, I'm not destroying you therefor you mustn't be bad." Hard to argue with logic like that. So straightforward. He turned to Zoey.

"I will be in my chamber meditating. Should you need me, all you need do is think it." He said before heading off to his private temple below deck. If the crew wanted him, they'd be welcome to join the monk there.

Phoenix Mode: On 1%

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:57 pm
Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hooooooooo? A rather large bellow could be heard from the side of the ship the pirates had originally boarded. It was Blake, or at least it sounded like him as he was nowhere to be found. Water would burst forth from the sea, sending large torrent up in a narrow column. It twisted rather violently the higher it moved before crashing on the deck of the blue cruise. Before Fleur stood the same young man from before, only now he now held a large treasure chest along with his silver bo. I can't say I'm surprised either, no oddball with a soul that plain gets away without at least a distortion or two. Plus, it's always the weird ones, can't say I'm not the same though. In a flash Blake's own soul protect came off, revealing his own unique soul once he dropped his treasure chest to the deck. The other mercenaries would only get slaughtered if they tested her any further. The meister's steps were headed for Zoey, dripping with water the whole way there.I trust her about as far as I can throw her, which is pretty far. Unlike the monk, I haven't seen the good in her kind, which is to be expected. But know she'll be put down if need be. He had the means to bind powerful so worrying wasn't an issue. His attention went straight to Fleur, looking her dead in the eyes. You look like you could blow off some steam, wanna go at it for a few or can you cool it? With the time he spent fighting Blake still had energy to burn, plus with the pirate's loot he felt extraordinarily ecstatic. The seen however, was not. He could make out the captain's mutilated body scattered across the ground the more he'd examine the deck. Good grief, what'd he do to deserve this?

[ Condition: ???]|[ Soul Wavelength: Stable/Calm]|[ Energy Output: ???]|[ Souls Collected: ???]|[ Equipment: C.O.R.E. (Grimoire) Yeoui (Demon Tool) ]

Shundō: Assault Hunt: This skill utilizes the user's powerful leg strength while simultaneously increasing the users speed by concentrating energy around the soles of one's feet to the rest of their legs. Although it doesn't increase the user's strength, at high speeds, the attacks can still be strong enough to break metal bare handed. With enough consecration one can even kick off of the air itself. Blake's technique when utilized reaches up to Mach speeds.

XV_Xarso_XV

Fanatical Zealot

Sabrewolf123
Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Corvo Bianco

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

leur De℣alentine✤

User Image

Fleur quickly wiped the Captain's spit off, a disgusted expression on her face. She then kicked the largest piece of the Captain she could find, knocking it across the deck and over the side of the boat into the waves. "Yeah, enjoy your glorious afterlife as chum," she muttered angrily. She then flashed back to her regular form, no longer bothering to hide who she was. She turned to face the others as they gathered to face her. She eyed the mercenaries first. What were they so pissed off about? She didn't realize she'd killed one of them, figuring they were just reacting to the fact that she was a kishin. She turned to look at Blake giving them all her normal, haughty/pouty look. "Oh no, I don't think so. I've dirtied myself enough for one day without touching the likes of you." Illo's comment was next and her bright red eyes shifted to him. She raised an eyebrow at his strange statement. "You....do? Okay...," she replied. Well, that was strangely easy. In fact, it was so strange that she didn't believe him for a second. He had to be lying or hiding something. Normally she'd be curious as to what, but right now there was bigger treasure to find.

Her attention finally turned to Zoey. Her eyes widened ever-so-slightly in surprise as Zoey seemed to have known her identity the entire time. But as always her mask of apathy was broken for only a second before it returned. "Oh well, you were certainly right about that," she replied when Zoey gave her reason for allowing Fleur on-board despite her identity. She ignored the mercenaries who seemed to be bristling for a fight. She could blow them away as casually as she had the pirates. If they wanted to attack, they were welcome to; they wouldn't get close enough to touch her. When Zoey asked her about keeping her promise Fleur had to do everything in her power to bite back a laugh. Keep her promise? Oh sure. Right. Fortunately Humphrey was wrong about her devouring their souls. She had no such plans. She simply considered such a vulgar act of mass killing just to eat beneath her. She had better taste than that. But Zoey wanted her to promise to protect the crew? She put her hands on her hips, straightening up slightly with a self-assured smile as her wings spread wide the crystals returning to their normal, vertical state. "Of course I will. A promise is a promise, right?"

Abilities:  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:26 am
XV_Xarso_XV

Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

After a long and eventful day the sun had finally sunk into the horizon, while the stars danced across the bight. The crackling moon watched as the Blue Cruise lowered its speeds and drifted along the ocean waves. The slow and steady rocking of the ship may have caused a few of the passengers some motion sickness but to those use to traveling it was a peaceful ride. Most of the crew went down into the lower decks to turn in for the night.

While most of the crew was asleep Humphrey manned the helm of the ship for the first watch. Zoey on the other hand sat on a bench in the mess hall sipping on a fresh batch of coffee preparing to relieve Humphrey from the ship's controls. Zoey had questioned if she had made the right choice to allow Fleur to continue traveling with them. At least she had Blake and Illo to back her up but the thought of a Kishin aboard was nerve wracking.

-Ok guys feel free to rp among yourselves, interact with npc, or explore the ship for a bit. The story will continue once the sun rises  

VibrantGoddess

Corvo Bianco

Mega Galaxy

8,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:10 pm

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

Sabrewolf123

VibrantGoddess

User Image
Illo

(It's a bit long, so you don't have to read it unless you're planning to interact with Illo at this point. Sorry... sweatdrop The point is, you can interact with him if you want. So please don't feel that I'm only posting to myself. I'm sorry if I give off that vibe. redface )

Illo found in most ways, on most days he tried, he followed the sun or at least mimicked it; and as it sunk into the ethereal duat, its path only to be assumed, so too the monk began his journey around the other side of what could be known. This was the perfect opportunity. For a while he'd kept his third eye open in the same way it had been open during the fight with the pirates, whom he did not loot for the record, despite it inhibiting his trip into Bardo for reasons of safety in case of another attack, but eventually he was pulled in by the swift and undeniable undertow of curiosity.

To the outside world it may have appeared as if the monk had actually fallen asleep because of this; having no more glowing forward and having lost all distinguishing evidences of power from a normal human would leave to the eye a man sitting there with the most surreal look of emotions taken, somewhere imperceptible no doubt, and blended until they were complimenting each other and then blended up and elevated again until they just... Weren't. To evaluate it honestly, those who carried soul perception were able to see a soul which was probably smaller and more frail-looking than Zoey's (no offense, Zoey! sweatdrop ).

But all this would produce an air of mystery, as the monk had become notorious for. Within the minds of those observing his movements earlier, clear witnesses to the power he'd had, and, not having soul protect, seeing Illo "hide" this power now was tantamount to making an elephant disappear; even to go so far as to let the crowd come up and touch the air were it once was standing. The beast had moved, suppose? Into the subconscious of those spiritually aware, the dichotomy: paranoia and the strange fear one finds when the mind confuses the unknown with the unknowable in a world in which things like this should honestly be clear-cut, and the ultimate in esoteric faiths in the trusting of this man to protect them despite this and the inevitable theory that he might have in fact been above it from the beginning.

The inside was a special treat, especially for those who have experimented with certain substances--but we won't go there!--if they were able to see inside the monk's head. There were colors there which could not be described without forever dulling their true brilliance. The sky itself was determined by the mind; and there was a space between wherein all thought manifested its ephemeral guises. There was a feeling throughout the body of shrinking; meanwhile the body and lower aspects of the mind were pulled down into a void at the adventurer's choosing so that the soul, uninhibited, could sore beyond the aforementioned sky-gap to another jnana.

At the moment of his decision to leave his third eye behind, the monk inverted the entire process, which ultimately could not bring him to the place he'd wish to go. At around ten AM that night Illo had finally broken through! He'd reached Bardo, the place he'd only had the time and proper conditions to travel to twice before. The first was before his inauguration as the next Iron Phoenix (destined to bring balance to the force!). The second was during his wanderings after meeting his partner Melanie and Ren Gitsune at the hotsprings.

He was in a space outside of time right now. Illo could spend as long as it took, or more accurately how long he could stand in the ethereal trial, to get the desired results. And it was a trial. This is what Illo was referring to earlier when he'd told the crew he'd been on "demon hunts." Thousands of them came at him, testing the resolve of the mystic with temptations, fights, conundrums, all the stressors of man's soul. To offer perspective, it is said that on the way through Bardo into the next incarnation a soul is visited by ten thousand demons. While Illo didn't have the strength, which was only due to his ties to this life after all, to make the leap through all ten thousand, he still would make good use of the training and wisdom to be had there in Bardo. It could be thought of as gaining perspective on the soul's level; if Illo was able to test the blade of his consciousness in the fires of Bardo, which by nature aimed to extinguish it, then what in this world could possibly threaten his soul?

Phoenix Mode: Off

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:25 pm
    Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

User Image

By the time night his Blake had secured his stolen loot in the room they'd provided him. But he wouldn't be staying his room, he wasn't interested in sleeping tonight. Traversing the lower deck after his shower left him bare foot and shirtless. It wasn't a matter of where his cloths were, but a matter of how their condition. He did steal from a sinking ship, the ocean doesn't great even on a good day. "Oh no, I don't think so. I've dirtied myself enough for one day without touching the likes of you." Fleur's remark was the only thing that ticked him off during the whole experience. First she unleashed her strength without concern for anyone else, then she got back on her high horse once she cooled down. This was one person he couldn't deal with in a sane state of mind. Grrr... that b***h, I'll show her how dirty she'll get. Mumbling to himself until he reached his destination. The deck of the Blue Cruise was much colder than before, the night as starry as it could get before Blake moved. Leaping to the mast the meister started what would be a five repps of intense form training. From their the he'd land back on the deck, going through the motions of various forms without rest. It was their he'd sense Illo's soul, giving off pressure inorder to lure him closer.

ooc: don't know if your on the deck, just bored.

[ Condition: ???]|[ Soul Wavelength: Stable/Calm]|[ Energy Output: ???]|[ Souls Collected: ???]|[ Equipment: C.O.R.E. (Grimoire) Yeoui (Demon Tool) ]

Shundō: Assault Hunt: This skill utilizes the user's powerful leg strength while simultaneously increasing the users speed by concentrating energy around the soles of one's feet to the rest of their legs. Although it doesn't increase the user's strength, at high speeds, the attacks can still be strong enough to break metal bare handed. With enough consecration one can even kick off of the air itself. Blake's technique when utilized reaches up to Mach speeds.

XV_Xarso_XV

Fanatical Zealot

Sabrewolf123
    Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
    • Happy Birthday! 100
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Jolly Roger 50
    PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 pm

Corvo Bianco

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

leur De℣alentine✤

User Image

Fleur walked through the dimly lit lower decks, surrounded by darkness. Her wings were folded tightly behind her due to the cramped quarters and the crystals were dimmed. The brightest light in the corridor was her unnaturally red eyes. Though she wasn't wandering pointlessly; she had an objective. She could sense the man named Blake on-deck. The nervous man who was Zoey's right-hand man was manning the ship and Zoey was somewhere about mid-ship. The strange man had a weird, fluctuating wavelength but he seemed to be stationary so she wasn't going to bother him. What she was really interested in was what was in the bottom deck. The strange, refrigerated contents of the cargo that was loaded onto the ship before they left intrigued her. Especially since Zoey didn't want any of them messing with it. It had to be pretty important. She wanted to know what it was, but she had to be careful. Not because she was worried about being hurt or punished but because alerting everyone else would be very troublesome. She slowly walked up to the door to the freezer, feeling around it for the handle. "Hmm...wonder what we have in here?~" She asked quietly before pulling the door open.

Abilities:  
    PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 am
    XV_Xarso_XV

Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

User Image

Once Zoey finished her second cup of coffee she walked back to the deck of the ship. The brisk sea air was exactly what she needed to wake herself up. After a brief stretch, Zoey moved to the ship's controls to relieve Humphrey from his duties. She patted her trusted assistant on the shoulder and smiled.

"Tag I'm in." She said cheerfully.

"Thanks I could use a break."

User Image

Zoey's cheerful expression changed to stern glare. She quickly snapped her to the side as if she had sensed something. A small vein popped up on top of her head.

"What's wrong Zo?"

"It's nothing never mind." Zoey said shaking off her concerns.

"Careful it looks like a fog is rolling in." Humphrey said pointing towards the distance.

With Humphrey heading downstairs, Zoey took control of the ship. Zoey's anger flared once more. Something was bothering her and it didn't help matters once she saw a half naked Blake performing some sort of training regimen.

"Hey Blake!" Zoey yelled. "You already signed the waver form so if you fall off the mass and die I won't be responsible"

I swear these DWMA students are so weird. I just hope he will have enough energy for tomorrow. Zoey thought to herself.
    Humphrey sighed heavily once he heard Zoey yelling in the middle of the night. Since he was going to get any sleep he decided to grab a cup of coffee. After taking his first sip of the fresh brew Humphrey noticed Illo. At first he had thought that the monk was meditating, but he had no idea the journey the man had gone on.

Humphrey approached Illo and placed a hand atop his shoulder.

"Need some coffee." Humphrey questioned.

The tone blow deck had shifted into something much darker. Throughout their expedition Zoey had stressed that numerous times that no one was allowed below deck. Being the curious little fiend that she was Fleur had managed to disobey the one rule that Zoey put into place.

The first thing that Fleur would have noticed was the extreme cold from the lower deck and that was with the freezer door closed. There were dozens of weird machines and equipment the blue light emitting from under the freezer door drew Fleur in like a moth to a flame.

As Fleur drew closer she should have been able to pick up on a feint and delicate voice. The tender voice was the only one to be heard but person seemed to be having a conversation from within the freezer.

"Again, again please sing it again. You can sing for my father real soon." The tender voice stated.

It would have taken a fair bit of strength but once Fleur finally opened the freezer she would have been greeted by a bone chilling gust of wind. The freezer was very large but deep in the very back the three wooden boxes that Zoey cherished stood but they weren't alone. A young girl sat on the ground besides the boxes stoking her hand gently against the wood.

User Image

The young woman whipped her head around and stared at Fleur. Her bright blue eyes seemed strong enough to pierce through any man. Despite the freezing temperatures the young woman barely wore anything as a matter of face she was barefoot yet she was not bothered by the cold in the slightest.

"You shouldn't be here. You're interrupting their song." The girl said in a tender and timid tone.

It was an odd feeling but if Fleur was able to sense souls she would have not been able too pick up anything on the girl. the strange thing was that there was no soul protect active. However there was an aura of purity surrounding the young girl.

Back on the upper deck the thick fog had enveloped the ship.  

VibrantGoddess

Corvo Bianco

Mega Galaxy

8,825 Points
    • Perfect Attendance 400
    • Tipsy 100
    • Risky Lifestyle 100
    PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:31 am

XV_Xarso_XV

Sabrewolf123

VibrantGoddess

User Image
    Illo

All of things that were going on, Illo would be aware of none of them. The clause about distractions was only effective in the preparing to leave for Bardo; once he'd actually gotten there it would have taken a lot more than some yelling, a zealous midnight training session, or even physical contact to bring him back. It would be more accurate to say he was unaware of any of it, completely dead to the world.

Inside the veil of consciousness Illo was doing what he did best: beating the everloving crap out of some wannabe demon kings. The mystic was a pure astral projection at this point, and so was limited in movement only by the conceptual capacity of his mind; and his power was infinite, anchored only by the steadfastness of his soul.

And he'd need every inch of it. The demons of this world were on a completely different level than what the waking world had presented the monk with. Needless to say the aforementioned rules on power and resiliency applied to these creatures as well here. They may have in fact been simple demons training in the lost mystic art Illo was practicing now; or deeper yet might have been humans just like Illo turned into demons by the swift ether of blinded perception; or they may have just been the "bad" parts of Illo's soul, and what awaited him when he'd beaten all of them was a purified and therefor ultimate soul.

All digressions, but the latter seems to hold a special foreboding in that Illo could never seem to defeat all of them. The former is a cute theory, but hopelessly hopeful in its implication that an individual could retain their ego and still wander about Bardo as if it was some kind of Second Life for the spiritually inclined. The middle option seemed more likely than the others as the monks hadn't taught these ways to any demons, and because of that as far as they knew they hadn't picked it up on their own, so it was perfectly feasible, but inevitably far-fetched as well, that these massive demons which had blasted and punched and bitten the monk were his own brothers, the three thousand...

Ah, another disappointing outcome. Suppose this was true. Two immediate realities surface: the three thousand in the Iron Phoenix Monastery were not enough to cover the ten thousand of the Bardo journey; for which they could recover the numbers by simply repeating and changing forms to promote the illusion of ten thousand demons, and the monk was not yet strong as he thought he was; for these demons were always stronger in Bardo than his comrades were in the waking world; adding to the evidence that Illo was more ready physically than mentally or spiritually to be Iron Phoenix and certainly not ignoring the implications that Illo could not see past this ruse and that his brothers had been more or less putting him on for his entire life.

Whatever the case, the matter at hand was fighting. Illo had been in Bardo for about twelve hours by now. Whatever had happened up there, how much "time" it took, Illo did not play by those rules. This was great, though! His soul was holding up quite well. Suppose the warmup with the pirates might've had something to do with it? No matter what it was, Illo had only spent this kind of time in Bardo the first time he went in, and that was during the inauguration ceremony. During that trip Illo was Sherpa'd along by his brothers with the help of a giant tele-conducive field to stabilize him. Despite the theories above Illo was making clear progress in this lost art of training the soul.

Demons and whatever else came it him fell to the uninhibited fist of the Phoenix. At times it looked like a sun was being born, the brightness of the energy flying all around was so intense! Other times it looked as if the demons and Illo were dancing in an out of time; whenever he'd met with demons there who could edit space-time as he did there was always a dizzying, blurring fight to follow. But Illo superseded these in the end and claimed more---tiredness?--for his soul. A brief moment of reprieve, catch the imaginary breath, then continue! That was how Illo would ascend to unparalleled heights.

At one point a demoness with six arms came at him. This fight was more difficult than the rest--he could tell because the others had paused to watch--and forced Illo to use the illusory lead. It was a technique he'd sworn not to use in the first world because it was simply "no fun." It combined Illo's proficiency in the mystic arts of space-time conversion, illusion manipulation, telekinesis, and martial arts to produce something that, for those without access to foresight and mystical powers of their own, was an unavoidable onslaught. And there he would remain, fighting infinity.

Phoenix Mode: Off

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:13 pm
      Sabrewolf123

Corvo Bianco

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

User Image

The form training took the young warrior across the deck under the starry night. Even for a human his speed alone was immense, moving through various patterns without dropping form. Even with his soul protect on Blake was swift in motion. Between his fifth rep a familiar voice caught his attention on the mast. It was the Zoey, steering the ship as Humphrey moved on to the lower decks. She had a safety warning for him, breaking his concentration in the process. A bit of his sweat had found its way between the meister's foot and the mast, causing him to slip off. However his balance saved him, landing with one foot on the deck. What. The. Hell!!! Today just wasn't going well for Blake. It's not like a fall from the that height could kill him, but why is it people can't tell when others are trying to concentrate. He'd kick off once his toes had gripped the deck, moving at blinding speeds before appearing beside Zoey. A slight bit of aggravation could be found the more Blake leered at the woman. Just then, you almost were reasonable for my death. He'd respond in a rather dry tone, not one to make a seen at night. Finding a need to change the subject, the young man sat off the side of the deck looking out into a vast fog approaching. So, what do you make of that kishin you're keeping on board? Do you really trust her? You know she'll end up wreaking something, so why let her stay? The fog from before had encircled the boat slowly before Blake kept his wits on guard.

XV_Xarso_XV

Fanatical Zealot

Sabrewolf123
      Vice Captain

Swashbuckling Werewolf

6,150 Points
      • Happy Birthday! 100
      • Treasure Hunter 100
      • Jolly Roger 50
      PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:05 am

Corvo Bianco

XV_Xarso_XV

Pro Slap

VibrantGoddess

leur De℣alentine✤

User Image

Fleur shivered as she walked into the room, feeling the cold air rush over her. She folded her wings close against herself and powered up her crystals. They began to hum faintly with energy, though only just enough to produce enough heat around Fleur to keep her from shivering. She didn't want to unthaw anything that should stay frozen or trigger any chemicals that reacted to heat. She raised an eyebrow when she saw the strange girl at the other end of the room. Fleur watched the woman carefully as their red and blue eyes met. She had a piercing, somewhat haunting stare. "Oh, were they auditioning?" Fleur asked in a slightly sarcastic tone. She hadn't heard any singing on the other side of the door, but she was listening carefully now in case it became audible. To say that Fleur was nervous would be an overstatement, but she was definitely wary. The fact that the girl gave off no soul was enough to cause concern. "Whose song have I interrupted exactly?" She asked as she cautiously stepped forward. "And what's in those boxes? Anything important?"

Abilities:  
      --Mission Forum--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas