Reply Wicked: A New Musical
Wicked Irony Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:38 pm
i love that song, but the when i was reading the book a while back i started to cry, because i was sad that elphie was excited to actually meet her true father and he was out to have her killed and gotten rid of...oh and she was also in the Wisard and I it says "I'm so happy i could melt" made me so sad and i know a girl who every time she sees Wicked she cries, because she is soo happy(she has read the book 6 times and seen the play 8 times)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:26 pm
Wow, thats soo lucky!
I get to see it this saturday!

kandyluveer
Crew

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 pm
jelous...i've only seen it once and that was last Sunday, i loved it and have a Wicked wall paper on my computer...i can't wait till Wicked comes back to San Fransisco, i had to go to L.A. to see it  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:34 pm
I saw it!!!
IT WAS GREAT.
mrgreen

kandyluveer
Crew

Elphie_defies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:37 pm
i know  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:18 pm
kandyluveer
Another one
and the tinman is Boq who hurt Nessa so elphaba punished him so now he dosnt have a heart...

In the book it just turned out like that, she was trying to save him  

blondie_sheilds

Eriks Little Lotte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:34 pm
*Sigh* I saw it on Sunday and I spent the entire ride home talking to my friend about how it was diffrent from the book (which she started reading and never finished...grrrr). I still love the musical but I agree that it doesn't fit with the original story that well (or at all really).  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:03 pm
Eriks Little Lotte
*Sigh* I saw it on Sunday and I spent the entire ride home talking to my friend about how it was diffrent from the book (which she started reading and never finished...grrrr). I still love the musical but I agree that it doesn't fit with the original story that well (or at all really).
i know but they couldn't make it just like the book and i think it's better that they didn't because of some of the things that happened in the book  

Elphie_defies

Eriks Little Lotte

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:36 pm
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte
i know but they couldn't make it just like the book and i think it's better that they didn't because of some of the things that happened in the book

They could have made the storyline at least resemble the book's...it was almost nothing like it at all. I agree that they would have had to cut some of the scenes (not children appropriate...) but still...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:44 pm
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte

They could have made the storyline at least resemble the book's...it was almost nothing like it at all. I agree that they would have had to cut some of the scenes (not children appropriate...) but still...
yeah, but then some of the songs would be cut, but they should of atleast have the whole ama thing with ama Cultch dies and the whole rusty nail thing  

Elphie_defies

Eriks Little Lotte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:11 pm
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte

yeah, but then some of the songs would be cut, but they should of atleast have the whole ama thing with ama Cultch dies and the whole rusty nail thing

That wasn't really important to the story tho...and I can understand why they cut some of the later scenes (like with Fiyero's family and Elphie's son) because they would have made it too long and unneccesary but mayhap they should have taken a minute to explain the Time Dragon that kinda hangs over the stage the whole time...I'm sure that confused a bunch of people that didn't rea the book.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:31 am
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte

That wasn't really important to the story tho...and I can understand why they cut some of the later scenes (like with Fiyero's family and Elphie's son) because they would have made it too long and unneccesary but mayhap they should have taken a minute to explain the Time Dragon that kinda hangs over the stage the whole time...I'm sure that confused a bunch of people that didn't rea the book.
Actually the only reason that Elphie is room mate with Galinda is because her Ama wasn't there or else she would have had someone else as a room mate  

Elphie_defies

Eurgh

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:00 pm
Everything in Wicked has some sort of irony if you look for it. Before, Nessa chided her sister for her witchcraft, and later calls herself the Wicked Witch of the East. It was, ironically, Boq's love for Glinda that left him heartless and unable to love if one takes that phrase figuratively.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:08 pm
Eurgh
Everything in Wicked has some sort of irony if you look for it. Before, Nessa chided her sister for her witchcraft, and later calls herself the Wicked Witch of the East. It was, ironically, Boq's love for Glinda that left him heartless and unable to love if one takes that phrase figuratively.
good point  

Elphie_defies

Wickedefied

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:50 pm
blondie_sheilds
kandyluveer
Another one
and the tinman is Boq who hurt Nessa so elphaba punished him so now he dosnt have a heart...

In the book it just turned out like that, she was trying to save him

Yes. It was pretty apparent in the scene.
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies
Eriks Little Lotte
Elphie_defies

Actually the only reason that Elphie is room mate with Galinda is because her Ama wasn't there or else she would have had someone else as a room mate

I love that part of the book, and Ama Clutch's illness and everything, but they did that scene really well in the play. I don't regret it. They had to cut some things. However, Fiyero's family is an important part of his life, and an important part of Elphaba's. Sarima is one of the main characters in her way. it's important that they be recognized. I think they should have put that in instead of making him the love interest of the play. That's not his character.  
Wicked: A New Musical

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff