Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:11 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Oh, I thought she might make a good figure head, but," Jack kissed Tessa's forehead softly. "Whatever you would like dear," He said. His thoughts turned to another person he would love to string up as a figurehead and his breath hitched for a moment. "What do you say to marooning a certain prisoner on a nice cozy island?" He asked Tessa, turning towards her.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats:---]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:14 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

"Scarlett?" Tessa giggled, "Ah, but I never did get my chance to speak with her Jack. That much you promised me, and I don't believe I've forgotten."
She drew Seriel from her side and held it in offering to Jack with a smile.
"Would you mind holding onto this while I speak with her? I'd rather she not be intimidated by my simply carrying a weapon."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:19 pm
User Image

Jack chuckled and took the sword. "Very well, I can see no harm in it. Just be sure not to believe a word that vile..." He cut himself off and sighed. "There is no telling what she will say in all honesty, just be careful," He said.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:26 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa smiled, turning away to the hole and coming to a crouch as her hair shone bluer for a moment, an imitation of the water's own splendor even. She hopped down and continued to the brig, stopping just short of Scarlett's cell.
"I would ask if you had a moment," she said cooly, "but it looks like you have all your life already. Are you aware of the situation going on here, Scarlett? Your life's in jeopardy, and as much as I'm sure you love this ship it would be worth nothing to you with your own life taken. I'd rather help if it will get you to realize this is no longer your ship to claim."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:10 pm
User Image
Scarlett------------------------------------------
------------------- Diena

For three hundred years
I have sailed the seas.
Taking the ship I once served under.

Scarlett tipped her hat up and sat up from her lounging position, gripping the bars and peering through them. "Ah, is that what it is now? You are wanting to make sure that Jack remains in control of his ship?" She laughed. "You would only do so if you were so inclined to help the man. As for my life, that was taken long ago, and was given to the dogs on that island as Jack left me there, my throat ripped out, lingering on the edge of death. I do believe he owes me something," Scarlett said while her eyes narrowed. "The only reason I was brought back was for this ship, so why should I leave?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:22 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"This is out of my hands, Scarlett," Tessa confessed, "but I do know when presented the offer to have you marooned on what I'm guessing is that same island I'd think you might understand mercy when it makes a case to let you off where you can get a ship to rightfully claim as your own."
Tessa smiled, taking a step away from the cell and slowly making her way back to the stairs, pausing every now and then as if in thought.
"But, I suppose if you'd rather be stranded without a means to live, I could just as easily see to it that he have his way too. I have to admit your pride has done you no good by this point."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm
User Image

For three hundred years
I have sailed the seas.

"You think this is pride? You think this is pride! No! This is revenge, and I will have it! Jack Cortez will pay for what he has done to me!" Scarlett yelled, her voice nearing a shriek. "He will die a thousand times over, and live without his ship a thousand times again. He will pay!" Her fury was relentless inside her, and she struck her hand against the bars of her prison. Even with her strength the metal did not bend and Scarlett's hand was split open. She glared at Tessa, crouching lower in the cell, and falling silent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:48 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa stopped and turned slightly, leaning up against the wall and smiling.
"Well, I can imagine there are worse ways to make you realize your own sheer stupidity. Trapped on an island knowing full well you could have easily negotiated yourself into a possibly beneficial situation can't be kind either. That, and I wonder just how many goddesses you fail to realize are standing in Jack's defense, myself aside."
She stepped forward, taking a brief look around with a shrug and a slightly wider smile.
"Consider this; you can either spend your life rotting away on an island with none but yourself to blame or you can walk... mostly free with none to thank but myself. Surely you're not so stupid as to refuse such an offer?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:51 pm
User Image

For three hundred years
I have sailed the seas.

"Calypso needs me just as much as you or Jack in her little scheme. Who the Hell do you think raised me?" Scarlett asked. "I will not negotiate with someone who has taken my life from me," A flicker of envy jumped into her eyes as she also realized what lay unspoken in those words. She had not just referred to Jack in that sentence, but she lifted her chin anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:56 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa sighed, turning back to the stairway and taking a few steps up.
"I tried to help you, Scarlett. Between pride and idiocy I guess you've chosen your own fate. Farewell then."
She continued up the way, without another word. As she leveled with Illumine's body she took a moment to encase it in ice and utter a brief prayer - or started to until she realized it was in fact herself she was praying to.
After several minutes she returned to the cabin and dropped into a chair with a sigh, pondering many times over how little mercy seemed to be appreciated on the seas.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm
User Image

"She is as stubborn as an a** and just an unintelligent," Jack said from where he was on the balcony. He turned from the sea and went inside of the cabin. "You cannot say I didn't warn you," He said, holding Tessa's sword out to her, holding the blade's flat side so that the hilt was pointed towards Tessa. "Your sword, my lady," He said with a grin. "I can assure no harm came to it,"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:09 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Your la-" Tessa stopped as she turned and saw her own hair, "-well... that's certainly interesting. Thank you, Jack."
She lifted her weapon out of Jack's grip, taking care not to risk any cuts on his hand. For a moment she examined her hair, quite intrigued by its sudden ethereal appearance, though just as quickly it settled to its natural blue hue.
"Alright then, that's... interesting," she admitted, "but please, at least to you my name is Tessa. I don't want any of this fool grovelling, please... I don't even feel like I deserve having divinity to my name for all that's happened."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 pm
User Image

"And I would have thought by now that you would know that I jest," Jack said with a grin, bringing another chair before Tessa and sitting in it. "And divinity I must say suits you nicely," He said, his eyes running over Tessa with a shadow of a smile on his face. "Action or not, sometimes you need to be a bit vainer than that love," He murmured, bringing his eyes back up to her face, a full on smile making an appearance.

He opened another bottle of rum and poured two glasses of it, leaving one on the desk by Tessa, and drinking from the other. "Be a pirate for once, it'll do you some good," He said.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:28 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"No, Jack!" Tessa said with a slight giggle, "I'm rather contented with where I've stood in life so far, please don't take it from me. I'm fine with living on a ship, but I don't think I'd do well with appearance or manner of a pi-"
A sudden blankness of expression fell over her face as her every fiber calmed in focus, though over perhaps half a minute she smiled.
"My mother sends you her kindest regards," she said, "and her best wishes with several apologies."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm
User Image

Jack stopped in swallowing for a moment and nearly choked. "Your mother? Apologizing..for..?" He asked, genuinely curious. The mere fact that Tessa had communicated with her mother by means unknown to him rather intrigued him. He also worried that her mother was apologizing for the future. The fact that her mother would even know about him...he stared at the rum bottle before taking Tessa's glass and draining it, eyebrows furrowed as he watched the bottle.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games