Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:49 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa laughed, "Apologizing for you having to find yourself in love with a goddess who is more accustomed to mortality than divinity, for having her youngest child caught in your care, perhaps even that you have to put up with me."
She leaned back slightly, her smile playing slowly across her face as she mentally listed every last possible thing her mother could have apologized to Jack for, but she shrugged it off.
"I think that about covers it, why?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:58 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack laughed, his worries alleviated for the moment. "It was nothing," He said, pouring another glass of rum. "Perhaps the paranoid still that you would leave," He confessed after swirling the run in the glass. He drank it, throwing his head back as he did so, and set the glass on the table. He reclined back in his chair and regarded Tessa. "You...aren't planning on leaving, are you?" Jack asked, furrowing his brow.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats:---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:05 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"I doubt it," Tessa laughed, "I doubt I could part you from your ship nearly long enough to call it leaving for me to stay with you."
She looked to the glass of rum sitting before her and thought for a moment before gently sliding it away from herself. She leaned back again, folding her hands behind her head with a relaxed sigh.
"I'll have to give up my taste for drink though. Goddess or no, I'm still embodied as a Half-Elf, and I'd hate to imagine what would happen if a goddess of the sea on a ship would do if drunk."
She had to laugh though, reaching out to slide it fully to Jack's half of the table.
"Did I ever tell you what happened to Illumine before all this began?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:09 pm
User Image

Jack shook his head with a smile, silently wondering what would happen if Tessa got drunk, and looked at the glass with a slightly mischievous grin before letting it fall off his face and be replaced by a curious smile. "No you haven't," Jack said, looking back at Tessa. "What did happen to her to create such a psycho, controlling, seriously mislead-" Again he cut himself off.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:17 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa narrowed her eyes, but in remembering that Jack had only known Illumine as an enemy she held herself in check.
"She was raised, Jack," she explained, "Illumine Kerael used to be one of the more respected - however lesser - members of the Keirisan Divine Council. She was among the majority when the Council fell into ruin though, at the same time the elemental goddesses sealed themselves away in their respective blades. Well, then the one responsible for all this madness raised her as a vengeant. Illumine was always cunning in thought, graceful and thorough in action. Sadly she was manipulated in her rebirth though, and she knew nothing of kindness any longer. I know she would have hated what she became, and she deserves a proper rest Jack."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:27 pm
User Image

"I still say she would make a beautiful figurehead but," Jack rose from his seat. "I suppose once we reach port I am sure something could be arranged," He would not let go that Illumine had nearly killed Tessa numerous times, had killed Vanessa, one of his crew, caused Tessa to almost leave. He walked behind his desk and rummaged through the drawer, looking for something. "Dammit Scarlett," He said under his breath as he shuffled through charts. He flipped out his dagger and pried a slab of wood away from the bottom of the drawer, revealing a hidden compartment. "Ah, there we go," He said, looking at the course for Isle de Mortina. He pinned it onto the desk and set his glass on the edge. He then resumed his seat and drank from Tessa's glass. "Isle de Mortina is not far from here, I would love to deliver a present to that island before we sail to wherever we please,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:33 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"Jack!"
Tessa stood suddenly, but just as quickly gave up on her every attempt to allow Scarlett any mercy. With a sigh, she dropped back down to her seat and rested her forehead in her hand.
"I'll keep watch over the crew, this is one venture I refuse to take part in. Besides, I'm under obligations to keep myself restrained; I doubt full manipulation of the immediate waters would satisfy a common friend of ours if I went so far as to do it. It would be a shame if the same thing happened to you again as last time in any event."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm
User Image

Jack chuckled and waved his hand nonchalantly. "Fine, let me have all the fun," He said. "Makes no difference to me," He laughed quietly and looked over Tessa again, his eyes flashing burgandy. He couldn't help but remember the blood of the battle and he stood up slowly. Jack walked out to the private balcony of the cabin and breathed in the sea air. They were still a few hours from port, and the winds were not cooperating.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:51 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa got up and followed him to the balcony, resting her arm across his shoulders and simply watching the surroundings with vague interest.
"It's for the crew's safety Jack... to say nothing of my own distaste for leaving someone to die."
She looked behind her for a moment and smiled faintly, her hair again cascading its oceanic qualities, but she paid it no honest mind as she put her other arm about him and pulled him lightly to her, a mix of emotions falling over her expression.
"Just, promise me you'll take care of yourself when you're gone. It wouldn't be any better to lose you either."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm
User Image

Jack closed his eyes but had to smile. "You don't honestly think I am setting foot on that island do you?" He asked, opening his eyes, darkened slightly in hue now, but nothing that was alarming. He turned his face towards her and smiled. "No, she can swim all the way to that island and watch me sail away with my ship," He said, touching Tessa's face with the back of his hand. He let his hand drop and turned back towards the ocean, holding Tessa's hand with his own.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:02 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa sighed, giving up for what she felt as the fiftieth time on understanding the reasoning behind Jack's willful and nearly-hellbent cruelty. Still she looked out to the sea, hardly able to sort through her own thoughts, for question of even where they would lead her.
"I suppose I will just have to count yourself among those many things I will never understand," she confessed, "but all the same the one holding claim to my heart. I suppose I'll have to figure out how that happened some other day."
She smiled and let out a breathy laugh, dropping her head on Jack's shoulder and watching the seas go by.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:07 pm
User Image

Jack chuckled and fell silent, until he decided to make a statement regarding not being understood. "I make a point not to be understood. Otherwise, I would be the same as...William. I wonder what happened to the camel anyway..." He did not speak again for a few minutes, mulling over this before he asked a question. "What do you think about a cat, for the ship?" He asked Tessa. "A small one, just to keep the crew entertained,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa picked her head back and gave Jack an inquisitive yet skeptical stare.
"A cat? Jack, what in all crazed existence do you think a cat would do on a seagoing vessel?" She asked, "and furthermore... why do I get the feeling the entertainment of a cat to the crew would cause the loss of said cat's life sooner than any relief be attained?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:21 pm
User Image

Jack raised an eyebrow and looked at Tessa. "You honestly believe that I would let do anything to my cat?" He asked. "Besides, cats keep down the rat population," He said, touching Tessa's chin with his forefinger softly. "And rats are a problem for men who need to eat," He said rather seriously before grinning.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:45 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa felt her cheeks redden slightly, a slight giggle escaping her at the continual line of reasoning to Jack's suggestion.
"Alright then, get a cat," she said simply, "just don't blame me for its attitude if I have to rescue it from off the ship. I'll probably have enough feline blame on my hands already if I were."
Again she laughed before turning back to the cabin and leaning casually against the balcony railing.
"So... after your little drop-off and repairs, what did you have in mind?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games