Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Back to Guilds

Tags: Yuri, Shoujo-Ai, Role playing, Literate 

Reply -=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-
[Chat] The ChatterDeck! (Official Guild Chatterbox) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rassilon of O l d

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:18 pm
DeirdreTonbo
If girls are allowed to play guys in yaoi RPs, then guys can play girls in yuri RPs, in my opinion. There are plenty of male writers who write convincing female characters out there. biggrin

The majority of my characters are female. It always struck me as so hypocritical that these females go ahead and write gay male characters at the same time they complain about guys who write lesbian characters. Where would we be without double standards?

It's quite refreshing to see more open-minded people here for a change.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:31 pm
Need more RPs! scream  

Aenakume

Akai_ryu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:19 am
@ Aena - We have more RPs. No one's askin' to join. Although...I'm still thinking of a Warehouse 13-like RP or something for the new Charlie's Angels series that's now getting cancelled. Also, if you post stalk D, there's a Ravenclaw RP out in Barton.

By the way, Rev? You should totally watch last and the current season of Warehouse 13 and tell me if it isn't more than a little bit slashy between Myka and HG.

And...back on the current topic of discussion...As Rev and D know, I'm rather bad at writing any characters that tend toward feminine. I just can't wrap my head around them. Telling guys that they can't write female characters would be rather ridiculous on my part.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 am
I'm always up for new stories to take on, although I prefer one x ones as opposed to groups. With that in mind I've posted a request thread in the one x one forum in case anybody wants to check it out.

It seems like many people in this guild aren't particularly active. Have they all disappeared?

Rassilon of O l d

Katherdante

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:36 pm
What is going on with that damn dragon rp? surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:39 pm
No one's asking to join the guild? Or the RPs?  

Aenakume

Akai_ryu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:40 pm
@ Kath - What's going on? Absolutely nothing. I finished putting it up, decided to leave the name as is and...yeah. That's about it.

@ Aena - Dunno. Both?

@ Rassilon - Hmn...pretty much, I think. Sort of like those people who PM you for an RP then disappear after you figure out a plot.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 am
Akai_ryu
@ Rassilon - Hmn...pretty much, I think. Sort of like those people who PM you for an RP then disappear after you figure out a plot.

Tell me about it. I've had that happen to me so many times. Why do they even bother taking the time to plan something out if they're going to disappear the next day? Many people on this site really need to learn some respect and courtesy to their fellow writers.

It's just another reason why finding someone decent to write with here is often a frustrating task.  

Rassilon of O l d

Jerohan

Blessed Knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:26 am
IcyWind Glaceon
DeirdreTonbo
If girls are allowed to play guys in yaoi RPs, then guys can play girls in yuri RPs, in my opinion. There are plenty of male writers who write convincing female characters out there. biggrin

This. I know for my part, I'm a male, and...well while I may not probably be able to write a convincing female character right now, I will certainly try my best. Besides, working from all different angles is something a writer should try
Oh, CHRIST have I been the victim of that dumb-s**t double standard so many times... I get slammed with the 'I'll play yaoi and yuri' but then get hit with 'I only play yuri of the RPer is a girl' so often that when I actually asked to join this guild, I felt obligated (and nervous) to ask if that was OK with the guild.

I'm thinking of starting a yaoi RP search thread just to slack some girls in the face with that... but I won't. I'm not THAT big an a*****e. razz

Also, if we can get some more emmbers to show interest in it (and if I can come up with some ideas to amke the RP more interesting and have a better story), I'd be more than happy to restart The Defenders.

Also, I understand about weeding out the crappy RPers, elitists, and creeps. Been one of the cyber fiends myself ( braces self for the incoming shitstorm), but I also feel the pain of trying to weed through those for someone who wants a damned god story.

So, ladies, your not alone. I feel y'all.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm
I like to try persistence. Thus far Jero is the only person other than myself (and probably red) to have shown any interest in borrowers, if no one else nibbles I'll take it down and try something else here soon. Eventually I'll find a game that people want to play in.  

DeirdreTonbo
Captain

Sweet Senshi

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:16 pm
Jerohan
IcyWind Glaceon
DeirdreTonbo

This. I know for my part, I'm a male, and...well while I may not probably be able to write a convincing female character right now, I will certainly try my best. Besides, working from all different angles is something a writer should try
Oh, CHRIST have I been the victim of that dumb-s**t double standard so many times... I get slammed with the 'I'll play yaoi and yuri' but then get hit with 'I only play yuri of the RPer is a girl' so often that when I actually asked to join this guild, I felt obligated (and nervous) to ask if that was OK with the guild.

I'm thinking of starting a yaoi RP search thread just to slack some girls in the face with that... but I won't. I'm not THAT big an a*****e. razz

Also, if we can get some more emmbers to show interest in it (and if I can come up with some ideas to amke the RP more interesting and have a better story), I'd be more than happy to restart The Defenders.

Also, I understand about weeding out the crappy RPers, elitists, and creeps. Been one of the cyber fiends myself ( braces self for the incoming shitstorm), but I also feel the pain of trying to weed through those for someone who wants a damned god story.

So, ladies, your not alone. I feel y'all.

No incoming storm for cybering. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the member's jacket. But that was many years ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:31 pm
Jerohan
IcyWind Glaceon
DeirdreTonbo

You're welcome. ^_^ ~invented the policy years ago~

I always thought the double standard was ******** rude - especially because I'd see the same girls go yaoi-nuts with guys and girls, then turn around and say "girls only" for yuri. Believe me, I know how shitty sexism feels (woman in engineering... yeah... I get it a lot), so it really bugs me to see people who should know better doing it back the other way.

Years ago I thought it was just a fad that would die off when more people pointed out how ******** sexist, hypocritical, idiotic and rude it was, but... it's still going strong. -_-

Guys, don't be ashamed of who you are. Anna will protect and comfort you! ~opens arms~ Naturally, I do this only for selfless, innocent reasons. ~waggles eyebrows~ ^_^  

Aenakume

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:07 pm
Yes, run into Anna's opened arms, and take comfort in her warm bosom...it'll be the last joy you'll know.. before she sucks your soul out like the fire-haired temptress succubus she is, and that we do so love heart >.>  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:39 pm
Revan Star
Yes, run into Anna's opened arms, and take comfort in her warm bosom...it'll be the last joy you'll know.. before she sucks your soul out like the fire-haired temptress succubus she is, and that we do so love heart >.>

Yes, but no soul-sucking on the first date.

Unless you're cute.

Or you can drop good science fiction quotes to seduce me. (Yes, the way to seduce me is to quote science fiction... but it has to be good science fiction.)

Or you feed me cheese. (Yes, my pants do drop for cheese. It be like: "OHAI Anna, won't you come in." "Oh, no thank you, it's getting late." "I have good Havarti." ~flop (sound of pants dropping)~)  

Aenakume

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:44 pm
Aenakume
Revan Star

Yes, but no soul-sucking on the first date.

Unless you're cute.

Or you can drop good science fiction quotes to seduce me. (Yes, the way to seduce me is to quote science fiction... but it has to be good science fiction.)

Or you feed me cheese. (Yes, my pants do drop for cheese. It be like: "OHAI Anna, won't you come in." "Oh, no thank you, it's getting late." "I have good Havarti." ~flop (sound of pants dropping)~)

What if a person is cute, can quote good science fiction, and has good cheese to feed you?  
-=|The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild|=-

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff