Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Mezzanine Floor
Off Topic/Out of Character Only! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 365 366 367 368 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velitis
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 pm
Kurai_Yamino
*sneaks back in* long time no see.

Haiyo Kurai! How was your time away?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:12 pm
It has been long too long.... 17 months away from my family and away from gaia.. in utah......  

Kurai_Yamino

5,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Velitis
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:31 pm
Kurai_Yamino
It has been long too long.... 17 months away from my family and away from gaia.. in utah......

You're back home now, though, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:15 pm
Better question: What the hell is in Utah? O.o;  

Chase Westenra

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:21 pm
better question, what does Kurai think we should do now?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:35 pm
I still think something sci-fi.  

Velitis
Captain

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:05 am
well Im good with that then, if everyone else is, we should work on plot ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:19 pm
That idea of Steampunk really reminds of FMA. Just saying. Anywho, a sci-fi sounds like a new twist to go with.

another note, book twelve comes out on tuesday. That makes me somewhat excited. I'm hoping it'll generate enough buzz for more roleplays to pop up.

On another another note, HI KURAI!

On another another another note, I believe Utah is the Mormon capital of the world, but that's just what I've heard.  

Stalus

18,925 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Chase Westenra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:59 pm
I quasi dated a mormon guy once... It didn't end well. Yea, I'm excited about book 12 but not sure when I'll be able to pick it up, might have to end up stealing Blair's copy or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:27 am
Didn't realize book 12 was out so soon..

Man, I've lost touch with the story. Guess I'm just tired of waiting. But, I do have a gift card waiting to be used.. Looks like I found a book to read.

And I have a couple ideas to toss around for the sci-fi plot. I'll throw them up later today when I have more time.

For right now.. off to work.  

Velitis
Captain

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:52 pm
well here is my humble and quickly thought of contribution.

The dominant race of the galaxy has staved off an Extragalactic menace for decades, showing little signs of stress on their otherwise peaceful society. The other races of the same galaxy, less technologically advanced than that of the dominant one, have always relied on them to mediate peace between warring factions and trade with during times of need.

Now, and without warning, the dominant race has vanished, leaving behind large quantities of their technology and the Extragalactic menace on the doorstep of their helpless charges. While many different races and factions negotiate a very tenuous peace, beings of all sorts race to figure out the mysterious disappearance of their guardians. They have little understanding of the technology or their new enemy, but they must learn quickly or die...

The [insert awesome name here} is but one of the many ships exploring this mystery and forging a new defense against the enemy. This is the story of one desperate search of truth and the eventual fate of the galaxy. Dun, dun, duuuuuuun  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:52 pm
I dunno Kai... that seems... convuluted.  

Chase Westenra

Kai Karasurei
Vice Captain

Green Rabbit

14,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:02 am
Andrew Windsor
I dunno Kai... that seems... convuluted.

*glares*

its a mix of Stargate, Star Trek and Star Wars.....
I was thinking of calling it Trek of the Gate War Star....or something.

giggle

I was just thinking that unless we take a world already thought of, anything we do needs to be complicated enough to dive a story AND have enough loose ends that someone can jump in at the drop of a hat.

ooooh How about a starcraft RP razz or halo  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 am
Ugh. No Halo. And Ugh. No Starcraft. That's just gonna make me cranky about SC2 coming out "soon" (as dubbed by Blizzard.. which could mean the end of next decade).

I had conjured this thought up for a story.. tends to have loose ends and be crafty enough that we'd be mobile and the eventuality of enough plot points... Of course.. I know all the little details. This story has a lot of possibilities to it.

Several centuries from now, humanity develops working light speed and faster than light travel and begins reaching out into the universe. During an outing, alien technology is found. This highly advanced technology is the key to even faster travel through space and the eventuality of "wormgates" (or gateway stations that rip wormholes through space for "instantaneous" travel). During the first experimental venture through this wormgate, a highly technologically advanced planet is discovered.

It's been completely abandoned and left entirely intact.

Humanity begins harvesting technology from it, returning pieces to Earth for examination and reverse engineering. This process goes on for months before a few strange cases of sickness are reported. As time passes, more cases are reported and it finally breaks into a pandemic. People begin dying from this sickness and the scientists can't discern what the source is.

Earth is quarantined. Ships may land on the surface, but no ship is allowed to leave. The military fires upon any vessel violating this planetary directive. Those in the stations and medical ships orbiting the planet, as well as the more distant bases and stations are permitted to conduct business as usual. The few rare cases of sickness away from Earth are treated with extreme conditions.

Several ships had been recovered from the alien planet and were being studied while orbiting Earth. One of these ships, the [insert clever name here], has a mix of militia and scientists aboard. Due to the size and apparent military prowess the ship possesses, it is carefully guarded against pirates. The scientists stumble across a dormant AI, inadvertently activating it, to which it begins shutting off non-critical parts of the ship from the scientists and rockets them out the system.

During the dashing escape, the entire crew of the [insert clever name here blacks out. Only a few survive the experience and those that do wake up to aliens aboard the ship holding them hostage while they search through the vessel.

Of the handful that survive, there is great confusion to what happened, what will happen, and that there still needs to be a cure found for Earth.  

Velitis
Captain

Velitis
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:51 pm
Oh, and don't freak out everyone.

I moved threads.

And changed the name to something more.. uhh.. obscure and confusing.  
The Mezzanine Floor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 365 366 367 368 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games