Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:35 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

"Jack... what about the crew?"
Tessa looked up, caught off-guard slightly by a slight breeze flowing from within the same room. She laughed softly and dropped her head again.
"Alright, you win... Thank you, Jack. I may never understand why but I can still be grateful at least, can't I?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:41 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack chuckled. "Aye, I suppose you could," He looked around for a moment before smiling.
"I do hope you know there is a bed, and you may sleep there if you would like," He said, indicating it with his head.
"And I might be able to find something for you to eat as well, if you so desire," He added as an afterthought, even as he made no attempt to move.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:46 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa smiled, unmoving. She brought up an arm about his shoulders and let it fall limp to his back.
"Oh, but I don't need a bed," she whispered, "I have you."
She closed her eyes, still motionless as she smiled on. She lifted her head to give a small kiss at his jawline and opened her eyes yet again, a curious glint in them.
"Unless of course, you would prefer I bother sleeping."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:52 am
User Image

With a chuckle, Jack looked at her and shifted his position so he was a little more comfortable, and could support Tessa better.
"It seems that you have a thing about not sleeping love. It is healthy you know," He said teasingly, touching his lips to her cheek before bringing his face away again with a sigh, a sigh that went with humored lips.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"I can sleep when I'm dead, Jack," Tessa said with a small smile, "besides, how can I sleep with so much on my mind? Goddess or not, I still maintain the life I hold as who I'd have preferred to be. Thank you though."
She closed her eyes and rested her head in Jack's shoulder, her breathing slowing slightly.
"At least I have as much assurance as you've shown so far."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:18 pm
User Image

Jack's jaw clenched as she mentioned her dead, and looked away for a moment. He thought to protest against her further, but held his tongue. There would be no sense in doing that now. Still though, if he could only reach Mr. Porter to change their bearings. Perhaps a larger island, half of which the crew could have to themselves, and the Duchess could stay with him...

Calypso leaned over the railing of the ship and looked down at the waves rolling by. Something did not sit well with her and she looked behind her, half expecting someone to be behind her, but only saw the normal activities of the ship. There was still something though...something. To anyone watching her, Calypso might have seemed paranoid, as she kept looking to the sky, then to the sea, and then ahead of them. "No problem love,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm
User Image
}------Fienna Morael------{

I have seen many falls.
Many deaths, countless uprisings.
Even now, it calls my name.
And I have answered.
Death comes unto me,
But I do not repay Death...
I pay it forward.

A pinkish blur shifted above the ship, the as-yet unseen Hellspawn watching with little interest at the goings-on beneath her, and to Calypso in particular. With little regard to her own well-being, she descended to land delicately balanced on the railing several paces from the goddess, eyes narrowed with her scythe behind her.
"I'm not about to meddle in affairs that aren't my own, but I think it might prove interesting to know your position here." She gave a slight laugh, rolling her shoulders back, wings adjusting to maintain her balance, "You are not the same as you show yourself to be, and yet you step down to their level. Why?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 pm
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"I do not step down to anyone's level, I merely do not rise above it," Calypso said, centering her gaze on the ocean in front of them. "They need me and I oblige," Her gaze flickered over to Fienna, eyes narrowed slightly. "I am not as selfish as to pretend I do not see the needs of mortality. They are as crucial to the scheme of life as we are," For a moment she regarded the Hellspwan before searching the horizon again, brows furrowed together.

[OutrageousObliviousCats:]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:41 pm
User Image

I have seen many falls.
And I have answered.
Death comes unto me,
I pay it forward.

"They have nothing though," Fienna said quickly, "nothing but their own interests to hold. Take the girl you so errantly protect. Either of them, even... What does it matter what happens in so short a time as mortality sees to live? Death is the natural state of all life; it is the struggle against it that defines mortality. What difference would it make if they faded?"
She spun her scythe behind her, deftly angling it such that it fell against her back and arm with the blade angled away from her.
"Look about you. What value is there in any of it?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:48 pm
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"Can a vampire survive if there is no blood? Can one of the Fae truly live or truly die if there is not a mortal's love? Can a Goddess truly be happy if there is no one there to call to her?" Calypso asked sharply, turning quickly to the Hellspawn. "Without mortality, death grows hungry, and takes those that should not die, and causes chaos. Without mortality, there will be no immortality. Mortality in its singularity is small, brief...pathetic. But as a whole, mortality is vast. The heavens are filled with more of man than any other race, would you rather it change?" Calypso paused for a moment, eyes searching Fienna's. "And you. What would you hate if there was no mortality?"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:54 pm
User Image

I have seen many falls.
And I have answered.
Death comes unto me,
I pay it forward.

Fienna stepped off of the rail, her wings folding into her back with a smirk.
"My point exactly. Take young Tessa for example. She has lost her only follower as the incarnation of Waeran Seriel, and to that she is forced into a near-mortal frame holding between the lives of both as best she can. Need she suffer? Need you decide her fate for her so arrogantly?" She laughed, "And yet that I live is proof of your words, but what in the end does it mean to anyone? I am the daughter of Death itself, raised by a mother who was used only to grant me life. A creature borne of divinity and mortality, with no love of either. All that remains left is what falls between; the Supernal. That has always been my objective, and remains as such."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:00 pm
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"Near mortal frame? So yet another thing you pretend to know," Calypso laughed, her eyes hardening into an icy blue, sharp in gaze. She looked away though, and to the sea, her gaze saddening ever so slightly. Hurt by both mortality and divinity, but yet, she would not let...this foolish child win. "Deciding fate? Even I do not control those cards. No, I guide it like my currents, and gently fan it like a flame," Her lips curled upwards and her eyes darkened. "Just because one suffers does not mean others do not,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:11 pm
User Image

I have seen many falls.
And I have answered.
Death comes unto me,
I pay it forward.

Fienna laughed as she leaned back against the shaft of her scythe. A wave of deathly energy wove down her arm as she rose it to inspect the solitary soul of the departed within her grasp, eyes alight with mild amusement.
"You know as well as I do eventually it will all end," she said calmly, "mortality will fade, and divinity will be lost to memory. Eventually all life will be snuffed out, and for what?"
She lowered her hand, crushing the soul in her fingers with a faint cry of pain issuing from its annihilated formation. She looked up to Calypso, eyes as cold as ice.
"Supremacy. What began as a mere struggle for life has facilitated itself so much that now all that matters to so many is becoming the greatest. I pretend nothing, and yet I think you're evading the facts here. My immediate concerns could be cast aside as easily as the death of a lone man, but enough stands between me and my goal that I doubt it will be made easy."

Tessa's eyes shot wide, a look of worry crossing her face as she looked out the window then back to Jack.
"Jack. I can explain myself later, but you need to find someplace safe, and soon..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 pm
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"You will not touch him!" Calypso hissed, her eyes betraying a fierceness that bordered on maternal. "Nor will life merely cease. You are right, there is far too much in your way for your plans to even begin to unfold. You are but one being, a twisted, harsh, and mislead being, but a single one at that. Even you cannot live without life, and death will not exist," She stepped between Fienna and the door of the cabin with a glare.

Jack looked at Tessa with surprise and stood up carefully, looking around.

"This is a ship Tessa, where would I hide?" He asked, looking out to the balcony with an arched eyebrow. He put a hand on the doorframe and squinted for a moment before cursing, before arching an eyebrow. "Unless another ship would work. Would it? I think it would." He said, cocking his head to the side as he observed sails coming up close behind them, with all too familiar colors. "Its the company," He murmured.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:36 pm
User Image

I have seen many falls.
And I have answered.
Death comes unto me,
I pay it forward.

Again Fienna laughed as she took a step back and brought her scythe to bear.
"You seem to mistake how easy it is to deprive a man of what he stands on in the open seas. An interesting dilemma, particularly considering your preconceived notion that I have any love for life at all. Even should I die, so long as I carry my soul to my name I will return until there is no reason for me to do so. As for the rest, I'm interested in knowing what a goddess would do between her identity and a crisis..."
Her wings sprung from her back and she rose into the air, her scythe raised above her. With a single quick movement, she swung it beneath her, a large blue cleaving force following outside of her own reach, moving directly to the bottom of the ship's hull.

Tessa sprung to her feet, stepping away from Jack as she closed her eyes. Her breathing as indicative of a mild panic as the burst of blue over her figure, it slowed significantly as the entire ship's movements halted, the upper rims held by a massive surrounding of ice.
"Jack, you'll have to forgive me but I think keeping us all alive long enough to avoid disaster calls priority over condition here..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games