PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:06 pm
NEWS FLASH

for those interested.
I'm going to see Enchanted tomorrow, Expect review heart
in other news
I know you people have been watching movies mad  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:45 pm
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

I know its not a movie, but if you watch the whole thing straight through it might as well be. Le Portrait de Petit Cossette is an anime OAV (basically a mini series). I think its about 3 episodes. Its regarded as a goth-loli anime but in truth it also fits well in fantasy and horror. So guys can like it too.
The main protagonist, Eiri, works in an antique shop where he finds a beautiful glass, but Eiri sees visions of a young girl and falls in love - only to have his love tested with his life.
The animation/art is very well done. These are the same people (well mostly) that worked on SoulTaker (another series, although very odd is visually stunning) and the character designer who did Naruto although this anime is of a higher quality and has a great deal of naturalism. But what I really love is the music. Its haunting with both the instruments and the vocal work (despite not understanding japanese or french).
Very dramatic, beautiful, and something to watch. There's a bit of blood in it if you don't like that sort of thing but its not all that much.
English dubbing is good, the person who does the voice of Eiri is the person who did Albert (silent t) in Gankutsuou as well as Ichigo in Bleach and several others. Apparently he was a Power Ranger too. In japanese its a woman playing him. There's a lot of that going on.
But yeah, I downloaded the soundtrack. Loving it. Think you'll enjoy it.

TRAILER: Le Portrait De Petit Cossette

domokun domokun domokun domokun and a half domos.  

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:49 pm
Thank you boss 3nodding I might have to watch that in the future heart **adds review  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:57 pm
Your welcome. If its one thing Anime Expo is good at its introducing new things.  

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:23 pm
True that.

REVIEW TIME

heart I've been Dreaming to find a good movie, and I think I finally found one heart

ENCHANTED

As a small review. Poor Giselle just wanted to live her happily ever after, unfortunately the wicked step mother had other plans and sent her to where there are no Happily Ever afters...New York. WILL GISELLE MAKE IT BACK TO HER LAND OF DISNEY??!!
Now admittably this movie is...kinda campy I guess, but that is with full and complete intention, thus it makes it a pro instead of a con. Disney should get an award for making fun of itself so well. While the sound track wasn't full of hard core awesome, it was very princessy and catchy, just as Disney songs are lol. And dude, it's just awesome, the first 15 minutes or so of the film is in 2-d, and they must of had their older members cracken in happiness cause it looked damn fine. So was the make up art as well!! Oh My God I've never been so disgusted by a bad guys face in my life gonk *her teeth were just....ew*. Honestly, even if your not a hard core Disney fan such as my self, you will most probably laugh very hard at this one if you have ever seen a princess movie in your entire life (or movies that try).
Also, it's a great GREAT date movie cause maybe you can get your guy to catch the hint to be all romantic and stuff afterwards wink (and girls can learn to be enchantingly happy most the time)
Love all around, this was just awesome, and haha! I could only tell EXACTLY what would happen at the end...about 34 minutes Before the end 3nodding That's good, as I have a horrible knack for it.

K, so go buy those tickets!!

4.5 out of 5 domokun

I would give it a 5..but the chipmunk annoyed me a bit  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:17 pm
Wow, Another good review from Rad. Lets see. The next great looking movie to come is. Sweeny Todd! Tim Burton almost never dissapoints me.  

Destructo Kid

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:03 pm
oh yea baby, Tim Burton + Johnny Depp is an almost instant hit.

except for Ed Wood. I didn't like that one so much, however it was Tim Burton's first film that was critically acclaimed...but viewer disappointed.

Poor Burton can never get the two right rofl **most of his films are cult hits, but critics hate them  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 am
Tim Burton and Jonny Depp, Why yes, I agree. They Make a great team.
And to critics that hate them, Kiss it. blaugh  

Destructo Kid

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:03 pm
I saw Sweeney Todd at a Melodrama theater and its a wonderful dark humor piece. Burton does dark well and Depp and good at humor. Should prove to be a nice film; hoping it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:41 pm
The Golden Compass

First off, let me say that this movie makes a lot more sense if you have read the books. However, having read the books, the ending was a tremendous disapointment. They left out the last two chapters, which contain some very important things. I can only assume that is how they are intending to start 'The Subtle Knife,' although I think it would have been better to leave it where it belonged. I also found it interesting that in the credits it said the movie was based on the book "Northern Lights." Last time I checked the first book in the 'His Dark materials' trilogy was called the Golden Compass>>

I really enjoyed the movie, right up until the disapointing ending anyway. I absolutely loved seeing things from the book come to like the way they did. Pan was as adorable as I'd assumed he would be, Lyra was great, Nicole Kidman made a wonderfull Mrs Coulter. Iorek wasn't quite how I had pictured him, but he came out ok. Iofur was a little strange in the movie, and his doll didn't resemble Mrs Coulter at all. (His armour made me laugh) They also were calling him by his last name through out the movie. (For those who are confuse, Iofur is the bear king, Iorek is the bear Lyra hires.)

I really liked how pretty the aleithiometer was. It worked a little different than in the book, since she could see the pictures in the dust instead of just having to guess at the meanings of the pictures to get her answers. They also mostly skipped over the fact that each picture has a lot of meanings, and how many times the hand passes over it is which meaning you want, like 'stepping down a rung of a ladder to deeper meanings' as Lyra puts it.

Another thing I really liked was the special effect of the Daemons dying in an explosion of sparkly dust. It made for pretty battle scenes, although I will admit some of the battle scenes were rather chaotic and it was hard to tell what was going on. I liked how the witches were portrayed except for the fact that they all looked identical. I was also slightly disapointed that we didn't get to meet Serafina Pekkala's daemon.

For the most part I found the movie to be all I had expected of it. The only thing I really hate is how they chose to end it. I also think the music was a little too overboard at times. It didn't need to be quite so...epic. It was good music for the most part, it just didn't quite fit the tone of the movie.
Anyway, I would give this movie about domokun domokun domokun domokun domos. I'm sure people will disagree with rating it so high, but I absolutely adore the book and with the exception of the ending the movie just made the book better.

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:57 pm
I would like to see it myself, but I would feel irrationally guilty beyond all belief...

I can say that for the most part though, books are better, I seriously hate the Harry Potter movies compared to the books, knowing what is suppose to happen really bothers me when it doesn't.

oh! And it's Called Northern Lights in other countries, only in America is it the Golden Compass, much like Harry Potter and the Philosophers/sorcerers stone  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:47 pm
Why would you feel guilty?

I hate the Harry Potter movies too>> (they're ok if you look at them as completely seperate and ignore the book plot completely, but if you've read the book they suck majorly. They made the movies for people who have not and will not read the books>< )

Ah, that makes sense about the Northern Lights thing...

I watched 'Master of Disguise' last night. I thought they tried just a little too hard to make it funny. It went beyond funny into dumb. There were occasional funny things but mostly it was over the top absurdity and kind of pointless. I wouldn't watch it again...

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:51 am
User Image

Master of Disguise...isn't that the one with that Turtle guy?? looked pretty dumb sweatdrop lol
No the reason I'd feel guilty is the whole religion thing, while yes it is fiction, I'd rather not absolutely fall in love with a series which bases is killing God sad
Granted, I really don't know if that is 100% true or not, I've never read them, they say that's what the third book is about. But....you have! Is that what they are about?! ((truthfully I'd like to hear no, but...research points to yes crying ))

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:53 pm
I am so Damn Pissed off at out town!!! THEY ARE NOT PLAYING 'Sweeny Todd'!!! Dammmmmnnnn It All. scream

On a less angering subject, for me, I went and Saw 'National Treasure II, The Secret book'.  

Destructo Kid

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:57 pm
User Image

ORLY?
Review plz heart I'm not sure if it'll be any good or not..sequels mostly aren't (`cept for pirates 3 WOOT WOOT!!)

User Image  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces