booya!
  boono!
View Results

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:54 am
domokun MOVIE REVIEWS FROM THOSE OF SAVAGE ARTS! domokun

3.5 reviews and counting, come post your reviews heart

All reviews will be stated in the first post and what page and post that you can find them for easier view. Few things to mention first though.

Movie Reviews will be rated by domos, thus, if you like a movie a lot, It'll be rated as
5/5 domokun
If you don't like the movie,
1/5 domokun

Obviously it's a rating out of 5, and yes you can do things such as 3.5/5 domokun and the like.

When it comes to writing the review, a few things to keep in mind
1.) Be literate...PLEASE
2.)No spoilers, even when your hard core bashing and trying to prove a point, try to like... make the spoiler only obvious to those who have seen the movie. I know it can be challenging, but do you best.
3.) A movie review is not "I thought it sucked 0/5 domokun !!" While that line can be in there, please do try and explain (spoilerless) why so, remember reviews are REVIEWING something, not just stating a one sentence opinion, reviews that are posted such as this will not be put on first post, and possible deleted, depending on my annoyance with you.
4.) If you happen to break these rules more then 4 reviews, you are no longer allowed to post reviews, however feel free to post.
5.)Every one will have a different opinion depending on the movie, so should your opinion differ, feel free to post your own review of the same movie.

REVIEWS

Rad's 300 Review, pg1 post 9
Destructo's Resident Evil 3 "review" pg1 post 7
Rad's Saw VI and Halloween 07 Review Pg1 Post 14
Maeth's (boss) review on Le Portrait de Petit Cossette pg 4 post 2
Rad's Enchanted Review Pg 4 post 5

Remember you can all post, even if you don't have a review yet lol, have fun though smile

If this thread goes well, perhaps I'll do a separate thread with Game reviews biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:01 pm
More than likley I will watch Resident Evil Extinction tomarrow.
I'll post a review soon. yay!! biggrin  

Destructo Kid

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:55 pm
hoorah, one day I might post my review on 300, since it's the movie I saw last, granted I saw it kinda pixely, but it still looked great to me, oo save for review Radj, save for review  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:33 pm
Radjulon
hoorah, one day I might post my review on 300, since it's the movie I saw last, granted I saw it kinda pixely, but it still looked great to me, oo save for review Radj, save for review

I just saw 300 for the first time last night. I think my favorite part was the credits actually>>
How often do you hear that?
I really liked the artistic splatter effect though, and the whole comic feel to it. Plus I like the music from the movie, so that was an added bonus.

I think some parts of the movie were quite un-necesary though. Maybe it's just me, but they could have left that sex scene out. It doesn't really do much>>
I may have just been in a cynical mood because I was tired, but some other parts seemed rather pointless too, like the slow motion for the horses riding through a feild of grain.
Some of the other scenes were very nicely done though, with well placed slow motion.

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:18 pm
I agree, I think it was much acknowledged that they were going to do it, I think it would of been better if they left it at that, the whole showing of the matter, and in slow motion I might add, not necessary, I don't even think it could qualify for "Artistic nudity" at all. :-/ Cause uh...even the fortune lady was kinda pushing it, of course, it wasn't that bad, if only the freaky old thing didn't lick her....I could of lived without seeing that one  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 am
The fortune telling scene was at least pretty, although she could have used a belt to keep that sheet on a little better. I do agree the lick was nasty and not needed...

I did like the flowy effect though.

Ayaji
Crew

Invisible Sex Symbol

Destructo Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:06 pm
Resident Evil 3

Ok I tried to post this once alredy and said that it wasn't in the right format, sooo here it goes again.
The movie has great CGI and Zombie effects to its name. Psycic powers arise that were seen in the last seconds of the 2nd movie.
The plot is as following. The T-Virus spred throughout the world and the earth, therefore, is a hostile enviornment. There is a caravan of survivors trying to survive the day and are trying to find a safe place to stay. Watch out for Zombies now kiddies.
Rated R for really big zombies.

Too tell you the truth...my first draft was a lot better. Just can't reproduce the best of my mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:20 am
Uhm... your rating Destructo? And uhm...review? That was more of a overview, bit of a difference. But considering I haven't posted a review yet, I can't really call you out on it since I might not have made myself too clear sweatdrop (I have that problem)

I'll work on a review at some point, maybe quite soon  

Radjulon
Crew

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:35 am
Indeed, this IS Sparta smile

Small overview, 300 is about a king (of Sparta) who is trying to protect his city from the Persians. Unfortunately for him, he has 300 dudes against like...millions.
BLOOD GALORE! WATCH IT smile

Being a little late to jump on the bandwagon, It wasn't until about last week that I saw this movie, which is a tad unfortunate because I knew that really cool line, you know, "THIS IS SPARTA" *boot* Of course, I hadn't actually seen the scene, and I have to say, it was really flippin cool. In fact, for the most part, the whole movie was like an epidemic plane of awesominity. Granted it was a tad slow at the beginning it very quickly picked up to get right to the point, which was nice, no dragging the whole thing out. Something you really don't see too often anymore. And the amazing thing is, even while it was a bit long, I was never really like, "God...when is this thing ending" Unlike LotR, which I loved, but I also had to potty. But that's another story.

The graphics were, of course, amazing, the amount of airbrushing was insane! I know that the dudes had to work out in between takes and that stuff too, but admittably, not many men have a perfectly molded body like that. Plus the freaky, and quite random "characters" ((oo no spoilers)) were done quite well, quite freaky. Timing and pacing were off the chizzang. And so was the lighting for that matter, gorgeous color effects, really set the mood. Camera angles too eek Artistically, it was a sound movie of awesome proportions.

However, as stated earlier in the thread, a few scenes were quiet unnecessary, mostly the "relation" scenes. I believe in the art of "The audience can guess what's next" It leaves more to the imagination, not to mention it's just more...I guess you could say it makes it more comfortable to watch with other people, instead of the intense awkwardness you DO get when you are watching it with father/mother/boyfriend/dog what not. Wow, that would of been a hilarious first date movie, come to think of it I would of loved to of seen that couples reactions to that lol. But I digress.
If sex scenes really bother you, you now have the option to Fastfoward (and see it really fast instead of slow lol) Other then that, I didn't see too much wrong with it, just wait till you kids are actually 18 to see a rated R movie 3nodding

I give this movie

4.5/5 domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:15 pm
Sorry 'bout that. I have a problem with memory and all sorts of other stuff.
I'll Do an actual review when I can think of one. Type it in word then copy and paste.  

Destructo Kid

Maeth
Captain

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:16 pm
I need to watch a new movie. Most of what I order from Netflix is anime.

As it is, Ganketsuou is awesome. I love the original story and they play upon it well. Only problems are that I don't like the opening song, the guy who sings is annoying and sketchy, and not so much a problem as a minor well done inconvenience is the constant cliff hangers. The art style is unique, the use of texture mapping or something, I have no idea. But it's neat to look at razz  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:23 pm
Saw 4 had an interesting plot. I think It's getting better!
Diss if you want. I have friends that agree.  

Destructo Kid

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:06 pm
..man Destructo, our movie views never seem to match.
Well... I'm going to post a review at some point, your more then welcome to post a review backing up the uh...good points of saw IV if you want  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:41 pm
Halloween Movie Reviews! (dude there be 2?!)
Ai, there be 2

First we'll start with the "best" of the two.

Saw IV
DISCLAIMER:
I have to say, I have not seen the first three Saw movies, in saying that, this might explain why some of the plot was sort of "Dude wth huh?" So there may be some bias, I have however been previously informed of what all happened in the previous movies, so...I know most info. In saying that, yea, as far as plot goes, this review may be a wee bit bias. You have been warned.

Went to the theater expecting to scream like a little pansy. You see, I'm easily scared, it takes near to NOTHING to freak me out. You can imagine my disappointment when I was dead bored after an hour and jumped once...and I can't really remember wh-- oh wait I remember now, predictable timing. Gets me every time. I have to say though...I wish they used more of it instead of PLOT predictability.

Let me tell you, if you haven't seen the previous movies, just know there is a new clown man (called Jig Saw) there...nothing has been ruined for you. Now that you know this, I predicted who the new Saw fellow would be...4 minutes into the movie. And guess what...I was right.

The pacing of this movie was like the director was on crack and just would NOT slow down unless it was A) talking about the original Jig Saw's Past (sort of anyway, still kinda flew by) or B) Gruesome Bloody long death scene. One of which lasted the whole flippin movie.

Now I have to say, it was interesting to see what made Jig Saw go nuts, all in all, he was pretty cool. However, as to the present day, there was WAY to much jumping around and plot wholes and all together, "Wait...what just happened?". Then of course....a twenty minute blood fest for each 5 minute plot shot.

Boring.. I'm sorry. The different devices were pretty original though, I mean... I never knew there were just so many ways to kill a person.

Long review short,
Add better pacing, remember more blood does not always equal scarier. In saying that...it is probably the best Halloween movie you can see this year...which...is kinda sad. I give it

3/5 domokun

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halloween 2007 by Rob Zombie

Good Lord this movie equaled pure suck. Nothing was good about it...at all.
EVER
I seriously nearly fell asleep about four times. It's not just cause of the pointless killing, it's how it was executed.

The camera man must of been having fits of some kind every time there was a killing, cause it was shaking so bad that you didn't even see where the heck they were, it was like watching a bad hang over in your brain. The killings were pretty predictable ('cept for one). And all, I mean EVERY SINGLE GIRL was a stupid trashy slut ho, except for one, who was just stupid, all about 15 having sex everywhere all the time, and naturally dieing shortly after finishing. All the guys were normal though, 'cept for Micheal...and his dad.

It was just bad. The Script was bad, the camera was bad, the lighting was DEFINATLY bad. The later half of the movie you can't see jack crap. It's that dark, It's sort of like...ink blot tests or something.

So yea...bad.

Unless you think watching Chucky (sequels) is a good time, or a good scare, then I suggest you just...save a good 2 hours of your life. Cause it's about the longest two hours ever. Oh. I forgot to mention, maybe I just watch to many movies but, you can also tell EVERYTHING that is going to happen before it happens. Yep.

1/5 domokun

Radjulon
Crew

Radjulon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:58 am
it makes me sad that my poor little movie thread is so unloved crying  
Savage Arts Main Hall

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash