Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:46 am
((I'm back! Sorry.))

"Crystal balls," the Professor said in response, handing Boisy one. "Now sit down and pay attention."
She moved to the front of the room and the blackboard came down. She waved her wand at the chalk and it moved up to the board, drawing diagrams of the crystal balls and writing notes up.
"The first thing is to know how these work. How they can show future happenings. How they respond to people.
The first crystal balls were merely chunks of crystal or quartz, stones valued for their ability to capture magic and hold it. A seer found a way to put her visions into them. Over time, it was found that something in the crystals could show the future with the proper magic put in, a trait that was missing in quartz.
A wizard discovered that by treating the crystal chunks in the light of each moon, from full to new and back again, and by placing the hair of a centaur in its center, the visions would come more readily to it.
The first crystal balls were not balls, but chunks of the clear stones. They were difficult to see through and the visions were very shaky, as the solid hair often disrupted them. It was also difficult to make, as centaurs never were on very good terms with humans, and the moons have to be all in a row, with relatively few clouds.
Eventually, spells and charms were developed to replace all these traits, and Crystal balls were made from glass. A charm was used to duplicate the magical properties of crystals. Another spell was used to duplicate the light of the moons, and a last one put the essance of the stars, in place of the centaur hair, into the glass. That is the silver mist you see--star shine and moonlight mixed with the magic of crystals.
To enter it, you need to clear your minds, but there is more than that. You see, you also have to want to know something. Want with all of your mind and heart. Don't look for anything in particular, just want to see something. And be careful, your imagination will sometimes take over the wanting, making you think that you are doing it correctly, but you truly aren't.
Sometimes you will see a scene. Sometimes just a single figure or symbol. They all have meanings that are often hard to figure out.
To make the vision your own, simply place both hands around the ball and gaze in deep. Try to look to the center of the mists.
I will come around to help you."
The blackboard moved up again and Summers walked about the room.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:19 pm
*runs in sits down in front* assuming that im in this class
Emma Fredsen, yr. 3, Gryffindor  

hpfan429924

CutesieBubbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:16 am
(pretend Sam was here the entire time. Samantha Tersal, 4th year Gryffindor)

"Okay..." Sam says taking notes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:34 am
((Nydia, Fifth year, troublemaker. Pretend she's been here.))

Nydia placed her hands on the crystal ball and did gaze deeply, cleared her mind, and wanted to know something or anything at all really, however before she could say this was pointless she saw something, her muggle grandmother surrounded by people, she didn't know exactly what was happening but she was guessing she wasn't in good shape. "No!" She yelled, seconds later realizing that she had yelled during class.

Othien

Lonely Prophet

8,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

hpfan429924

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 pm
picks up crystal ball and looks into it
I see a face
a dog and...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:36 pm
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! runs out of room and falls down the stairs *thump* OOWWWW!!!! I THINK I BROKE MY ANKLE
*tries to get up but falls down again* yep something in my legs is broken OOOWWW!!!  

hpfan429924

hpfan429924

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:44 pm
OW OW OW! *sits up squezes knees* mummy mummy i want my mum *sucks thumb*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:14 am
The professor hurries over to Emma and helps her up. "Are you all right? Here, sit on this chair for a moment, I need to go and see if Nydia is okay as well."
She sat down across from Nydia and tried to catch her eye. "Nydia? Would you like to go to the hospital wing? Talk to your head of house? I'll write you a hall pass to either place if you like, or even to the kitchens if you know how to get there. The house elves could whip up some hot chocolate. That usually helps when you see something bad."  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Spazzed_out_Basil

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:48 pm
Conor pushed the trapdoor aside creating quite a scene. His ruffled brown hair and blue eyes scanned the room as he quickly thrust his time turner into his pocket, "SORRY!" he said as he sat in front of his crystal ball. His mind turned to the swirling mist and he saw...

...It was an August day just like this, but the table at which he sat had three tottally different people at it...

... his head began to hurt and he looked even deeper...

... He saw one of them, a girl she looked like someone he knew, but wait that looked like...

...he felt like fainting...

...He starred again and saw a boy with red hair and it was someone he knew, who was it?!...

..the room began to spin and jump, but one lat image came...

... a boy of thirteen or fourteen with glasses, black hair, and green eyes, he knew who this was, but he couldn't speak...

...Conor's mouth closed and he fell forward across the table, out of it.

((Conor Buno, 5th year)).  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:12 pm
((I'm leaving now. Goodbye, everyone. I hope your next teacher in this class is lots of fun!))  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

hpfan429924

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:05 pm
im back and im out of the hostpital wing yeah that cast made me itchy  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:12 pm
Crystal nodded at the teacher, and smiled. She set her head on her hands,and gazed into the crystal ball, willing for something to happen.

She looked for a few seconds more, then grew a tad bit frustrated. She shook her head, cleared her mind, and gazed again,this time shocked at the images that appeared...

A colour that deeply reminded her of viloet seemed to be swimming in the fog...

A cat with orange hair arched it's back and hissed at her...

A big black dog threw it's head back and howled at the moon...

The dog's head turned into a human's, who looked distinctly liked Sirius...

Crystal's head slid into her arms and she fell asleep.

crystalice24201

dawnee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:45 pm
wahmbulance this is an alert voltamort has been seen in hogsmead  
RP at Hogwarts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items