Submit

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:26 am
((This is after Trelawney retires, and so is after the time of Harry Potter. I want to sort of mention a couple of Trelawney's classroom predictions as lessons. I personally feel that she saw everything correctly, she just misread it. You'll see what I mean later.))

The spiral staircase to the North Tower Divination classroom remain normal and unchanged. The nameplate on the trapdoor reads Prof. Summers, Divination. When the soft cord next to the wall is pulled, the trapdoor opens and a silver ladder comes down to allow the students access to the classroom.
The inside is circular, and is obviously charmed to be larger than it appears on the outside. Round tables, covered in white tablecloths, are grouped around the edges of the room. Each table bears a single tall white candle that gives off more light than a candle usually does. Simple wooden chairs surround these tables, allowing thirty or so students to sit in the room at one time, far more than what is usually needed.
Instead of the darkness and the stifling red shades of Trelawney's the room is decorated in relaxing shades of ocean blues. The windows are open, allowing cool breezes to sweep through the room. The fireplace is usually empty and cold on warmer days, as the classes never do fire-signs until winter.
Teacups and teapots sit on shelves, curved against the wall, on one side of the room. The other wall supports cabinets, also curved, of smoky crystal balls and seeing mirrors. The bottom two shelves of these cabinets hold simple-looking wooden bowls.
Opposite the students' tables is a larger oval desk of the teacher's. A plain wood chair sits behind it, and the desk is bare with the exception of a quill, inkpot, and a stack of parchment.
Another new addition is the enchanted blackboard that draws up into the cieling when not needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:28 am
((This is the class roster.))

Boisy -- fourth year
Henry -- third year
Tari
motoko kujaku -- fourth year
Crystal

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

boiseboy
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:28 am
Boisy tiredly reaches the top of the spiraling stair case and sees the soft cord that allows him to go up into the classroom."Not more stairs" Boisy says exhaustingly. He climbs up the last few steps and picks a spot somewhere in the middle of the room to sit down. "I can't wait for the first lesson. I don't think that I will be that good at his subject but oh well"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:58 pm
Henry ran into the rooom and sat next to Boisy. "Hello Professor," he said, " I can't wait to begin."  

Mangled Parking Meter

Tarinsa
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:11 am
tari glanced around at her first view of the classroom, still halfway out on the silver ladder. "wow...."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:36 am
Professor Summers sat in the chair behind her desk and waited for her students. They were doing mixed years and houses this year. Why, she did not know.
She stood up as the third student entered the classroom and walked to the center.
"I know that class has not started yet, but if I could have your name, house, and year, please," She pulled out a muggle clipboard and a quill.  

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Raenefxx

5,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:35 pm
um... can i join? i'm sure i put my name down before but obviously not....

am i late? i don't get how many hours ahead/behind it is from wehre i live...

anyway asumming that i can join my names motoko kujaku, i'm in griffindor (apprently) and in yr 4  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:45 pm
Henry, Gryffindor, 3rd.  

Mangled Parking Meter

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:52 pm
((You're the teeniest bit late, but it's okay. Doesn't matter.))

Professor Summers pulled down a teapot and poured hot water into it. She placed four identical white teacups on the central table, just behind an array of tea leaves.
"We are going to start with tea leaf reading," she announced, waving her wand to bring down the blackboard. A piece of chalk rose up and began to write things on the board, detailing pictures of different types of tea leaves and jotting down notes on their qualities in divination. "Please take out a piece of parchment, a quill, and your books."
She placed the teapot behind the cups and stood behind the table while she explained each leaf.
"When you are finished copying down what's on the board, come up, choose a cup, and put the correct amounts of each leaf into it. When you have done that, I will fill the cup with water. No sugar or cream, it can ruin the shapes. This is why we use Mallowleaf, or sweet leaf. It doesn't mess up anything, and adds some sweet flavor to the tea."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:53 pm
Boisy recieves the quill and clipboard from Henry and writes *I'm a fourth year gryffindor and the names Boisy* biggrin  

boiseboy
Vice Captain

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:30 pm
((Whenever you're ready...))

Prof. Summers checked the quantity of the leaves in the cups and poured the hot water in. She told them to sit down and drink it slowly; she didn't want to have to send her students to the hospital wing for throat scalding.
"When you've finished drinking, swap cups with a partner. (if there are now only three of you, do a three-way swap) Let the last bits of tea drain away onto the saucer by placing the cup upside down on it, then take a look. Make sure you rotate it to the left, and only try to figure out a shape when it is the closest to you. If you are unsure, make a rough sketch of it. Also be sure to note if it is light on dark or dark on light, as it can make a difference."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:29 am
hello proffesser i guess i'll be taking this class and i will see you in the teacher hang out  

Eris_M.Riddle

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:37 am
((Okay. You have your teacups. Just start talking about who you switched with and what the shapes in your cup look like. Make stuff up if you want to. Ask Prof. Summers for help.))  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:05 pm
Henry swapped cups with boisy. He looked inside, "Hmm. I dont see anything that looks like anything. Am I doing this right?"  

Mangled Parking Meter

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:31 pm
Prof. Summers walked over and checked Boisy's cup. "No, it's all right. You're doing fine. His leaves just happen to be a little more mixed up, and similar in color. This usually signifies a difficult-to-read future. See here," she said as she turned the cup and pointed out a barely recognizable dark blob of soggy leaves, "here is a sign that resembles an acorn. By divination standards, this means that Boisy is in for a windfall, unexpected gold. However, these standards have been proven wrong before. It can be taken literally. Tomorrow a squirrel might throw an acorn at Boisy while he is on his way to Herbology or Magical Creatures."
She smiled and waited for the giggles and snickers to die down.
"See what else you can come up with."  
RP at Hogwarts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces