Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:04 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Well I cannot deny that," Jack said, picking up his wine glass and move closer to Tessa, his arm falling around her gently. "But I also cannot deny that an even greater excess of alcoholic beverage than usual has helped in that way quite well," He said with a smal grin, drawing one leg up partially. It was indeed the truth, the half depleted bottle of wine was proof of that.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 am
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa laughed and dropped her head onto the front of Jack's shoulder.
"Jack, that wasn't what I meant," she said, still laughing slightly, "Don't you ever sleep? I realize it wouldn't make much sense for you to sleep at night, but still at all?"
She lifted her head slightly in curiosity. Inwardly she found it hard to believe that they had only known each other for a couple weeks and yet still knew as much about each other - or at least their insecurities - as they had.
"Doesn't it ever bother you, normally being so very wide awake? I don't think I could even imagine that."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 am
User Image

"I do sleep...sometimes," Jack said. "After a while you get used to not having to, and then it is used only to pass the time," Jack explained after a moment's thought. He slid his hand down from Tessa's shoulder to her waist to allow his shoulder to relax. "Maybe I should ask you how you could sleep so much," Jack teased, taking a sip from his wine, letting his eyes look towards Tessa. Her heartbeat could be heard very plainly by him, but he forced the temptation from his mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"You were the one telling me to rest, Jack!" Tessa cried, "Don't you get tired of contradictions?"
She laughed again and leaned over to Jack. She wrapped her arms around him and dropped her head on his shoulder.
"I guess I shouldn't complain though, should I?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:54 pm
User Image

"Contradictions," Jack said waving his hand with the glass, wine sloshing over the side. "Oh dear..." He said, seemingly concerned with the drop of wine on the ground. He seemed troubled by it for a moment before snapping back to reality. "Oh, no, you shouldn't. Complaining is not good," Jack said with a grin. "But, I daresay we will be in need of making port soon. According to Mr. Porter, there is very little rum left. Can you believe that...that b*****d's ship carried not a single drop of rum? Wine is good and all but..." Jack trailed off for a moment before chuckling slightly. "Perhaps at port we can buy a camel. I....cannot believe I am saying this, but I miss William. Don't you?" Jack asked, looking down. "He did carry us to some good purpose yes?" He traced circles on Tessa's waist with his finger as memories of a few caves he decided he liked surfaced, and he looked down at Tessa with a teasing grin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:01 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa giggled and brought a hand down to Jack's wrist, holding it down for a moment as she reached up to give a light kiss at his jaw.
"You need your rest, Jack," she said softly, "and whether you need a camel or not, I need you. I'd call that a fair exchange, wouldn't you?"
She blinked once as her skin grew slightly colder, and for a moment she frowned.
"That's... that's just cruel." she whimpered, "Why would my nature make it so cold now?"

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm
User Image

"I'll rest later love, I am quite fine for the present," Jack said pulling her closer to him and setting down his wine glass. He frowned as she chilled and wrapped his arms around her while sitting up. Concerned, he unwrapped one hand and raised her chin to look in her eyes. "Are you ok?" He asked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:24 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"I'm fine," Tessa said, "it just seems like a lot of cold seems to happen when I'm feeling well... not cold."
She smiled and pulled herself closer to him, her soft breathing made slightly harsher by the cold she felt yet was not truly present outside of herself.
"I suppose my goddess' nature doesn't really agree with me warming up to a man anymore. A little sad, really."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:33 pm
User Image

"Should I leave?" Jack asked, raising an eyebrow. "I wouldn't want you hurt because of me," He said, trailing off ever slightly, brushing a piece of hair away from her face and bringing his closer to hers before her words registered and he leaned back with a sigh, his jaw muscle pulsing slightly as he bit back his thirst.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

"What?" Tessa sounded mildly perplexed, "I told you already I can handle whatever might happen, so long as there's enough of me left to relive off of. Besides, I'm not hurt, just a little cold."
She clung to him tighter still, nearly resting her head against his own for a moment.
"Something I'm fairly certain you can help with. Don't be afraid Jack, I've done it before."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:49 pm
User Image

Jack lifted his head to hers and looked her in the eyes, looking like he was about to say something important, before he smiled and ran a hand down her back, landing at the small of her back while he brought his lips to hers cautiously. "But I don't want to hurt you," He breathed, lips mere centimeters from hers before closing the gap, slowly breaking away ever so slightly, eyes searching hers.

Mr. Porter froze in the doorway as he opened the door and Jack sat up quickly, shooting a glare at him. "Ah...we'll be in port before nightfall, Captain...Sir," Mr. Porter retreated with a red face, closing the door, while Jack chuckled lightly, returning his attention to Tessa.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 pm
}---Erathis Nekaedhe---{

Through trial, you learn.
Through effort, you improve.
Through struggle, you grow.
That's not life, however.

User Image

Life is a series of these and these alone.
I came knowing this, prepared.
And I'm ready to bring it all on.

Elsewhere...

"You what?!" Erathis shouted at the vendor before him.
"You heard me, I need a brick of Devil Iron to even think about forging something as significant as to match the weapon you're carrying and I'm out of stock!"
The young man sighed and turned away, nearly storming out of the shop despite the several strange glances shot his way. He paused for a moment though.
"Where can I find some, then? Perhaps if we were to barter something..."
"Tessalona. Serendale, specifically."
"The caverns?"
The vendor nodded stiffly, "And you'd be a fool to go alone, you have to know that."
Erathis turned away with a small smile.
"I can be a fool if I want to be. At least I'm a knowledgeable one. Seems like all I need is a boat."

Order Of Chaos: You know how you were talking about how we never use these? Think I'm going to do a horizontal resemblance though, this is a bit big. (And yes, this is me saying let's get Jack to port already)

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:23 pm
User Image

Jack's skilled hands steered the Duchess into the pirate port of Treicana and the anchor was dropped as soon as he gave the order. He soon turned to Tessa with a smile, pressing his lips to her cheek before whispering in her ear, "I'm going to the tavern, if you care to join me, feel free," He then turned away and walked down the gangplank, tossing the dock keeper two silver pieces. He headed off through the bustling port, eyes on the mountains in the middle of the island for a while, then the marketplace, trying to keep them away from the people. He would be too tempted. He could only hope for a vampire barkeep.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 pm
User Image
}---Erathis Nekaedhe---{

Through trial, you learn.
Through effort, you improve.
Through struggle, you grow.
That's not life, however.

Life is a series of these and these alone.
I came knowing this, prepared.
And I'm ready to bring it all on.

Erathis left the shop, but he watched carefully for several minutes as the Duchess came into port. It would afford him time enough to rest as needed, if he could be patient with a ship just arriving and perhaps to barter passage. With a slight shrug and the assumption he had nothing to lose he walked up to Jack and addressed him with a slight acknowledging nod.
"That ship that just came in," he indicated the Duchess, "I don't suppose you know the captain of it, do you?"

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:35 pm
User Image

Jack's eyes boggled slightly at Erathis slightly before he composed himself. "I heard the captain is a man of incredible intellect, strength, and perhaps handsomeness, according to the right person. Why do you ask?" Jack asked, self amused by his exchange with this stranger. He looked back to his ship with a grin.

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games