~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Home Sweet Home ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Guilds

Reply Home Sweet Home: Main
Childhood Fears Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What was your most remembered childhood fear?
Spiders
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Snakes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Horror Movie Villians (Chucky, Jason, Freddy Krueger, etc.)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Halloween Villians (zombies, witches, vampires, etc.)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Getting shots
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Bugs
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Dogs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The &quot;monster under the bed/in the closet&quot;
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
The dark
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Other
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 34

JadeK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:33 pm
TaijimaNarumi
My all time phobia is being under water. I have mild fear of birds and heights.
It's not a fear but I still feel scared at wakes and funerals. Open casks make me shiver.
I used to be afraid of mirrors when I was thirteen. (Why I don't know but the bathroom one scared me the most.) eek

I've had nightmares of drowning or somehow appearing underwater. And I learn to avoid funerals when possible......but what's a wake?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:30 am
hights exclaim sweatdrop it doesnt help being tall ether!  

Samsamsameo

TaijimaNarumi

Generous Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:15 pm
JadeK
TaijimaNarumi
It's not a fear but I still feel scared at wakes and funerals. Open casks make me shiver.
I used to be afraid of mirrors when I was thirteen. (Why I don't know but the bathroom one scared me the most.) eek

I've had nightmares of drowning or somehow appearing underwater. And I learn to avoid funerals when possible......but what's a wake?

A wake is kind of a ceremony you have before a funeral.
It's where you go usually a funeral home or a church to pay respect to the dead and their family. I've been to few different kinds; like opened, closed casks (opened casks are the worst.) and ones with cermation boxs (don't remeber what they call what the put the ashes in.)
In the olden days they created wakes because of alcohol stupers.
It's called a wake because most people would get drunk and pass out.
They would wake up before being buried or at the morgue. eek
It's actually a good thing that there's wakes. beause before wakes tons of people were buried alive. eek  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:04 pm
ALIENS and ninjas ninja  

MyLittleBox

Konai_Neto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:04 pm
Wow...I have been to to many funerals in my time but no one was ever cremated...I can't really remember my first one, prob. cause I was only 3 or four months from being five...and the others I don't want to remember...but I do rememer them...mostly, anyway...however for the first one my family has told me that I wanted to say goodbye to my great grandpa so badly that I broke awa from my parents, who were holding me back, ran up to the grave as he was beinng lowered in and say goodbye...though I don't think that's why I don't remember it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:16 pm
TaijimaNarumi
JadeK
TaijimaNarumi

A wake is kind of a ceremony you have before a funeral.
It's where you go usually a funeral home or a church to pay respect to the dead and their family. I've been to few different kinds; like opened, closed casks (opened casks are the worst.) and ones with cermation boxs (don't remeber what they call what the put the ashes in.)
In the olden days they created wakes because of alcohol stupers.
It's called a wake because most people would get drunk and pass out.
They would wake up before being buried or at the morgue. eek
It's actually a good thing that there's wakes. beause before wakes tons of people were buried alive. eek

Meep eek Now that I remember, I have been to a wake: my grandmother's and her casket was open, but I was so young; I thought she was sleeping sweatdrop Didn't go to her funeral though cry  

JadeK

Soppon

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:24 pm
Willy Wanka

I saw a poster of the new movie today and couldn't stand by it. I was reminded of the nightmares he gave me when I was little. gonk He still creeps me out to no end. I probably won't be able to watch TV when they start showing commercials about that movie. x.x;;

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:59 pm
That huge croc from Hook. I used to have reaccuring nightmares of it being right above me then CRASH BOOM GULP I was dead.  

Konai_Neto

Indigo Infinity

Rainbow Wrangler

9,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:13 pm
When I was little I was afraid of the dark, my house being robbed, my house being burnt down, ghosts, and deep water.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:12 pm
Skytile
I have a friend who's scared of butterflies!

Yeah, somebody told me a scary story in like... 4th grade, and it had to do with a toilet...

I have a friend who's scared of worms... i took him fishing and had to bait his hooks for him. i absolutely HATE spiders. we wwere kayaking on the river and i ran into some trees and a big spider fell on my kayak and i literatly dived off it into thee river..... redface i felt sooooooooooooooooo embarassed sweatdrop  

RoanokoDarkHeart

RoanokoDarkHeart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:16 pm
samsamsameo
hights exclaim sweatdrop it doesnt help being tall ether!

oh i HATE heights!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:21 pm
hmm when i was younger, i was afraid of the dark, up untill i was 11 then I grew up and got over it.
I was also afraid of Thunder storms, untill i was like 8 now i love them!! I love lightning to it's so awesome to watch!
Hmm now all i'm really afraid of is heights I guess I mean i've been on really tall things, and i've been on planes and stuff i just hate being high. lol it's weird.
I also have stage fright, which is a type of fear most people don't think of. but yeah.
As far as Scary movies go, i wasn't allowed to watch stuff like that untill i was like 14, my first horror movie was Rose Red- Stephen King. Once you've seen that nothing's really all that scary. I love Horror movies now, thriller, I dont' think there's anything out there that could scare me now, movie wise that is.

Bugs/insects, arachnids(no spiders are not bugs, they have 8 legs and Insects have 6 or more than 8, yes i hate being smart too.But then starting in university this year i should hopefully be somewhat smart right?)that, i'm not really afraid of, just detest them, they're annoying and well annoying. I'm only cautious of the ones that could hurt me. Like Trauntullas(sp? don't hurt me. crying ) and most snakes. plus the fact that they're just so creepy looking.

I guess when i was little i was afraid of Ghost stories, and such but i started reading ghosts stories at age 14 and well I advise not reading them before going to sleep, Bad bad idea! oh and Fyi bad movie combo, for one day, well for me anyway when i first saw the movies, okay The Haunting, Blair Witch Project 2 and the first half hour of The Mummy. I swear I had nightmares that the Mummy was after me, and was going to kill me. I've seen the movies since then and laugh that i had nightmares about them. they're awesome movies. Anyway yeah that' s all i can really think of for any of my fears and such. Please try not to laugh at me.  

Kahara Michiyo

6,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Little Lottie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:53 pm
I was afraid of the tricks my ears and eyes played on me at night...and bugs and spiders(I'm still afraid of bugs and spiders)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:24 pm
I wasn't afraid of much when I was little...heck I was pretty brave and spooky cause I wanted to go to a graveyard and party with all the ghost, zombies, and other occult and fantasy beings....
but I was and still afraid of spiders and antique dolls  

Shinigami Banchou sama

Gothicfox51193

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:50 pm
Ants and Clowns. I am still hate clowns.

Home Sweet Home: Main

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff