Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 am
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"The harm in one particular stop or another is the rash decisions that come with it," Calypso said sharply. "He knows not what he is doing if he follows through with his plans," Her grip on the railing tightened again and her shoulder-blades tightened together. "What you say is preventative is not so, it is saving a life," She said, looking to Erathis for a moment before lowering her gaze again.

[OutrageousObliviousCats:]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 am
User Image
}---Erathis Nekaedhe---{

Through trial, you learn.
Through effort, you improve.
Through struggle, you grow.
That's not life, however.

Life is a series of these and these alone.
I came knowing this, prepared.
And I'm ready to bring it all on.

Erathis hesitated for a second before he took a deep breath and raised his mask. His eyes wandered from side to side for another moment and he finally gave in.
"Alright, I get it. I guess I'm not privy to some information, no matter how substantial. It might be a fair idea to make an inquiry though; if he's being rash as you say, and you're in this to save a life then at least find why he elected this particular route?"

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:48 am
User Image
Calypso

I am the sea

"I know why he picked this course," Calypso said, her anger spiking ever so slightly. She pushed away from the railing and began to walk away before pausing. "I would suggest not questioning the captain, he is still not entirely reliable," She said, before crossing the deck to the helm, where Mr. Porter was sitting on the deck. She struck up a conversation with him, seeming to relax ever so slightly.

[OutrageousObliviousCats:]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 am
User Image
}---Erathis Nekaedhe---{

Erathis sighed and went over to the rear of the ship, before he sat down against a wall with little interest at best for the immediate situation. For a moment he shifted to one side and let his weapon shift weight down his leg rather than at the wall behind him, affording him a much better position against it. He brought up his knees and wrapped his arms about them. With his head dropped down between them, he closed his eyes and fell limp.

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

For the rest of the trip, both Jack and Scarlett seemed more distant than usual, Scarlett disappearing for days below deck, spending time with her father, a fear growing in her heart for the future. Jack refused to go below deck save but to spend time with William the Second. The rest of the time, he was either at the helm or in his quarters. The look of worry grew usual on his face. Very seldom did Scarlett and him talk, and when they did, it usually ended with them not talking for several days. Calypso's visits began to come more frequently, for longer, but she never talked to her son. Instead, she looked on with silent concern.

When they finally reached the Tessalonian shores, Jack let out a sigh of relief and took to the helm without question, guiding her as close to the shore as the Duchess may go. Then, he gave the order for boats to be dropped.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 pm
User Image
}---Erathis Nekaedhe---{

Erathis by this point had relearned to keep himself silent, and with a small weave of white magic teleported himself to the shore. Hardly a hundred feet in front of him the mountains sprang up without hindrance nor evident seam. He looked back for a moment and decided to wait and see what the captain and crew would elect of their own accord. Already by now he acknowledged confidence and capability did not always cross, but an electrical sound and the rush of wind in his face caught him alert instantly.
"So they didn't just send a mass of underdogs this time, is that it?"
Another sound of the same origin, and Erathis narrowed his eyes cautiously.
"Familiar..."

Order Of Chaos:

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 pm
User Image

Jack set foot on the beach and oversaw the process of the unloading of the two other boats. Scarlett was in the second, Henry in the third. Jack looked at Erathis with a blank look, or rather the look of a man weary of trouble. "Well?" He asked, stepping over to him, walking from the portion of the crew that had come with them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:06 pm
User ImageAnother bolting sound and Erathis was gone, a line of lightning routing from substantial cover to where he had stood and off on another path, but in his place stood another figure, watching Jack and the others with only wary interest and no easy-to-notice care.
"So, you were the one he hired into bringing him here?" he asked, "I don't expect you'll be seeing him again; you might as well be on your way."

Erathis' voice sounded in the distance a near-half-mile into the brush.
"Epithel, you rotten traitor!"
Almost as though interrupted, it suddenly silenced.

The figure only shrugged and turned to the direction he had just arrived from.
"You may want to go, before things get ugly newcomer. Tessalona, even its islands, are not known to be safe."

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:12 pm
User Image

Jack narrowed his eyes, but shrugged and turned. "You heard him, load up the boats," He said, but was interrupted by Scarlett who grabbed his arm.
"Jack!" She said, looking into his eyes before starting off towards the stranger, stopping three paces from Jack.
"Mr. Porter, load up the boats," Jack said quickly. "If she wants to be the idiot than so be it." He said, heading back to the water as Scarlett narrowed her eyes, the captain's words obviously stinging her.
"What do you want with him?" She asked the stranger.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:19 pm
The stranger glanced at Scarlett warily for an extended moment before giving a halfhearted shrug.
"It's not quite what I want with him, so much as what several I associate with have in mind. You see, his kind are unique in their latent capabilities, but it has nothing to do with their peculiar talent for magic as so many allege. Rather, the manner on which they can be bent to so many other purposes."
He frowned and looked away for a moment, a near-hateful glare cast out across the seas but he nodded indicatively back to the ship.
"Now, best be on your way lass. No need to get yourself killed here."

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 pm
User Image

Jack sighed and grabbed Scarlett's arm, roughly dragging her back to the boats, her yelling the entire way. She stopped and silence fell over the group as she bit down on Jack's hand and he retaliated, back handing her so she fell to the sand. Immediately, he went down next to her with an apology while Henry stood nearby, hands tied, face drained color. Scarlett looped her arms around Jack's neck and kissed him before he could pull away, which he did immediately afterwards.

Once on the ship, Scarlett looked towards Jack who was wrapping his hand to see if there was a reaction. He looked back towards her, his eyes showing much confliction in emotion, but he did rub her cheek with his thumb before leaving for his quarters.

Calypso sat on the sand of the beach, guised as Tia, and looked down at her hands, her wide brimmed hat concealing her eyes. "You shouldn't threaten others before you know who they are," She said.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:50 pm
Epithel leaned back on his heel slightly. A small smile crossed his face as a number of thoughts ran through his mind upon seeing the vessel depart.
"Alright, if you are so confident about it, then who are you to even say I am making threats? The life of the lands here are both hostile and indiscriminate, I made no threats relating to any particular individual, except perhaps Erathis."

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:56 pm
"Let me rephrase then," Tia said, not raising her hand. "Do not threaten someone until you know who is willing to protect them," She said, her hands closing over something small and silver. She at last lifted her head, her irises a light gray, a near silver. Her eye brows arched slightly.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:05 pm
The stranger halted his line of thought for a long moment and stepped back a step. His eyes narrowed suspiciously but he showed no sign of tension or unease besides that.
"I can tell it's going to be an interesting prospect sorting this out," he said at last, "so just who are you, anyway?"

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

The_Scarlet_Lark

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:56 pm
"Tia Anjez," She said looking back to her hands, or more accurately the ground in front of her crossed legs. "Now that you have acquired my name, what is yours, stranger?" Her thumb twitched and she forced it into a ridgid state. She herself seemed to freeze into a motionless state. It was not tense, more an overwhelming calm that commanded her features.  
Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games